PDA

View Full Version : Skaven Pestilens 2250 army!

Hurtinator
09-12-2008, 05:22 PM
hey guys, I'm putting together a Clan Pestilens army list using the list in the back of the skaven army book, I've also included the cauldron of 1000 poxes and Plague pontifex Quetch as my lord choice (check out the rules section on the forum to see what I've come up with for him.)

this is in no way official or GW tournament usable to my knowledge, but it's a fair list and a ton of fun to play a friendly game with!! *it's also tough as nails.

lord: total(550pts)
-Plague pontifex quetch
-Cauldren of 1000 poxes

heroes: total(401pts)
-Festering chanter (battle standard- Umbranner, plague censer)
-Plague Priest (additional hand weapons, heavy armor, the gouger)
-Plague Priest (plague censer, heavy armor, twisted crown of the horned rat)

core: total(905pts)
2 x 35 plague monks (full command, additional hand weapons.)
1 x 20 plague monks (full command, additional hand weapons.banner of four black winds)*this unit contains the Cauldron of 1000 poxes.
2 x 20 slaves

special: total(340pts)
2 x 10 Plague censer bearers

it's played in a much much different method then the normal horde of skaven is, but it can be downright devistating, ESPECIALLY if the plague spells start rolling out through your enemy troop lines just as your charges hit.

Carrelio
10-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Very nice plague themed list, effective and plagued. Good call on the slaves, you'll need some cannon fodder what with the all plague monk core you've got going on (not to mention something to hold your frenzied vermine in check). May I sujest plague rats? They really are an excellent addition to any skaven army and I believe they would be very effective and well suited for your list.

Hurtinator
11-12-2008, 03:55 AM
hey! thanks for the CC, I was wanting to take plague rats but from what I've read here and on librarium-online I gathered rat swarms wheren't really worth the points.

leeoaks
14-12-2008, 09:57 AM
they arent really worth there points. i am in the middle of making my plague list are you using th rules from lustria?