Default 1000 Pt Necrons (1500, 1850, & 2000 pt lists to follow)

Here is a revised version of the list I've been using at my LGS on friday nights. I'll post the 1500, 1850, and 2000 pt lists later.

HQ
    Necron Overlord w/Warscythe & Phaeron
    Necron Overlord w/Warscythe & Phaeron
    Cryptek (Harbinger of the Storm)

Troops
    Warriors x9
    Warriors x9
    Immortals x5 (Gauss)

Dedicated Transport
    Ghost Ark x2

Fast Attack
    Heavy Destroyers x3

From what I've found so far, having the overlord w/phaeron riding shotgun to a group of 9 warriors in a ghost ark is fantastic, and is likely going to be the core of most of my lists. The ability to charge forward 12", hop out, shoot, and assault the enemy is highly recommended.

I haven't been able to get my hands on a new set of immortals yet, that is next on the shopping list. Likewise, I need a cryptek (I may end up subbing a pariah in for one until I can get my hands on the model). I just picked up my second ghost ark today, and I'm planning on magnetizing it in order to hot swap it for a doomsday ark.

My previous 1000 pt lists that I've been testing have all run the monolith...not that I have anything against it, but in a 1000 pt list I think I need to focus more on troop mobility rather than hoping the particle whip will pay for itself in point value. I plan on running a lith at the higher point values, and fully expect 2 of them to make my list at either 1850 or 2000.
    *Sung to the tune of "Tubthumping"*
    'Crons get knocked down, but they get up again, and you're never gonna keep 'em down
    'Crons get knocked down, but they get up again, and you're never gonna keep 'em down...
    Gaussin' the night away...Gaussin' the night away

To clarify, the Overlords are riding shotgun in the arks, and the cryptek is with the immortals.
    'Crons get knocked down, but they get up again, and you're never gonna keep 'em down
    'Crons get knocked down, but they get up again, and you're never gonna keep 'em down...

Admin / conversion addict
    A huge pile of (social and economic) psychology books and papers

Interesting list there Lax, good to see people experimenting with the new codex. The Phaeron in particular is becoming one of my favorite codex abilities, it does seem odd though that every army out there seems to be lead by either Imotekh or a Phaeron If I may ask, how are those Heavy Destroyers working for you? They seemed mighty expensive for that added range and only a 50% chance of even hitting something.

Best of luck magnetizing that Ghost Ark as well, I understand from Orkgasm that is makes for quite a challenge. Believe he went through 50+ magnets to get the entire thing working, still well worth the cost in the end of course.

The nearly always available admin - PM me. Astro Articles, my Log and

I'm particularly fond of the Heavy D's, as in my experience they tend to be fairly reliable at putting down enemy vehicles. Their range is nice, but it's their Gaussy-Lascannon's ability to crack through armor that I find myself enjoying. At higher point values, I'll probably end up running various other units that either replace or at the very least complement their ability to tear through armor. The real issue is that almost everything in the Necron codex maxes out its range at 24" - and I tend to get into a lot of fights with mechanized guard, which puts me at a disadvantage for range more often than not. That is also one of the reasons I plan on magnetizing the new Ghost Ark - at higher values, when I have something to provide some support for it, I plan on running at least one Doomsday ark just for the ability to sit back & blow stuff up on the other side of the table.

Fully agree:
    Phaeron + Ghost Ark = Phantastic!
    I've been using this combo (both with Imotekh and with a generic Phaeron)
    And I have also pulled off the Disembark-RapidFire-Assault combo as well (with a huge grin on my face)

However, I have yet to put a second Ghost Ark together (the magnets for hotswapping ARE a pain), and so am interested to see how that works for you.

Also, with a Harbinger of Destruction anyway, are you able to squeeze the points for a Solar Pulse? I think they would prove very helpful in making sure your Heavy Destroyers survive long enough to shoot for more than one turn.

So far on my second ark, I've only assembled the prow & part of the rear section with the driver. I need to find my camera, and I'll either take some short video clips or at least some still shots of the assembly process, and either post them or a link to the video up here in a WIP thread as I go about it.

I'm thinking the redundancy of the 2 ghost arks will help ensure that I get some of those warriors back due to the ark ability - which I have yet to have happen, typically by the time my warriors are dying, the arks are already either wrecked or blown up.

I wasn't able to squeeze any more points out from that list - if I had been, there would have been either a resurrection orb, or more likely, a different harbinger with a longer ranged weapon - however, I've been having trouble dealing with Silent_P's mech guard, and the stave weapon on the Harbinger of the Storm seems like some possible help in that case. I tend to keep the heavy d's under cover, which helps to keep them around for a couple of turns at least.

Astropath
    Blog Entries

Do I even want to know what that Cryptek's ability is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_P to Consadine
    Look, my guys are regular humans holding back the threat of xenos invasion and the corruption of chaos. We don't have the luxury of wandering around in giant suits of armor and having extra internal organs.

Prent, in answer to your question, the Harbinger of the Storm carries a voltaic staff, range 12" str 5 ap - assault 4, Haywire. Haywire means on a shot on a vehicle, it glances on a 2-5 & pens on a 6.

Played in a 1000 point game with the list posted above - I'll put the results in a battle report in the appropriate forum once I'm done typing this up.

I've just plotted out a potential 1500 point list, and here it is.

HQ
    Trazyn The Infinite
    Necron Overlord w/ Warscythe Sword, Resurrection Orb, & Phaeron

Royal Court
    Necron Lord w/ Resurrection Orb
    Cryptek - Harbinger of the Storm w/ Lightning Field

Troops
    Warriors x8
    Warriors x9
    Immortals (Gauss) x10

Dedicated Transport
    Ghost Ark x2
    Night Scythe

Fast Attack
    Destroyers x5 (3x Heavy)

Heavy Support
    Annihilation Barge w/ Gauss Cannon

In this list, Trazyn & the Necron Lord w/ Resurrection Orb ride in the Ghost Ark w/ 8 warriors, while the Overlord rides in the other Ghost Ark with 9 warriors. The Cryptek goes along with the Immortals. Unless of course I'm operating under a misinterpretation of the rules & a member of the Royal Court can't join the same unit as Trazyn or another Overlord...if this is the case & somebody knows it, please let me know (I'm pretty sure they can do this, but I'd rather find out before doing so in a game).

Let me know what you think.