PDA

View Full Version : 1.5k Vampire Counts.

SquallEvoker
11-09-2008, 06:57 PM
I just got my girlfriend a bunch of models and stuff for her birthday, and I want to know what else I should get her so she can have a 1.5k list. I'll list the models she has (all are disassembled and can be armed any way she wants.)

40 Zombies
40 Skeletons
10 Dire Wolves
2 Corpse Carts
1 Vampire Lord
10 Crypt Ghouls
10 Grave Guard
1 Varghulf

As it stands, I know she needs more characters, and her b-day is in two weeks. That gives me plenty of time, so please help me. I don't have a VC army book, but she does, so go ahead a point out a list or two that would be good. Not necessarily using the models here, but if you do, it helps. (I'm willing to spend up to $200 more on her. I've already spent over 1.5k on her ring, so anything else is a spit in the bucket.)

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
11-09-2008, 08:46 PM
Konrad Von Carstein!

Oh and that Pirate Vampire From The Collector's Range

Most Important thing though: Your Girlfriend plays warhammer? Lucky you!

Oh, get her some shoes, they always like that...

Jasfmpgh
11-09-2008, 09:10 PM
First suggestion, buy a bigger ring.. a girl that plays warhammer is worth it.

SquallEvoker
12-09-2008, 03:18 AM
She also plays Magic, video games, and is a nymphomaniac. Besides that though, Suggestions for improving her army list would be nice. :P (Characters like Vlad and Konrad and such aren't used, as we try to avoid unique characters. Otherwise I'd be fielding Skrag the Slaughterer.)

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
12-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Oh ok, well then, no Idea! (But get the Pirate Model!)

Linky... (http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99060207181&orignav=9)

I know it is the UK website, but the model is nice!

Jasfmpgh
12-09-2008, 08:04 PM
You have just about the right models for a army I like to use alot.
Vampire counts 1500 pts
Hero's
Vampire General, Biting blade, Walach's bloody hauberk, Dark Acylote, Lord of the Dead.
Vampire, Helm of Commandmant, Black Perihapt, Dark Acylote, Summon Ghouls.
Wight King, Great Weapon, The Flayed Hauberk.
total 495
Core
Unit of 20 Crypt Ghouls, Champion.
Unit of 20 Skeletons, with Spears, Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, with War Banner.
Corpse Cart, with Unholy lodestone.
Total 493

Special
Unit of 20 Grave guard, with Greatweapons, Champion, Musician, Standard Bearer, with Banner of the Barrows.
Total 335

Rare
Unit of 3 Cairn Wraiths w/ a banshee champ
Total 175

The basic idea behind this army is that you line up your 3 blocks of troops (Grave Guard, Skeletons, Ghouls.) with the skeletons in the middle. You put the Corspe cart in front of the skeletons and the banshee's unit is off to either side.. doing anti skirmisher duty. Your general will join your skeleton unit, the wight king will join the grave guard, the last vampire will just hang out behind your line, close enough to be protected and give any of the units his weapon skill with his helm. You then just march across the field summoning more troops as you go, and picking at the enemy's more dangerous units with magic and the banshee..

My favorite part of this army is the grave guard with the wight king, backed up by the vampire with the helm of command. Most units they will hit on 2's, wound on 2's with a -3 armor save mod and killing blow.. with the king to handle any nasty characters.. its more than enough to take on anyone.

You'd need to buy.. 10 grave guard, 20 ish ghouls, 2 wraiths, 1 banshee, 1 more vampire, 1 wight king... You'll have enough skeletons and zombies for any summonings so thats a plus.

Let me know if this is the kind of thing your looking for or if you want to go with a different theme of amry.

SquallEvoker
13-09-2008, 06:52 PM
That sounds great. I was looking for just that sort of idea. I don't know how VC's run, so an army list with strategy is just what I needed. Thanks.

SquallEvoker
30-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Another question... What about a 2k list? I still have all the models listed above, and one grave guard got converted into a bitching Wight King. I'd like to hear ideas and accompanying strategies. Enemies that will be faced are a magic heavy and anit magic primarily goblin army, and my ogre kingdoms who have 2 scraplaunchers and 2 gorgers, a hunter with kitties (hormagaunts he got from the great maw), and lots of hard hitting beefy yhetees and iron guts. The list should be made to handle anything, but leaning it a little against these armies would be interesting.

