PDA

View Full Version : Taking Chosen of Chaos to 2,000 points

Psykic_Scribe
08-10-2008, 10:04 PM
OK, I am a glutton for punishment and will persevere with Chaos mortals for another 500 points ... Pity about my bloodletters as the new models are really daemonic. Here is the list so far:

Lord - Rhuneshield, Sword of Battle 300 pts
Hero L2 Sorcerer - Barded Steed, Skull of Katam 175 pts
Hero L2 Sorcerer - Spell Familiar 150 pts

16 Warriors - w comand & War Banner 368 pts
16 Marauders w command, shields 126 pts
10 War Hounds 60 pts

5 Knights ('cos they're chunky) Banner of Wrath 290 pts
1 Giant 205 pts

Total so far: 1674 pts

. .. . and the new bits are:
16 Marauders w command, l/armour, shields 142 pts
Hero - Slaanesh Exalted Ch, Barded Steed and
Whip of Pleasure 170 pts

Total when I finish 1986 pts

So why the Slaanesh ? Well, I had the bits and the hacksaw handy and I just liked the flagellation idea.
However - what will this army fight like ? Mega-warriors or just Big girls?

For entertainment, I've posted pics of the Knights in my album:
[url=www.astronomican.com/forums/album.php?u=1378]

LoganVivisected
09-10-2008, 04:46 AM
Hey hows it goin? Moved your thread here as it should get more attention as an army list in the army list section ;).

Personally I like the look as I am a fan of slaanesh myself! Looks pretty decent from what I can tell other than the hounds...Is there anything else those 60pts can be used on as I see hounds tend to get steam rolled regularly unless they are used merely to tie up light cav or for flank charges...If thats the intent though then by all means keep them!

Psykic_Scribe
09-10-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks for relocating. Yes, I use the hounds as roadblocks. Almost as cheap as snotlings but quicker to put in the way - and if they can get at a war m/c crew so much the better !

Psykic_Scribe
01-11-2008, 06:50 PM
Making some slow progress towards this points upgrade. Here is the second Marauder band. Thought I had finished them, then remembered I haven't returned to the eyes ! Still never know where they're going anyway. :mad: Will leave them alone for now as the mlog competition looks interesting and building the Champion is much more interesting.

http://www.astronomican.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=76&pictureid=783

Psykic_Scribe
17-01-2009, 09:03 PM
I have finally got to 2000 points on my Wariors of Chaos (Mortals) ! Had a few (green) distractions on the way, but finally made the corrections to the Marauders. Still far from perfect, and it's not my favourite banner but I will work no more on this group. Next step maybe that Chaos Lord & Daemonic mount - looks ideal for a serious conversion if I can find the readies?

http://www.astronomican.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=76&pictureid=1353

Now to go and find some halberdiers to rout.