PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf 1,200 point

dsjtheman5452
26-11-2008, 02:11 AM
I am playing a 1,200 point game tomorrow night and it's going to be a four way battle. The other three armies are Vampire Count, Orcs & Goblins, and Dwarfs. Here is my list I am taking.

20 Warriors (Full Command)
18 Corsairs (6x3, Full Command with Sea Serpent Magic Standard)
10 Crossbowmen (1 rank, no command)

1 Reaper Bolt Thrower

1 Cold One Chariot
10 Black Guard (Full Command with Standard of Slaughter & Sword of Battle)
10 Executioners (Full Command)

1 Lvl2 Sorceress (Tome of Furion and Focus Familiar .....just a friendly game and we all agreed two arcane items is alright for tomorrow)

I will be attaching my sorceress to a unit most likely but not sure which one yet. I was going to take an extra sorceress but I decided to use the points on other stuff. Since I will have three armies to deal with I left out my Cold One Knights. I thought that I might could go without my bolt thrower and crossbowmen in exchange for my 5 Cold One Knights that I have and still have 25pts. left to spare on a magic item still, but I do not know what to expect tomorrow so I am torn between more models with the 10 crossbowmen and the Bolt Thrower, or the CoK's.

So, any comments on this list for tomorrow and weather or not I should take my Cold One Knights instead of my bolt thrower & crossbowmen or not. Thanks! :o

Marticus
26-11-2008, 09:39 AM
sounds a good list my man, hope it works out well for you. i can tell you what i take in a 1200 point list if thats any good to you see what you think of it....

master with heavy armour sea dragon cloak and shield
19 spears
20 witch elves
5 cold ones
10 crossbowman no command
1 bolt thrower
lv2 sorceress
10 crossbowman no command
1 bolt thrower

or scrap the last 2 items for another block of spearman. although in a multi army game firepower is good you can just sit back and whittle them down. let me know how it goes.... and good luck! glory to the druchii!!!

Rabidnid
01-12-2008, 09:03 AM
DE are a mobility army so I would look at adding some harpies to the list and maybe a second sorc in place of one of those blocks of infantry

I love my RXB and CoK so tend to run them rather than Corsairs and spears. Basically the DE have such good shooting that it is a shame not to use it, and lots of mobile units means that you don't need to worry so much aout being dragged out of possition by hatred.

Command is wasted on the exes, just run the 7 by them selves, likewise you can drop the corsairs to about 12 and take out the banner. With the points you save you can add the CoKs in at around 150 points.