Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast
    Keeper of the Sands
    Blog Entries

Default Warhammer 40k: 6th Edition

Getting some additional chitter chatter at the moment, two separate sources with similar things...

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spy 001
    In terms of the boxed set I have also heard strong rumors that it will be Dark Angels vs Traitor Marines, but I have heard rumors that the starter set will be very different to previous editions.

You can take this one with a huge pinch of salt, and I am not sure how much I believe it but thought I would share it as I have heard it from various sources.

There will be two versions of the starter set for the first time. Rather than the box containing two armies each will have one, so Dark Angels versions and a Traitor version. Each will have a selection of figures, but the extra space in the box will focus on scenery. So there will be a small Dark Angels force with a Dark Angels specific piece of scenery in one box, and a small Traitor force and Chaos specific scenery in the other.

GW caught onto the fact that most people go halves on the starter set and split the armies, which means less sales, or ebay one half again resulting in less sales. Having the starter set with just one army in but at the usual price means that if you want both armies you have to buy two boxed sets, and you won't be able to buy with a friend and split them now. However the extra scenery in the box apparently will make it worthwhile.

Again take that with a pinch of salt but I have heard that from credible sources. The boxed set should also be available around the time of the London Olympics, so some time around July/August next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Secret Spy 002
    6th Edition. He said it is just around the corner. I think he was more specific but I don't want to compromise this information with half remembered details. I believe he mentioned 2 codexs to be released before 6th. One was Necrons and the other was either Dark Angels or Eldar. I was surprised at this. Whatever the order was (either DA or Eldar, the other will be the second book in 6th--damn it, I can't remember which one!)

The boxed set for 6th with be Chaos versus Dark Angels.
    Make of this what you will, two seperate people with two completely different sources are saying much the same thing. Will be interesting a few months!
    Feel free to contact me, with any questions or concerns, here: tallarn@astronomican.com

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Adeptus Astronomica

meh and meh its traitors or (secret) traitors

ALL HAIL THE CUSTARD GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Sterling Archer of the Ordo Hereticus

The idea is pretty cool - I'd be very interested in chaos-specific scenery :)
    Custom minis, conversions and paint jobs - Check out my blog athttp://alexanderthealchemist.blogspot.com/

Head Custard Cream

I have heard many many roumours about this 6th edition.

Some good some bad for me if its true the breaker will be the different to hit depending on the speed of a vehicle.

That and the cost of said rulebook, if its really expensive I might just not bother it will have to be better than 8th edition Fantasy Battle or GW are in for a poor trading quarter.
    Mr Bunny Knows knows where you live!

The Guild is back and ruder than ever

Adeptus Astronomica

if you dont ill buy it and we can share.....

ALL HAIL THE CUSTARD GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keeper of the Sands
    Blog Entries

At Games Day Australia during the question and answer period they confirmed that 6th Edition is on the way for next year.

Phil Kelley also made an interesting comment, he said that Dark Angels should have been the only chapter with the Landspeeder Tornado and that is was a mistake to give it to the other chapters. He indicated that 'there should be reasons beyond fluff for choosing an army'. Perhaps with a new codex we will see the Dark Angels pushed towards Death Wing and Raven Wing?
    Feel free to contact me, with any questions or concerns, here: tallarn@astronomican.com

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Head Custard Cream

There are other reasons for buying an army, any new codex!

Or one done by Mr Ward, thats sure to get people buying.....

We shall have to wait and see but the price will have to be good. In this age of recession you really cant just keep hyking prices up and lets face it the 40k rulebook is really nothing of the sort,. What is there 40ish real pages of rules and the rest rehashed filler from older editions.

All the pics I have seen before someplace else. If its new material and suitably priced then it will do well. If its the same old cornflakes in a brighter box with a bigger price tag I will switch to shreddies....

Minion yes I know you will buy it and I will just read yours and then decide.
    Mr Bunny Knows knows where you live!

The Guild is back and ruder than ever

Mod Draftee
    Blog Entries

Well, pinch of salt taken. This does put me in a bind though. I have an addiction to starter sets. I already have all the crap dice, templates, and red whippy rulers that I could ever need. What I want is something that is actually good. Something that IS a starter set. At the least I want an HQ and two troops. A vehicle would be nice, but not necessary. I want something that I can pick up and start playing with right away.
    Now, take a deep breath. Repeat after me "This is a miniature wargame forum. This place is only as good as I make it. The decision is mine. It does not control my destiny. It does not effect my paycheck. It does not make my mother love me any less. It is a fun place where I can talk to others that feel the way I do."

Cobblestone Chaos: My mirror Mordheim blog.

Utter Gundam-Nut

If the armys involved are Space Marines, it'll make an ok starter for my Imperial Fist army I kind of maybe want to do.
    If it's Eldar, it'll add to my army.
    If it's Tau, it'll start/add to my army. (I like Broadside and Crisis battle suits :3)
    If it's Imperial Guard, it'll start an army I want to try (I do love me Basilisk tanks)

Anything else, then meh! Though if it's a summer release, I might just get it anyway

Blacksmith
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tallarn View Post
    At Games Day Australia during the question and answer period they confirmed that 6th Edition is on the way for next year.

Phil Kelley also made an interesting comment, he said that Dark Angels should have been the only chapter with the Landspeeder Tornado and that is was a mistake to give it to the other chapters. He indicated that 'there should be reasons beyond fluff for choosing an army'. Perhaps with a new codex we will see the Dark Angels pushed towards Death Wing and Raven Wing?
    probably, i mean its there strongest asset, and given how most armies have gone it would be fitting. Still, no need to waste my money on loyalist starters now unless it comes with something kickass.

Anyways, until i see models or artwork i'm not buying in to this yet. if it is dark angels vs renegades then i'm skipping this box set. 5th had the best starter set anyone could ask for (if you collect xenos and they arn't orks, you've done a wrong.)

-skrall
    Nerd By Design facebook

Moderator, Madman and occasionally i finish a model or two.

Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast