Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Ratman of Maryland

Default Ordo Xenos Inquisitor Henchmen

So Cons linked Hawke over to Master of the Forge, and now after browsing I'm contemplating buying one of his conversions. Namely this Eldar Ranger conversion. Its incredibly subtle, just added a hood to one that didn't have one, but it looks fantasic.

The question is: I'd like to use it for the same reason he was going to, as a henchmen, but unforunatly ... my Inquisitor is Ordo Xenos O.o

Does anyone know of a precedent for the Orod Xenos actually working with Xenos?

Quote Originally Posted by Consadine
    It was Mr. C. with the Screaming Bell in the Buzz Lightyear room!

'French Fry'
    Blog Entries

No... I think that would really be completely over the line. A Rogue Trader might do it, but an Ordo Xenos inquisitor? I don't think so. Eisenhorn, in "Xenos", makes a note about engaging pursuits against a merchant guild because they sell Xeno grain!

Maybe an extremely radical Ordo Xenos inquisitor would do it... "fight the enemy with his own weapons" sorta thing. But it seems extreme.

Sors salutis/ Et virtutis/ Michi nunc contraria
    Est affectus/ Et defectus/ Semper in angaria
    Hac in hora/ Sine mora/ Corde pulsum Tangite
    Quod per sortem/ Sternit fortem/ Mecum omnes plangite!

Master of Links
    Blog Entries

Or it can be a a human with an Eldar gun? The conversion isn't very definitive as to the race of the character.

Navigator

If a Daemonhunter inquisitor can cooperate with a man who literally has a powerful daemon bound inside of him, would it be that farfetched to hire on an Eldar henchman, especially if you were dealing with a lot of Eldar?

The Ratman of Maryland

Quote Originally Posted by VolatilSpam View Post
    If a Daemonhunter inquisitor can cooperate with a man who literally has a powerful daemon bound inside of him, would it be that farfetched to hire on an Eldar henchman, especially if you were dealing with a lot of Eldar?
    Problem is Ordo Xenos method of 'dealing with' Eldar would be to put a bolter round through their head.

I'm liking the idea of it being a human using Eldar tech. Seems spiffy

Quote Originally Posted by Consadine
    It was Mr. C. with the Screaming Bell in the Buzz Lightyear room!

Autarch Speedyrificus
    Blog Entries

Well some ordo xenos inquisitors may they can be just as radical as Ordo Hereticus and Malleus also Inquisitor Ravenor once allied with the Eldar for a while if that means anything

My fiction

Secret war still work in progress

The stories of Alladhiir Alkanthos

The Purity of Purpose

Of A fool Living in the land of Bretonnia

My Youtube channel where I give tips and advice on writing.

Navigator

Yeah. The approved method of dealing with daemons is banishing them to the warp for as many years as you can make it stick, or destroying them utterly if possible. Nonetheless, there are inquisitors running around with daemon weapons and daemonhosts and stuff like that.

'French Fry'
    Blog Entries

They are also running around with the rest of the Inquisition shooting them on sight!

Sors salutis/ Et virtutis/ Michi nunc contraria
    Est affectus/ Et defectus/ Semper in angaria
    Hac in hora/ Sine mora/ Corde pulsum Tangite
    Quod per sortem/ Sternit fortem/ Mecum omnes plangite!

Overseer of Custard Creams
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Farskit View Post
    They are also running around with the rest of the Inquisition shooting them on sight!
    Have you ever read the Radical's Handbook, for Dark Heresy Farskit?

If not, I would reccomend it. Good stuff, regardless.

Now, Radicals are tolerated, actually. It basically says most don't judge because they would be judged right back. It's only really when you step WAY over the safe zone (Daemon Hosts, Daemons Weapons) will you be declared a Traitor and shot on sight. Using Xenos isn't approved of, but not stopped. I mean, if you recall, in the Grey Knights book you can take Daemonhosts, with access to everything but Grey Knights. It states they refuse to fight alongside them. Nothing about them hunting you.

It's always grey - suiting the Inquisition.

Keep in mind, I'm not home and remembering this from memory. If I recall, only one 'Faction' of Radicals are wholly declared Traitors (They used Weapons of the Warp) and the only reason they were? They renounced Faith in the Emperor.

Only the extremely Purtain elemets will go for any Radical. Some have pet hates.
    I'm a number of things - notably the ex-Fiction Moderator and ex-Arena Master. Okay, I was a lot of things. I am also an Outcast God, a Demon in Human Form, the Lieutenant, the Admiral, the Knight of Heart, the Inquisitor, Duke D'nai and Dan (or so the voices say in my head). Feel free to contact me if you've an issue!

"Brothers! Strike Your Name In The Ballad! For Khan and for the Emperor!"

Back... Hopefully. Then again - how often do I say that?

Overlord Cydonia

Having a Ranger henchmen isn't over the line in my opinion, but it is very close to it. You could be declared a traitor for simply noting how it was superior to a human acolyte. Discretion is the best route though, you'd be very hard pressed to find a merchant vessel to transport your retinue so you'd need your own, permanent transportation. The main thing to remember is that the 40k Galaxy is a huge place, anything can happen. And with the warp, it usually does.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast