PDA

View Full Version : rohan rules.....

Marticus
01-11-2008, 12:56 PM
i know there are more rohan players out there hiding.. i mean ive even found some lotr players on here... e looking at u for a start lol. now as i have no one to discuss issues i have with the rules i thought id ask our lovely community in a plea for clarity.

so it says that all riders of rohan, the mounted models come with a bow. thats great thinks i :) until i see most missions or tournament armies limit bows to 33 % so how can u have an all mounted rohan cavalry force.. as THEY WOULD BE! is it possible or not? also whats the thoughts on my hero, i only have one named rohan hero, my fav as i loe the model and his small bits in the book... Erkenbrand hes the daddy i think :) so anyway thanks for the help guys:)

Kiefer13
02-11-2008, 01:50 PM
While I don't play LOTR, I did consider it at one point and have the rulebook. Under Battle Scenarios on page 186, it mentions something about this.

It states that no more than 33% of each forces models can be armed with bows/crossbows as you say, but it also states that only Riders of Rohan/Haradrim Raider models that actually use their bows count as being armed with them, so you could field an army of Riders of Rohan, but only a third of them would be able to use bows, the others would simply count as not having them. The points costs for each model stay the same though.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,
Kiefer13 :cool:

Eodred
04-11-2008, 02:55 PM
Well, your response at last :D
Youd have to look at the legions of middle earth book (not got it), thats what the tournys are based on, I believe it does give you the rules to field an all mounted rohan force, but im not quite sure.
Ive not played lotr since legions came out, but before it was always counted as the models that are modeled firing a bow are the only ones that counted as being armed with them.
Hope this helps mate
E

Marticus
04-11-2008, 03:03 PM
indeed thank ye kindly to all :)