PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf army tips

dsjtheman5452
04-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Hello everyone! I am new to Warhammer Fantasy and this is my first forum post. A large group of my friends have just recently started to play Warhammer Fantasy and we all picked an Army of our choice. I for one picked Dark Elves. I have been so very stoked about them and I continue to the more I read about them in my book. We are only playing 1,000 points at the moment and we will for a little while longer to give some of the slower guys in our group to more models so we can start to up the point total. Anyways, I am just wanting some advice from all the Dark Elf vet's out there for a few sample armies I could go with for 1,000 point totals. Please show a few different routs I could go. I am in love with the Black Arc Corsairs and the Crossbowmen. Needless to say Bolt throwers are a must have. So, knowing that I like the Corsairs and Crossbowmen please help with the unit selection for 1k. I appreciate the help :)

Farskit
05-11-2008, 07:56 AM
Hm... I don't have the book with me, but here are my thoughts. AT 1k... you'll need a fighting hero and a sorceress.

If you like the corsairs (I love them too!), by all means take some! You should also bring in a block of Spearmen.

Try putting up a list, picking the things you like. Don't bother with the limit! Then we'll see what adjustments can be made tobring the whole thing back to 1k.

Marticus
05-11-2008, 10:09 AM
put up the list theres a fair few dark elve players here and help and advice is always on offer :) i play them myself :)

dsjtheman5452
05-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Okay as you know, I lover corsairs. At 10 pts. per model they are not expensive and they come with the Sea Dragon Cloak which will protect them from incoming arrows (+2 saving throw to all attacks except close combat which is still a +1)

The spearman are just warriors am I right? If so then yeah one unit would be nice for the sorceress to have nearbye. I read in the book that the sorceress can sacrifice a nearby model in a unit for an extra power dice. I can do that as much as I want but only one time per spell. And since warriors (spearmen) are cheap it's not that big of a deal.... just cannon fodder anyways lol. (but why would I need a master and a soceress in my army like that one guy said?)

I definitly want the repeater crossbowmen. I am thinking either a unit of 20 going 10 models per rank for overwhelming firepower. 10 accross at 2 shots per unit = 20 shots a turn ^_^ But I have been told that 8 across is better for point saving. If I did that I would have 16 total in the unit.

I really want an Assassin to use but I am still a little confused on a few things about them. Bye themself without any other upgrade they are 90 pts. and they have three attacks. The part which I am confused about is that it says i can add an additional hand weapon for 6 pts. or a repeater handbow for 10 pts. Does this mean that if I add another hand weapon for instance that I get an extra attack? So would I be at 4 attacks per turn or what? Sorry if this is a noob question I am still learning.

Lastly I am aware that its very important to take advantage of the Reaper Crossbow war machine. So i would take that along in the army as well.

One last thing, the Dark Elf special rule "eternal hatred" .... i know it applies strongest against High Elves, but the book implies that it still has an effect against all other races. It does not however say what it does to everyone else. Could someone enlighten me.

Marticus
06-11-2008, 10:16 AM
well if its any use i can give you a list of what im taking tonight to a 1000pt game....
master with heavy armour, sea dragon cloak and shield.
sorceress with some goodies i forget what lol
18 spearman full command
20 witchelves
10 crossbows no command
1 bolt thrower
5 cold one knights full command

dont know who im going up against my friend wont tell me... but i hope its a list that give as good as it gets :)

dsjtheman5452
07-11-2008, 12:56 AM
cool, tell me how that setup works against your mystery apponent ^_^

Marticus
07-11-2008, 10:49 AM
was skaven i went up against! i unit of clan rats with a cheiftan and warplock engineer in, one lone engineer, i unit of plague monks, i of giant rats, i unit of slaves, 4 jezzails, a ratling gun and a warp lighting cannon and a unit of poison wind glob dudes. i was rather suprised, as i thought i was going to lose, but full on obliterated them they surrendered at the start of turn 5 with only about 10 slaves a 2 jezzails left on the board where i had only lost my witchelve unit and 1 cold one knight.. magic thats the key with the power of darkness spell i blasted through things freely and she really took a horrific toll on the enemy singlehandly wiping over half the clan rat unit with warlord in out in one magic phase. sending them running for the hills and off the board.. ahhh all glory to the druchi. :)

Rabidnid
10-11-2008, 01:44 AM
My army is still evolving, but at the moment at 1,000 points I have.

1x20 RXB with shields and FC

1x13 RXB with shields and muso.

2x5 harpies

1x5 CoK with muso

As characters I run 2x lvl 2 sorc with LT, ToF, DSC, and a couple null talismans or the seal of ghrond.