PDA

View Full Version : Chaos Army List

Snoza
09-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Hey guys, with the release of the New Warriors of Chaos Army List, which i have beening waiting for, for a good while, here is my List,of my Army at the moment.

Lords:

Archaon – 685pts

Daemon Prince – 400pts
Mantle of Chaos, Fury of the Blood God,

Heroes:

Chaos Sorcerer – 195pts
Lvl 2, Mark of Tzeentch, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Blood of Tzeentch

Exalted Champion –300pts
Mark of Khorne, Chariot of Chaos, Axe of Khorne, Shield, Favor of the Gods, Bloodcurdling Roar

Exalted Champion – 175pts
Filthy Mace, The Bronze Armour of Zhrakk, Acid Ichor

Core:

12 Chaos Warriors- 262pts
Musician, Champion, Standard Bearer, Blasted Standard
Shields

12 Chaos Warriors- 262pts
Musician, Champion, Standard Bearer, Banner of Wrath
Shields

16 Marauders – 216pts
Shields, Light Armours, Standard Bearer, Champion, Musician

Special Unit:

12 Chosen – 308pts
Mark of Khorne, Additional Hand Weapons, Musician, Standard Bearer, Champion.

5 Knights of Chaos (Swords of Chaos) – 250pts
Musician, Champion, Standard Bearer,

Rare:

Chaos Warshrine 130pts

2 Spawn – 1 with Mark of Khorne 130pts
Total = 3313pts

Please let me know what you think, and i will be expanding this force, with another 2000pts worth of mounted troops.

Snoza

Guzzlrr
09-11-2008, 10:02 PM
i dont know alot about the new army but id drop the deamon prince or a champion for a sorcerer the sorcerer can supply some much needed long range fire, but thats just me.

hope this helps, gonna buy the codex tomorrow i think so i post up when ive had a good read!!

GuZZ

Killer
14-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Well, That's gonna be one Hellofan army!

Anyway, here's what I think so far...

1. I would drop the Daemon Prince for a Sorcerer Lord of Tzeentch or Nurgle with some fighting gear, maybe even with a Dragon if you want the whole mobile Terror mobile thing...

2. I would drop the 2nd Exhalted Champ for a Sorcerer of Nurgle with 2x Dispell Scrolls- at 3000/5000 to 6000 pts you are going to run into some serious offensive magic and you'll need the defence! Your troops are capable in CC enough and the Sorcerer isn't bad himself...

3. Your troops seems fine so far, but don't you want to give them marks perhaps? Oh yeah, I don't have the book handy, but I think Chosen Warriors are still Core, but just double check that...

4. Give the Blasted Standard to your Chosen- They are worth a lot more pts than your normal warriors and they'll take a hell of a pounding in the Shooting phase!

5. I found that giving LA and Shields to the Marauders is a little bit useless. well, not completely, I know, but they're a alaot better with only Great Weapons. You can use the pts you save on Shields to put in a few more models. IOW a unit of 25 Marauders with WS4, S5 is a lot more usefull than 20 Marauders with S3. Add the mark of Khorne or Slaanesh and you've got yourself quite a steamroller.

6. I'd scrape away 25pts somewhere and make the Exhalted champ a Battle Standard Bearer. It's quite useful to reroll your panic AND break tests!

7. I know that Acheon is one mean son of a devil, but I always prefer to build my own characters. It's just so much more satifying to slay my enemies wiith a creation of my own , than a uber "Im-so-cool-I-defy -the-rules-dude" that someone else dreamed up... And you can use the pts you spare on him to add some other cool stuff (like my suggestions above for instance... :D :P )

8. I'd scratch the spawn- they're just too unreliable for me. Too random. BTW, I think they're only + - 60pts, but again just double check!

SO... it is very important to read this in the manner it was written- Toungue in the cheek. Also this is only my opinion and it depends on what your intended tactics are. Otherwise I think its not too bad for a first draft, so keep at it and keep us updated!

Happy hunting!
Cheers.

Snoza
19-11-2008, 08:55 AM
Thanks Killer, here is what i am going to do:

1. I am dropping the Prince
2. i am adding another Sorcerer with the Mark of Nurgle
3. Chosen are Special Choices
4. yeah i will do that with the Blasted Standard
5. The Marauders are mainly for Cannon fodder for my main force and with the LA, they last longer.
6. i am thinking of adding a BSB.
7. i have made my own super character, but if i use him then my Mates, think that they have to have a super Character as well and they dont know where to stop for a balanced character.
8. the Spawn are now 55pts, and they are also great Cannon Fodder.

Thanks,

Snoza

Your Conscience
19-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Dont take the mark of khorne then on the psawn because the mark of Khorne seems like a lotif it is makeing the spawn bost more than double its points! If a stadard spawn is 55 and then after that it is costign 130! I thik something is wrong with your maths on tat

Killer
19-11-2008, 11:05 PM
You can take 2 spawns for 1 rare choice, but you still have to pay for both- I think that he took 2, but forgot to mention it... Oops...

Snoza
19-11-2008, 11:07 PM
My Apologises, i meant to write 2 Spawn, one with the Mark of Khorne, sorry for the little confusion.

Snoza

Your Conscience
20-11-2008, 10:00 AM
There isnt any point justtaking one mark because that means tat one of them will be lef behind so try another mark or drop the mark and get something else wth the points

Snoza
20-11-2008, 10:07 AM
i was thinking about giving the other one, the Mark of Nurgle.

Snoza

Ghostmaker
21-11-2008, 02:10 AM
It's a nice looking army. I think dropping the Prince was a good idea. You ever think of putting a couple of collars of Khorne in there. the chosen champ can have a magic item up to 25 points and it will give the unit a magic resistance of 2 and him a ward save of 6+.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!

Snoza
22-11-2008, 08:10 PM
I forgot about that, thanks for Reminding me, im at the present fixing this army, and including the next 1500 points or so, which will be for a Tournment which i am look forward too. ill repost that Army list in a seperate Thread, and post the complete Fixed army list when it is done.

Snoza

Killer
22-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Well, good luck with that!

Let me know when the list is done!

And I definitely expect a full battle report!

Good hunting!...

Snoza
26-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Will do, it should be done very shortly.

Snoza