PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Online

Corerosion
28-10-2008, 05:24 AM
Alright guys, I just got meself somethin new.

Warhammer Online.

Does anyone here play this? After all... this is a WARHAMMER site =)

Arctophylax Faren
28-10-2008, 05:31 AM
I intend to get it next week - would you recommend it? What's the gameplay and options like for characters?

Corerosion
28-10-2008, 05:33 AM
It's quite interesting, to say the least, and the PvP warfare is definitely cool. There are some factors that are very similiar to WOW, but then again, that's expected. Varied classes, and interesting factors within gameplay. Gimme some time, i'll tell yall how it's like.

Arctophylax Faren
28-10-2008, 05:33 AM
Rightio :) It's not as cartoony though? And the fighting isn't as static as WoW is it?

Drackonis
28-10-2008, 07:50 AM
There's a thread about WAR already: Here (http://www.astronomican.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8396&page=7).

Its definatly got a more realistic look than WAR.

However, the fighting is around the same level as WoWs. You press buttons to use different abilities. However, it does have collision detection and a good amount of spells can be cast while moving which makes it a bit less static than WoWs.

But, yeah, it uses pretty much the same system as WoW does for abilities.

Arctophylax Faren
28-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Oh? It's like WoW....

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a333/Tekhno/20080728.jpg

Drackonis
28-10-2008, 09:08 AM
The combat system is similar, but the actual gameplay is very different.

There's a lot more to do while leveling, and the whole PvP-focus is great.

Its kind of like WoW, but with better social aspects, constant, more enjoyable and overall better PvP and a lot less grinding instance dungeons to get the best gear.

There's nothing quite like doing keep seiges! And they havent even started properly on my server. When there's a lot of people at level 31-40 there will be massive keep seiges with heaps of people as the keeps there are huge and will need lots of people working together to take them.

And then you hit the capital city seige part of the game which will have hundreds of players going at it.