PDA

View Full Version : tomb King Army List

beergod
20-11-2008, 05:12 PM
As I am working on a Tomb Kings Army, (My first non-chaos) I thought I would get some oppions on my list that I am building 2000 pts

Here it is...
L- Tomb King- 170 (General)
Destroyer of Eternities +70
Collar of Shapesh + 25
Light Arm + 3
Total - 268

H-Liche Priest- 115
Dispel Scroll+25
Cloak of Dunes +20
Total- 160

H- Liche Priest- 115
Staff of Ravening + 45
Skeletal Steed + 16
Total- 168

H- Liche Priest-115 (heirophant)
Dispel Scroll + 25
Enkhil"s Kanopi + 20
Total -160

C- 3x Chariots- 120
Standard + 20
Champion + 20
Total - 160

C- 3x Chariots - 120
Standard + 20
Total- 140

C- 30x Skeleton Warriors- 240
Bows & Hand Weapons + 0
Standard +10
Champion + 10
Total- 260

S- 19x Tomb Guard-228
Champion + 12
Standard + 12
Banner of the Undying Legion + 25
Total- 227

S- 4x carrion- 96
Total- 96

S- Tomb Scorpion- 85
Total- 85

R- Screaming Skull Catapult -90
Skulls of the Foe+ 20
Total- 110

R- Screaming Skull Catapult-90
Skulls of the Foe + 20
Total- 110

Killer
21-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Wow! I like it! It's much different from any TK's list I've ever made, but I think you did quite well with your 2000 pts!

I'd like to know more or less what your strategy is with this list before I make some suggestions.

Oh yeah- Welcome to Astro! :D Stay long and post often, as they say here...

Good hunting!

Cheers.

Ghostmaker
22-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Looks like a fun army to play.

Marticus
22-11-2008, 11:55 AM
i love chariots in my army!, and ushabti, and a bone giant :) havent used the catapults though...

beergod
22-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Wow! I like it! It's much different from any TK's list I've ever made, but I think you did quite well with your 2000 pts!

I'd like to know more or less what your strategy is with this list before I make some suggestions.

Strategy-

Set up the 30 Skeleton Warriors in 2 to three lines depending on terrain as a shield for the whole army. when the enemy gets close reform into a block, making them an anvil

at that point move up the Tomb guard to act as a second anvil, with the Tomb king using the Collar of Shapesh to dump hits onto the Tomb Guard and the Banner of the Undying Legion to heal the unit right back.

Use the Carrion and the Liche Priest with the cloak of Dunes as a either a war machine killer (Fly 20, inches then using movement incantation to charge (40 inches total movement) or as march blockers to get more shots in.

Set up the Chariots on the flanks to counter-charge the flanks of the enemy

use the Tomb Scorpion, set up below, to go character/WM hunting or march blocking

The Two Catapults rain fire (and Skulls) 2 per turn while the Carrion and the scorpion keep the faster moving enemy units bogged down.

Killer
22-11-2008, 07:10 PM
Ok, well here we go...

The King looks cool! I like it!

I would rather take something else instead of the kanopi...

Well there's not much more I can say at this point- I like the list, but like I said- its very different from the lists I usually play...

I would love to hear a battle report on this list! When are you playing again?

beergod
23-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Ok, well here we go...

I would love to hear a battle report on this list! When are you playing again?

Not for a while, I am still buying/painting all the models, I am about half way done. I need a Catapult, 10 tomb guard, the scorpion and the carrion. yet

Jasfmpgh
23-11-2008, 04:41 PM
I'd say drop the Kanopi and take Hieratic jar instead.. gotta get that last minute spell off when you really need it. I'd also give the banner of undying legion to the skeletons and give the Icon of Rakaph to the tomb guard (Its awesome.. trust me.)

Maybe switch the carrion for another tomb scorp. (I know your planning on a first turn charge, but the scorp is more realiable and you don't need to risk a lich priest to do it.)

You also might want to think about where your lich priests are going to hide.

Looks like a pretty good force though, lots of shooting and still some fighting.

(If you want we can always use my skeletons/proxies if you wanna try it out some before you go buying a ton of stuff.)

beergod
24-11-2008, 05:13 PM
I have the Skeletons, need the tomb guard, Carrion, catapult and rest of tomb guard

frozenqwerty
29-12-2008, 10:03 PM
hey, im looking for help on how to expand my TK army list.....I've got all the core units so far, about 1000pts and i just don't kno what to get next!

any suggestions?