PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt Chaos Army

Snoza
21-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Hey Guys this the Army list i plan to use at a Tournament in Janurary,

Heroes:

Exalted Champion (265pts) (General)
Axe of Khorne, Favor of the Gods, Distendable Maw, Mark of Khorne, Juggernaut of Khorne

Chaos Sorcerer 85pts (195pts)
Lvl 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Blood of Tzeentch

Chaos Sorcerer (215pts)
Lvl 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Conjured Homunculus, 2 Dispel Scroll

Core:

12 Chaos Warriors - (262pts)
Musician, Champion, Standard Bearer, Blasted Standard, Shields

12 Chaos Warriors - (222pts)
Musician, Champion, Standard Bearer, Shields

10 Warhounds 60

16 Marauders (216pts)
Shields, Light Armour, Standard Bearer, Champion, Musician

Special Unit:

5 Knights of Chaos (250pts)
Musician, Champion, Standard Bearer,

Rare:

Chaos Warshrine 130pts

2 Spawn Mark of Khorne (130pts)
Total = 1925pt

please let me know what you think, i want to add a Dragon Ogre Shaggoth, but i dont know what to take out for it,i require around 265 for the Shaggoth.

Snoza

Killer
21-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Cool! Not a bad list!

A few things though... Just check the Exh. Hero's "distendable maw" gift- if I remember correctly it costs 40pts and the Hero may only take 25pts of gifts... If im right don't give him another gift- save the points for the Shaggoth. (hell, do it anyway...)

Don't you want to give the warriors marks? A unit of Nurgle is awayls tough to take out by any means! It gives them a lot more staying power! (same goes for the Knights)

I would rather give the blasted banner to the Knights- it protects your more valuable assets better!

This is just a personal thing but I prefer playing the marauders with no armour, but rather buy more of them with the points... Think about it...

If you have to play warhounds in this army rather play them 2 units of 6 or drop them if you need the points...

OK, to sum it up if
1) you drop the general's mark,
2) Give your warrior and knight squads the mark of Nurgle,
3)you take away the marauders' armour and shields and make them a squad of 21 and give them the mark of Nurgle
4)give your knights the blasted banner,

you should have roughly 200pts open! If you drop the warshrine (which I would) you would have about 330pts to spare!
I would put in the Shaggoth and mabe more MSU squads of warhounds or even another squad marauders!

If the above sounded as confusing to you as it did to me, just ask and I will elaborate to the best of my abillty!

P.S. These are just a few things that I found that works in my army. I hope it helps!

Good Hunting!...

Snoza
21-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Killer, I took your Suggestions in to account and this is what i came up with:

This is a modified version of the Above Army List:

Heroes:

Exalted Champion – (175pts) (General)
Axe of Khorne, Favor of the Gods, Acid Ichor

Chaos Sorcerer – 85pts (195pts)
Lvl 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Blood of Tzeentch

Chaos Sorcerer – (215pts)
Lvl 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Conjured Homunculus, 2 Dispel Scroll

Core:

12 Chaos Warriors - (252pts)
Musician, Champion, Standard Bearer, Shields Mark of Nurgle

Musician, Champion, Standard Bearer, Shields, Mark of Nurgle

5 Warhounds 30

16 Marauders –(184pts)
Standard Bearer, Champion, Musician

Special Unit:

5 Knights of Chaos – (320pts)
Musician, Champion, Standard Bearer, Blasted Standard, Mark of Nurgle

Rare:

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth – (265pts)
2 Spawn – (110pts)
Total = 1998pt

is that looking better, but i just thought i might want to add in some Marauder Horsemen Cause well i like the new Models for them :D

Killer
21-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Yeah,the new horsemen models are cool, but then again- ALL the models are cool!!!! :D

Anyway, the first list was cool, BUT THIS ONE.... I'd much rather face the first list!!!

