PDA

View Full Version : termie dilema

c02
28-05-2006, 08:08 PM
ok so i went out today to buy a dreadnaught and plasticard came home with a box of cc termies and a termie chaplain somthing wrong with me? :S

anyway i was planning a gundam wing deathscythe dreadnaught http://www.abysshr.com/xxxg01d2_04.jpg

but now my ideas turn towards termies.. any usefull ideas welcome

thanks c02B)

Indra
28-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Well, Terminators are a nickname for marines in \'Tactical Dreadnought Armour\'.

Why not do the gundam wing thing in smaller scale on the termies and then later on do a big daddy on a dreadnought?

You\'d have a theme then!

c02
28-05-2006, 09:07 PM
i was thinking of a two handed scythe but could that be counted as lightning claws?

Gaius Julius
28-05-2006, 09:08 PM
As long as you tell your opponent then I guess so.

GJ

Skrall
28-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Could be classed as a power weapon or Thunder hammer. My advice for the termie is make em look like they are in the middle of knocking the crap out of a large number of enemies

Hawke

Indra
28-05-2006, 09:18 PM
You can model anything you like onto the models regardless of telling your opponent that its this or that, as long as you pay the points for a weapon set (pair of lightning claws?) and use them as such then thats fine. The telling your opponent thing is out of courtesy so they know what you have.

As long as you arent making new weapons up you\'ll be fine to make the mini\'s as you see fit.

Gaius Julius
28-05-2006, 09:22 PM
Yeah but you can\'t just arm your guy with a bolter and then don\'t tell your opponent that actually, it\'s a heavy flamer.things like that will really anoy your opponent.

GJ

c02
28-05-2006, 09:32 PM
well it wil definetly be lightning claws as i have also baught the new termie chaplain for re roll to wound rule

Indra
28-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Gaius Julius wrote:

Yeah but you can\'t just arm your guy with a bolter and then don\'t tell your opponent that actually, it\'s a heavy flamer.things like that will really anoy your opponent.

GJ

Well no, thats a given. What I was referring to was equipping a model with something not normally seen, i.e. a scythe. But the scythe counts as lightning claws. That sort of thing. Theres no excuse for saying that the bolter is actually an assault cannon as models for that are available.

I should have been more precise, I meant in regards to converted mini\'s with no definite weapon loadout. THen its ok to equip with something appropriate (Said scythe conversion would not be acceptable as a cyclone missile launcher for example.)

Apologies!

Gaius Julius
29-05-2006, 12:02 AM
Yes but what I\'m saying is that you can\'t just model a character with a scythe, then get him into a combat, then suddenly\"Oh by the way, my character has twin lightning claws\". Your opponent won\'t allow it. It\'s not just courtesy, it\'s the law.

GJ

Indra
29-05-2006, 12:15 AM
I guess you could say thats definately a thing that as players we ought to do, but what I\'m saying is that regardless, if I forgot to tell you what the model had, but I paid for lightning claws and used them as lightning claws then there shouldn\'t be an issue.

As another example.