PDA

View Full Version : 3rd time lucky tourney WE 2K

mastershaper
23-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Ok 3rd time lucky but im still looking to improve it but yet again im points over so what units should i drop?

Im 284pts over but in WE thats usually one unit or so

The wild riders are hard but i dont know what command to take on them?

so here it is

Spellweaver 330pts
Level 4
Dispel scroll
Wand of Wych Elm

Branchwraith 140pts
Level 1
Cluster of radiants

Noble 136pts
great weapon
light armour
Alter kindred
Hail of doom arrow

10 Glade Guard 126pts
Musician

10 Glade Guard 126pts
Musician

6 Glade riders 153pts
Musician

6 Glade riders 153pts
Musician

8 Dryads 96pts

8 Dryads 96pts

8 Dryads 96pts

7 Wardancers 140pts
Bladesinger

6 Wild riders 192pts
Full command

3 Treekin 215pts
Full command

Treeman 285pts

ok what do you think?
i think its better than last time but still think it can be improved

mastershaper
25-08-2008, 01:22 PM
ok finished tournament and came in second after winning my first 3 games conviningly and then went through to the final game of 1st vs 2nd

This is the list i eventually took

Spellweaver 330pts
Level 4
Wand of Wych Elm

Branchwraith 140pts
Level 1
Cluster of radiants

Alter 136pts
Hail of doom arrow
great weapon
light armour

10 Glade Guard 126pts
Musician

10 Glade Guard 126pts
Musician

5 Glade Guard 129pts
Musician

8 Dryads 96pts

8 Dryads 96pts

8 Dryads 96pts

7 Wardancers 126pts

6 Wild riders 199pts
Musician
standard
war banner

3 Tree kin 195pts

3 Tree kin 195pts

ok if anyone has any suggestions on how to improve this please say

during the games i found the ability to re roll dispel attempts invaluable but only one dispel scroll put the pressure on numerous times

so i have been contemplating dropping the Branchwraith and take a spellsinger with a scroll and Orb

i also missed my treeman so would it be worth it dropping 90pts to fit him in and what units? i ve been thinking of dropping 1 unit of Dryads for it

Game 1
played a inexperienced guy who came along for a fun time he played a really nice empire army with a bit to many handguns which played into my hands Glade riders annilated all war machines while my wild riders managed to draw out his knights for a flank full of treekin second unit of tree kin dealt with the rest of the greatswords after a 14 shot hail of doom
so the game ended up a massacre in favour of me

Game 2
Lizardmen where my spellweaver vs slann came to a clash of head neither gaining an advantage treekin units matched off against identically sized kroxigors while the multiple dryad units and wardancers dispatched skink units one unit at a time and all my archery destroyed the saurus
a major victory for me

Game 3
tomb kings even though this game was a massacre in favour of me it was the closest game of the 4 with my glade riders taking both trebuchets early on gave me an advantage bt a joint hit on my treekin from chariots and ushabti it became equal his kings chariot was slowly dispatched from the glade guard after i spammed his chariot unit with the beast cowers spell the wardancers and dryads destroyed many skeleton but for many of them to return but the units to be finished off with the glade riders to hit in the flank and run through there units and my spellweaver with the bears anger spell destroyed the remaining ushabti

Game 4
this game was a disaster for me as i played against the new daemons and a very experienced tournament player having never played or even seen the daemon book i didnt know what i was in for but i was given 10 minutes to scan the book there was no highlight in the game and he admitted it after as well that things went very wrong for me and i couldnt hurt anything under the sun that day

Hephesto
25-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Congrats on that second place mate!

mastershaper
25-08-2008, 07:38 PM
thanks

Gideon_Not_Ravenor
25-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Yeah, great to hear someone win without any outsider help!

well done for coming second, that would be a win for me!

Jasfmpgh
25-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Hi Mini, I would suggest switching the alter noble to just a regular noble and losing the great weapon. He's really only there to shoot his hail of doom anyways :)
I'd also agree that its a good idea to bring in your treeman, I'd say losing a dyrad unit and treekin unit wouldn't hurt that much.
I think you could safely switch the branchwraith for a spellsinger, they don't really add much fighting power to a unit of dryads. You could even have the spellsinger ride a unicorn and stick her with your wildriders..
Why not try taking a giant eagle with your 1 unused rare slot and use that to hunt down enemy mages that aren't hiding in units.
Hope this helps, and good luck.

mastershaper
28-08-2008, 07:46 AM
ever since the tourney i have been constantly told to change the alter kindred so i thought about changing it to a wild rider for greater combat and i keep hail of doom

Jasfmpgh
28-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Wild riders lose they're bows so they can't shoot magic arrows :(

mastershaper
28-08-2008, 06:18 PM
a guy with the wild rider kindred doesnt unless its in a FAQ

Jasfmpgh
31-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Your right, I'm wrong.. I didn't read it close enough.. Says they have a spear and light armour.. but that doesn't mean they lose they're bow. I can't believe I've been hosing myself like that..

mastershaper
03-09-2008, 07:36 AM
Dont worry about it i didnt realise either until i saw it in the Erata for WE

so is it a good idea