Is there no way to put your 3 characters on steeds? the extra +2 AS helps alot! (and 3 little horsie attacks:D)
If you take out the acid icor(its cool, but he only has 2 wounds- give him thhe higher AS and he's less likely to take wounds anyway) and you drop the warhounds you will have more than enough pts to do so.... But thats just a personal thing...

Also, have you considered the Chaos runesword instead of the Axe of Khorne? Its not necceseraly better, its just something you should playtest and see what you like best...

But again- I REALLY like this list! I think i might adopt a few things into my list.........

Snoza
22-12-2008, 10:52 AM
May i ask what is better about the First List to the other list? and i will try out the Chaos Runesword and giving Steeds to the Characters as well.

Snoza

Nomad
22-12-2008, 10:56 AM
I can't really comment except to say Good Luck at Can Con!!!

NP FTW!

Killer
22-12-2008, 11:47 AM
No, no, what I meant to say was that the first list was not bad, but the 2nd one is much scarier ('tis a good thing)!

Hence I would rather face the first list, 'cause the 2nd one is so scary... :D

Snoza
22-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Ah :P, i just thought of somthing, i need to play test, i will try with dropping the Hounds, and giving the General and the Sorcerer with the Third Eye of Tzeentch on Steeds and keep other one on foot. what do you think?

Snoza

Killer
23-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Sounds ok, but why would you give the exhalted champ the 3rd eye? He needs to be a sorcerer to cast spells...

Killer
23-12-2008, 09:49 AM
in which unit are you going to deploy the exhalted champ?

Snoza
23-12-2008, 10:26 AM
The General was never going to get the Third eye, i think i may have miss typed. i will be putting the General in the Unit of Knights :P makes it look all the more cooler :D

Snoza

Killer
23-12-2008, 05:34 PM
I also deploy my general in the knight squad that has the mark of Nurgle. It gives him a bit more protection vs shooting.

Its almost like getting two marks for the price of one! :D

leeoaks
29-12-2008, 11:08 AM
i think you need more models you have the 3 main units that come in at 824pts and there are only 29 models. i think you need marauders on foot and on horse to give you more flexibility on the board. i'm not sure i'd bother with the zeech mages.

which phases are you looking to dominate?

also look at the current tourney list do you think you'll stand up to a gunline or extremely mobile list? or even the skaven shooty magic list?

it also depends on your veiw on gaming? are you going to try and max your list to win or do you want something themed.

Snoza
07-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Leeoaks: i know that there isnt that many models which is ok, and the reason for the zeentch mages is because they get a nice little bonus for being Tzeentchso they get slightly closer to being HE Mages in a bizarre Sense, also with my Force it is based around a Champion and his warband which i am still writing the story behind it, and depending on what happens at this Tourney depends on how the Story Evolves, and i dont like to play just to win, i play for fun, so i try not to build an Army just for winning, hense the story behind my Army. so i would say themed.

I was just wondering if i should give my General a mark or not. cause i need to hand in my Army list really soon, and i need to finalise it.

Snoza

Snoza
07-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Ok well i know i just posted, but this is the Most Up to date version of the List that i would like a check over:

Heroes:

Exalted Champion – (230pts) (General)
Chaos Runesword,, Daemonic Mount, Shield, Mark of Tzeentch

Chaos Sorcerer – (211pts)
Lvl 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Blood of Tzeentch, Chaos Steed (barded)

Chaos Sorcerer – (215pts)
Lvl 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Conjured Homunculus, 2 Dispel Scroll,

Core:

15 Marauders –(180pts)
Standard Bearer, Champion, Musician

Special Unit:

5 Knights of Chaos – (320pts)

Rare:

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth – (265pts)
Spawn – (55pts)
Total = 1995pt

Please let me know what you think.

Snoza

leeoaks
07-01-2009, 10:47 PM
how does the shaggoth fit your theme? if its themed then give him the mark.

