PDA

View Full Version : Rogal dorns big project

mark
09-06-2006, 02:24 AM
ive suddenly want to make a rogal dorn mini, i know this will probably be a big project and pobably be a long time till i start it. but i have know idea were to start any one got any surgestions like what he looks like what weapons he would have or any companent ideas

Skrall
09-06-2006, 02:57 AM
How about Dorn\'s hammer?

I\'m doing horus, u\'ve got it bloody easy mate

Lupercal

mark
09-06-2006, 04:26 PM
yea i was thinking last night i deciedid probably power armour and i have 3 weapon choices ; iver sword (emps champ sword) shield (lsyanders shield), combi flamer (cuase i fist are raely anti heritic) and power fist (i fist refrence again) or a pair of lightning claws (cuase i like them)

however i might go for the shield but have a hammer instead of sword but ill scratch build since hell look to much like lsyander with the new plastic hammer, but i also really like the combi flamerand fist so i might put magnets in his desghin so i can change the arms. i decid to scrape the claws, doesnt really suit his idea much.

for his armour i might bulk out his armour using plasti card and green stuff.

the overall theme i wanna stick with is medival knight kinda of thing.

does any one else have any surgestions ?

Hawke cheack out the horus mini in the old SM codex it looks pritty cool

Indra
10-06-2006, 05:27 AM
One thing. Remember that he is a primarch. He should be bigger than a normal marine, to resemble that fact. Not necessarily fluffy, but for a main model, a small increase in size will make all the difference.

I\'ll post if I think of more!

Skrall
10-06-2006, 04:08 PM
For a base i suggest the Inquisitor scale death watch marine. its a good place for you to start from. I\'ve gone for the daemon prince, but i\'m doing Horus so.
Its got a sword, however for the hammer or orther weapon u\'d need to change thise. remember green stuff is your friend.

Lupercal

mark
10-06-2006, 06:15 PM
Guardsman Hawke wrote:

For a base i suggest the Inquisitor scale death watch marine. its a good place for you to start from. I\'ve gone for the daemon prince, but i\'m doing Horus so.
Its got a sword, however for the hammer or orther weapon u\'d need to change thise. remember green stuff is your friend.

Lupercal

i was thinking this but then ive never worked with an inquester modol (well ive never seen one in life let alone worked on one)

im gonna boost your karma indra for your yellow painting guide since ill be probably useing it. and im gonna try and make it bigger with plasti card and green stuff

did you look at the horus mini in the old codex hawke ?

Post edited by: mark, at: 2006/06/10 19:15

Skrall
10-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Yeah, but i\'m going for the art work i\'ve got on my wall (the modern WD300 poster). I\'d suggest following the knight theme for dorn, but inquistor scale isn\'t hard its like a big easy to use 40k model, and its to scale for a \'march. either that or go for a daemon prince but thats a lot of work for a loyalist (or even green stuffing it into termie armour for my horus).

I\'d advise the hammer and sheild for the knight ideal, and for the face the model inquisitor scale is already perfect (atleast in my mind)

Lupercal

mark
10-06-2006, 08:32 PM
but then ill have to buy all new componatnts as well but if i uses normai scale ill have most bits already

Skrall
11-06-2006, 12:09 AM
U\'ve got a hell of a challange on normal scale. the average primarch stands between 13-14ft in heigh. a marine stands a 7 and terminats at 8. hence the problem with a small dorn,

Soz, but i\'m a stickler for fluff

Lupercal