Thanks.

Jasfmpgh
01-10-2008, 02:16 AM
Have you gotten to play a game with the 1.5k list at all? How did it do? Anything you liked or didn't like?

SquallEvoker
01-10-2008, 06:48 AM
I haven't played a game with the 1.5k list yet. I'll post a battle report on it next week, as it will be seeing two matches on Sunday. I'll also answer those questions too. It may be only a 1k match, but through the wonders of stand-in models, the 1.5k match may go forward. As it is, one grave guard is being converted into a wight king, and I have plenty of wood elves laying around who may be acting as crypt ghouls, grave guard, and cairn wraiths.

Elessar 2
01-10-2008, 10:40 AM
She also plays Magic, video games, and is a nymphomaniac.

Lucky, lucky you!!

Jasfmpgh
01-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Sounds like a plan... to go from a 1.5k army to a 2k army is really easy for the vampire counts. The Vampire lords are such badasses that they end up costing 450 ish points.

What I would suggest you do is keep the list the same except for a few small changes..
Bring in a vampire lord with Dark Acolyte, Master of the black arts, Lord of the Dead, a Skull staff, and a Crown of the damned. I'd also give him the +1 magic level upgrade. This will give you a new general that is pretty much the best spellcaster in the game. (6 casting and 2 dispel.. with a +1 on all casting and dispel attempts.. and a additional +1 when he trys to summon more skeletons.) He is also a very strong fighter as well, though not the best to take on super heavily armored characters. (You can always switch lord of the dead for avatar of death and give him a great weapon if your concerned.)
Total 450
You will also have to increase your number of core units, so what I would suggest you do is split your skeleton unit in half and create two units of ten. (You'll have to buy a 2nd standard, champion and I'd even give them a banner of endless nightmare so it still costs a little.)
Total 41
With your lasts 9 points feel free to add a extra skeleton or ghoul.
That should take you to 500 points.

Now I know what your saying.. 10 skeletons with spears doesn't sound too scary for a bunch of orges. Well, lets try and figure out how many skeletons you can summon in a single turn. You'll have 13 casting dice with this setup.. and you only need to roll a 3 or higher for it to work.. so you could get about 8 of them off successfully a turn.. and because of the +2 bonus they'll be cast at 5-8 power level, so at the most your opponent will be able to dispel 3.. maybe. So thats 5d6+5 skeletons likely to be summoned a turn.. Pretty nasty if I think.

Basicly you'll keep the same strat with this army it will be just one unit of skeletons wider.. just put your general in that unit and your ready to go.

SquallEvoker
02-10-2008, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the ideas again. Those skeletons don't sound scary to ogres, but they sound even less scary to my scrap launchers. I admit, I'd probably try to knock off the grave guard with them first, but even still, the item Hellheart really puts a damper on magic phases. I've seen a daemon from the warp pop out and eat a vamp lord due to it's effects. I won that game by a massacre and a half. He took out a single unit of bulls and some gnoblars. I swept, carrying 3 standards. Fun times... but I digress. I'm liking what I'm hearing, So thanks again for the tips.

I have one more comment... What do you think of a vamp lord with Red Fury, Dread Knight, Supernatural Horror, Dreadlance, and Crown of the Damned? Put him in a group of blood knights and watch the unit own face.

Jasfmpgh
02-10-2008, 06:51 PM
The Vampire lord and blood knights are more of a larger game kind of thing.. The blood knight unit is very expensive, and leaving your general in a small unit makes him a little too exposed for my taste. You could use a something like what you are talking about though leave him on foot, and still stick him with skeletons, and let him chop up units on his own.. instead of doing it with magic...

SquallEvoker
07-10-2008, 06:27 AM
No battle reports. Time was short and only a 1k goblins vs ogres could be done. Small things went squish, yhetees found out that two fanatics who both roll 6 on their attacks rolls can wipe a 3 man unit, and gorger found out that he's not so scary without backup...