PDA

View Full Version : Martyrs of Malal (1k WOC)

LoganVivisected
18-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Well because Lizardmen are about to get an update...no point in spending too much there, so they are on hold.

Ogre's are fun and my main focus, but because I don't like burning out on an army I like having something to take a break with to flex and rest.

The new chaos book is looking pretty fun...so a small 1k list may be something to look into...

So I've decided to create a Malal list. If you don't know, Malal is one of the 3 outcast chaos gods. He is the most powerful of the 3 though being in equal strength to the main 4. As their power increases so does his, and as theirs wanes his does as well. Malal is the god of self destruction and focuses all his power and influence on bringing down the other chaos gods, though don't let this fool you, he is known to be the most twisted of all beings of chaos; his followers are known to have the most horrendous practices and ceremonies known. He is more brutal than Khorne, more corrupted than Nurgle, more kiniving than Tzeentch and more false than Slaanesh.

In short, Malal is the perfect god of chaos for the Threadpire.

Hero-

Exalted Champion Kyprah (roughly Kurgan in Russian)
Shield
Hand Weapon
Bronze armor of Zhrakk
Pendent of Slaanesh (fluff wise for my army- Mark of Malice)

The armor makes him have the following: Chaos Armour; is immune to psychology, killing blow and poisoned attacks, but no unit may ever use his Ltd
The pendent: each unsaved wound suffered by the character gives him +1A for the rest of the battle

Total: 150

Core:

Chaos Warriors X15
Full Command
Shields and Hand Weapons

Total:270

Chaos Warriors X15
Full Command
Shields and Hand Weapons

Total:270

Maurader Horsemen X5
Full Command

Total:95

Maurader Horsemen X5
Full Command

Total:95

Hounds of Chaos X5

Total:30

Hounds of Chaos X5

Hounds of Chaos X5

Hounds of Chaos X5

Total: 1000pts

Note: not made with the army book but instead listed stats on Warseer.

Killer
18-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Hey Logan! Looks quite strong and solid for a 1000pts!

One thing though... I think the warhounds only costs xpts each (if I remember correctly), so you can double up on the quite little pooches!

Of course you can give the capable little canines poisoned attacks at +3/model to make them even more cuddlier!
which brings them to x+3pts each. So in this case you should have 30pts open...

LoganVivisected
18-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Ahh very good catch man...hrmmm...I'll go with 2 more units of 5...

Reason for keeping them small is at 10 If I lose 3 they panic test, at 5 if they lose 2 I panic test. With ld5 I stand a better chance of keeping more on the table for roadblocks and flank/rear charges. Therefore with them being totally disposable I don't believe I will give them anything.

Captain Castus
18-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Ummm... Is the new WoC armybook out yet?

CC

Killer
18-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Not yet sir! Coming out on the 1st of November!

But who can resist making a few lists solong?! WoC are just SO COOL!!! :D

Check out this link the the meanwhile...

http://z4.invisionfree.com/cotec/index.php?showtopic=3702

Killer
18-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Yes Logan, I also prefer using the hounds Multiple Small Units (MSU for short).

And now that they count as core choices their even more useful than ever! If I understand correctly warhounds don't cause panic in nearby units anymore!!! Hooray!!!!

I'm very glad, because it happened before that a few pooches panicked, ran through 2 knight squads, 2 warrior squads with 2 Sorcerors and scared the stuffing out of them! My whole army ran away because a dog got shot!!! Didn't know that chaos warriors were so attached to their puppies!!!! LOL.

Anyway, be sure to hand in a full battle report on this list! Would like to see how it fares...

Happy Hunting, Sir!...