ItemfinderDeluxe
08-01-2009, 02:54 AM
Solid work on the list, with good, hard hitting units all over the place. Your list could use a little tweaking and correcting though:

1. Your second Chaos Sorcerer cannot have 2 Dispel Scrolls and a Spell Famailar (Both being Magic items, thus exceeding his allowable limit). Drop the Familiar and save the points.

2. You could use those points to tool up your Lord with a Whip of Subversion, The Bronze Armour of Thrakk, and Collar of Khorne. You know without a Ward Save someone's going to try and put a cannonball or rock on top of your Lord's head , and the Knights can only cover him so much (even with the standard. This way, he and his unit get some solid protection behind them. Sure you lose the benefits of the Runesword, but this might work out pretty well. Give it a thought.

3. Alternatively, you could channel those points into a mark of Slaanesh for the Marauders, and charge them into something you might need to hold up for a turn or two.

Snoza
08-01-2009, 06:16 AM
IFD: Whoops i wasnt paying attendtion to the Dispel Scrolls :( my bad. So i will drop the Familar, my General is a hero, not a Lord, and i know i really should give him a Ward Save, but, +1 Attack, +1 WS, + Strength, is something i really like, so i will keep the Runesword but change his Mark to Tzeentch, for a 6+ Ward Save.

Leeoaks: The Shaggoth Fits the Theme, for a Vengful path of Destruction against all the Races of the Old World, Especially the men of the Empire. and i plan like Shaggoths,

Well other then those few Fixes it looks like that is going to be my list for Cancon. Thanks for all the help :D.

Snoza

Killer
15-01-2009, 02:16 PM
This looks like a solid list! I like it!

I agree with you on the Shaggoth issue- He's not the best rare choice (by far), but he's just so damn cool! :D

I like the theme aswell! Let me know what the story is and how it turnes out!

Good Hunting!

Snoza
16-01-2009, 11:44 AM
ok well i got the Army List Back because well, i didnt have enough Points, i miss Calculated on the points, so here is the one i will be submitting:

Lord:

Chaos Lord (370pts) (General)
Chaos Runesword, Crimson Armour of Dargan, Daemonic Mount, Mark of Tzeentch, Shield

Heroes:

Chaos Sorcerer (185pts)
Lvl 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Spell Familar, Blood of Tzeentch,

Chaos Sorcerer (210pts)
Lvl 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Conjured Homunculus, 2 Dispel Scroll,

Core:

11 Chaos Warriors - (236pts)

11 Chaos Warriors - (236pts)

15 Marauders (105pts)
Standard Bearer, Champion, Musician, Shields Mark of Slaanesh

5 Warhounds (35pts)
Scaly Skin

5 Warhounds (35pts)
Scaly Skin

Special Unit:

5 Knights of Chaos (320pts)

Rare:

Dragon Ogre Shaggoth (265pts)

Total = 1997pt

The Reason for the Scaly Skin on the Hounds was because i was 11 points short, and i thought why not give them a small save :P

Please let me know what you think.

Snoza

Killer
19-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Cool! Much different to my own list, but I think it should work!

Now you just better hope you appease the Dice Gods 'cause if you don't , well, let's just say I found out the hard way to stay on their good side! :D

One thing though (I don't have the armybook in front of me so I'm not sure about the points cost) , but if you want to go
the Tzeentch route, don't you think it would be better to give the Exhlt Champ the Armour of Morslieb? 3+ Ward Save vs
non-magical AND 6+ vs magical is'nt too shabby... Nway its not neccesarily a better choice, just a point to ponder on.

Good luck at Cancon! It sounds awsome! Very much like our anual ICON here in SA...

(BTW, been meaning to ask you... you a cricket fan?)

Snoza
19-01-2009, 11:18 AM
thanks for the tips Killer, i will have to ponder on them,

well im not really a massive cricket fan, i more enjoy watching the beach cricket, but when its on i might watch some it for a while.

Snoza

Killer
19-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Ah, ok then, probably no point in discussing the epic series between SA and the Aussies then... :D

Happy hunting!