PDA

View Full Version : please help newbie!!

banjax
03-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Hey guys, I am playing my first ever game of warhammer tomorrow, 2000pts, me empire, against warriors of chaos. Would be very grateful for any advice/suggestions on my list-

Kurt Hellborg
Ludwig Schwarzhelm
Battle wizard-level 2 with 2 dispel scrolls
9 Knightly orders with full command and banner of duty +Hellborg
9 Knightly orders with preceptor and musician +Schwarzhelm
3 units of 10 handgunners each with marksman with hochland long rifle
10 Outriders with full command, champion with hochland long rifle
Steam tank

Please be nice as this is my very 1st attempt!

Marticus
04-11-2008, 10:10 AM
not too bad :) would prob split the outriders into 2 units of 10 though maybe take the grenade launcher for one of them as chaos now are real scary with good armour saves. :) is your wizard mounted or on foot? if hes mounted you could always give him van horstrums speculum thingy would be a real nasty suprise for any big chaos lord challenging him :)

Killer
04-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Well, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm a Chaos player and I almost always get my ass handed to me by my friend that plays Empire!

The best thing to do against Chaos is to shoot them dead before they get to you. I'm usually lucky if I see one or two rounds of combat against my Empire adversary! Last time we played I did not even see any close combat!

So yeah, the best thing against Chaos is lots of shooting (a Cannon is always a good investment), a tank (which can do lots of damage in the shooting phase an in CC and can occupy the meanest unit for the whole game), and a block or two of infantry (the detachments are awsome!!!) to finish off the drips and drabs of the lucky few to make it to the other half of the field.

But I can see that this is not the tactic that you are going for, but I think its a good idea too look into it. I play against Empire quite often, so if you are looking for more details and tactics just let me know!

But anyway, good luck and let us know how it went with a nice battle report afterwards.

And oh yeah, welcome to Astro!!! :D