PDA

View Full Version : how to make a wood elf army

suicidal0
20-11-2008, 09:57 PM
the problem is, i decided to start a new army and chose wood elves but what should i use?

the budget is: several xmas presents, tips please:)

and then there was me....
20-11-2008, 11:36 PM
the battelion is great to start out with(its what i used)and forms a great base any wood elf army
also playing a few practice games helped me to figure out how to use the units.
another thing that really helped me was reading the tactica articles on the UK GW website from
there i counted up a army list and played a lot of practice games useing my eternal guard to engage
while my wardances, warhawks and dryads to flank and strike at the enemy's rear and flanks out
numbering them and trapping them.While doing this i would use my shooting units to keep the other
player's units off of the main combat. thats all i have to say and i hope it helps.

mastershaper
23-11-2008, 08:22 AM
how are you thinking of playing?

casual with ypur mates for a laugh or an army that can cope with any sought of circumstance

suicidal0
27-11-2008, 03:18 PM
i was planning on using mainly archers then something fast and plenty of flankers or units to push the enemy towards the archers instead then eternal guard to keep the archers out of combat unless they're out of shoot range but in range to assault someone allready in combat

Flailing-Axes
27-11-2008, 04:58 PM
I did once do a similar army list, quite a while back now though.

I think the best thing to do with any WE list is to take full advantage of your movement, it's an incredibly important aspect. Trees pose no problem, and you can move without any penalty to your shooting, make the most of it.

Glade Riders and Warhawk Riders do this nicely, with very high movement, and you can move 18/20" without affecting your shooting.

Waywatchers are also great, amazing BS and killing blow at short range, works wonders for taking out panther characters and warmcahine crew, and generally annoying your enemy.

They're the things I'd sugest for that type of army, if you want some more combat than just all out shooting then swap the warhawks for wild riders ad add a few units of eternal guard, 7 wide frontage for maximum attacks.

I won't say anything more, or it wouldn't be your army list, but I hope what I have said helps you.

Starky
27-11-2008, 05:17 PM
i agree that the battalion is a great place to start, it's how i started then get this guy (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1300357&prodId=prod800855) he look the best out of all the lords. I also suggest a unit of wild riders, they are my favourite unit in the army and my unit of 10 with a lord on great stag has won me many a game. finally a nice big unit of wardancers are great, their wardances of loec and talismanic tattoos (Magic resistance 1) make them a really strong choice to ambush opponents out from woods. just remeber that the WE are the most manouverable army in the game and don't be affraid to take advantage of this. if yo want some units good in combat then look no further than all of the tree spirits, they can all tear most basci troops apart in combat and as you get some dryads in the battalion i would also go for some tree kin as they are merciless in combat, adding some real balance to your army.
Hope this helps.

Starky
P.S.
More glade guard boxes are always good as they should form the backbone of your army.