PDA

View Full Version : Dim's Log

The Dim Reaper
01-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Brrr its getting cold guys better put another log on the fire ;)

So this is where I’ll be posting my WIPs and finished minis for Silver and FH’s Tale of 8 Gamers along with any and all fluff, battle reports and general madcap ramblings that I consider worthy to put on this log. 

Right, so some of you may have noticed that I don’t post much on the hobby side of things. I comment on other people’s work and give out ideas etc but you never really see me making or painting anything. That’s because my excursions into the hobby have been fairly minimal, although I suppose I’ve been in this hobby since I was about 6-7 I’ve never really done anything always content with reading the fluff and looking at the ‘Eavy Metal standard armies and wishing I owned them.

I gave a decent attempt at collecting SMs when I was 16 with a custom chapter called The Storm Reavers who were essentially meant to be a hybrid geneseed between The Blood Ravens and The White Scars.
Then about a year back I tried Chaos Space Marines with a Slaaneshi warband called The Seraph Legion but their colour scheme was fairly brutal, Chaos Black and Ice Blue that was based on an old hoodie I owned.
Both failed spectacularly to reach 1000pts despite my best intentions so I’ve kind of given up on playing till now so this would make me to all intents and purposes a big NOOB! So I really have no idea how this is all going to pan out for me.

This time round I’ll be going for a Rogue Daemonhunters list with inducted Guard as well, being rogue means I won’t be able to use any Grey Knights as part of my force but why would I want to use those namby pamby Emperor botherers anyway when I can control the stuff of Chaos itself and use it to save mankind? Mwahahahaha…Ahem, I’m getting ahead of myself again.
Basically I’m using To8G to keep me motivated and to do a little every night in order to reach my deadlines. Basically I want to be able to finish my model quota for the month in the first half so I can then dedicate the rest to writing fluff or adding finishing touches to the various models.

Anyway onto this first month. My first purchases will be 2 boxes of Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (Kasrkin) and two blisters of Kasrkin Special Weapons troops as well. I’ll be painting them the classic Inquisition colours, black armour and red fatigues. Since I’ve already bought 1 box of Kasrkin so far I really need to get out to the shops tomorrow and buy the rest along with some foundation black. I’ve been working on a test mini all morning (he’s about half finished at this stage :s) and the way the undercoat keeps flaking off is driving me up the wall so I’ve decided to get some Badab Black to cover any unwanted shiny metal parts that may protrude through my painting sessions, for example the boots are the worst for this.

On a final note because I’m using all metal minis this month this seriously limits my ability to do any converting whatsoever with my guys. Oh well, ho hum looks like I’ll have to makeup for it next month with my inquisitor….

I’ll post again when the test mini is finished.

Thanks for stopping by.

Cheers,

Dim

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
01-01-2009, 04:37 PM
I await images mate, I'm way ahead! (just about to spray paint myself! :D)

But yes, interesting.

Kishvier
03-01-2009, 12:53 AM
Sounds good, good luck Dim, you'll stay ahead of me since spray primer around here doesn't seem to work...

The Commodore
03-01-2009, 01:44 PM
I think I may just watch this very closely.

Nomad
05-01-2009, 06:13 AM
I await images mate, I'm way ahead! (just about to spray paint myself! :D)

But yes, interesting.

Why on earth would you spray paint yourself? Have you run out of models already? :D:eek:

As an incentive Dim, I'll rep you for each and every finished unit requirement you post! Good luck, and have fun.

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
05-01-2009, 12:26 PM
No I was implying that I was about to go outside and spraypaint. Silly old veteran. Pish tush...

The Commodore
05-01-2009, 01:12 PM
No I was implying that I was about to go outside and spraypaint. Silly old veteran. Pish tush...
Awwww come on matey..., he just made a funny. :p

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
05-01-2009, 01:14 PM
I never said he didn't... :(

Regardless, banter was what I was implying.

The Commodore
05-01-2009, 01:16 PM
I never said he didn't... :(

Regardless, banter was what I was implying.

Little precious today, aren't we chap :D.

So Dim any ideas on an army list yet??

LAZtheinfamous
09-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Eh, this came a little late, but I'm going to subscribe here. And all the rest.

The Dim Reaper
09-01-2009, 02:19 PM
Hey guys, just a little update, my memory card for the camer is currently in my laptop which is in Uni so I'm trying to get out there at some stage in order to reclaim it.

The Kasrkin are coming along well, both squads have been basecoated and just need the fine details to finish them up. Since they're all metal I have been thus far unable to convert them much but I shall keep at it and maybe post up some fiction in order to counterbalance this loss of points. Ah well such is the price of the Inquisition :p

Cheers,

Dim

EDIT: Army list is here (http://www.astronomican.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9240&highlight=rogue+daemonhunters&page=2) Commodore but you've already commented :D

The Commodore
10-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Yeah I found it after I posted.

My bad..., sorry. :o