PDA

View Full Version : orcs

Argetlam
25-10-2008, 10:58 AM
i have recently aquired an orc army, i havent written up an army list yet and i have even gotten round to purchasing the codex so that i know what models i have

the main reason for this is that i have been so busy with college and stuff that i have missed out on finding out how to play with orcs and i really hope i can master them because i am also planning on playing space orks as well in 40k lol

Marticus
25-10-2008, 03:13 PM
excellent, orcs are great on both system, my friend is an orc gamer and they do prove bothersome in fantasy. havent played against them in 40k yet though...

Nomad
29-10-2008, 02:54 AM
Welcome to Da WAAAGHHHH!

Orcs is Da Bestest!

Space Orks is Betterer. More tings goes BOOOM in da fucha!

Get Dem Night Gobby Fanatiacs in da Army. And lotsa big Black Fellas for Da Boss.

Good luck wit it!

Post List when it's done.

Marticus
29-10-2008, 04:04 PM
orc tactics.... bash em good ladz!! thats about it lol gotta love em though

Bytemeh2
29-10-2008, 05:23 PM
Space Orks is Betterer. More tings goes BOOOM in da fucha!

Haha. That has made my day today; nice one, Nomad.

I also started an Orc fantasy army, after having played mostly 40k for the past 9 years.( Eldar, IG, and CSM)

I'm just getting back into fantasy, but just looking at the basic orc rules, your thought pattern should be to hit them hard and hit them first. And to use the the special rules of "Waaagh!" and "Size Matters" to your benefit.

I just picked up the orc army box set at a good price and I'm working from there for a basic start.

But I'm thinking tons of orcs and a few gobbos to lure the enemy in for a propa bashin. Orc's don't take panic tests for gobbos, so using them to lure in chargers and flee is a pretty basic tactic for the orcs. Might want to keep that in mind while you start up your collection.

I should have an army list next week (mid terms this week sigh), if you would like to compare and discuss.

Marticus
31-10-2008, 01:08 PM
would def like to have a look at the list, i used to have an army of them myself, more gobbos then orcs at first but once i found out how hard they hit they were in. chariots are a good isea too, fast and hard hitting :)

waylander2
31-10-2008, 11:41 PM
I've got an orc army. With the new army book the main advantage is the choppas are +1str in 1st round even if you use additional choppas. My best unit is 24 savage orcs with additional choppas. I have them 6 wide, so without a hero that's 19 str4 attacks. Upgrade to big uns, and that's 19 str5 attacks. Nails