PDA

View Full Version : veteran sergeants/honour gaurd

grinkohof
13-06-2006, 03:07 AM
hey, i was going to buy a blister of some honour gaurd on sunday only to realise when i got to the shop that they don\'t come in blisters...i was going to use them as either veteran sergeants or honour gaurd in tactical units depending on what type of battle i was having. any way, i had to pick something else to fulfill my needs so i got black templars sword brethern instead...*drools*...they are such cool models...some people will be angry at me but i was going to paint them ultra marine, while still leaving the black templar symbols on them to be merits of their victories in battles or whatever. i was also going to cut off thier chain swords and replace them with power weapons. these are just the ramblings and plans of a madman that i thought i would share with you people here on astro, any comments you may have are welcome.

Gaius Julius
13-06-2006, 03:21 AM
Good idea. Although the sword brethren models don\'t even touch the surface of the honour guard, but they\'re still some of the nicest in the range! Couldn\'t you use g/s or somehthing to cover over the markings?

GJ

grinkohof
13-06-2006, 03:24 AM
i was going to file them down but i don\'t think i\'ll bother, i like the markings, and they could also be awards for battle and stuff! what do you think?

mark
13-06-2006, 02:48 PM
i have to agrre the honar guard are a lot better but it would be cool to see the SB in ultra marines colours, you could keep some lttle BT icons but i would get rid of the big icons and replace them with U\'s

Post edited by: mark, at: 2006/06/13 15:49

Indra
14-06-2006, 03:40 AM
do it and give us a few pics!

:blink:

DavicusPrime
15-06-2006, 02:32 AM
Not having seen the SB up close, I would suggest filing off the Templar symbols to help unify the army. If doing so is going to be more effort than it\'s worth, go a head and disguise it during painting.

Just make sure it isn\'t obvious. Colors alone are fine from a distance but if there isn\'t an upside down omega on the marine, it\'s a sad day for the chapter. :P

-DavicusPrime