PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts 500 points

trechor
12-08-2008, 02:19 AM
Hello,

Can anyone played or played against vampire counts tell me what the toughest 500pt army list would be? I'm new to fantasy and am playing in an escalation league at the local game shop. Any and all advice would be much appreciated! I now have at my disposal

Vlad
Konrad
40 Skeles
40 Zombies
30 Ghouls
2 Corpse Carts
10 Dire Wolves
10 Grave Guard
and a Black Coach

and can pick up pretty much anything else that is going to help. We've got almost every army represented in the league, and the guys I will be playing against are pretty competitive. Thanks in advance.

Jasfmpgh
12-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Do you have to follow normal army rules? Like 1-3 heros, 2+ core?
If you can pick anything then I think
Vampire w/ Balefire spike, Flayed Hauberk, Red fury mounted on a hellsteed.
And 4 Bloodknights, champ, standard w/ Royal Standard of Strogis.
would be a pretty tough fight for anyone.. just charged to victory.

For a normal game I like to use my "I'm to important to fight" Vampire
Vampire w/ Helm of Commandment, Black Periapt, and Dark Acolyte.
His prized fighters, 7 grave guard, champ, standard w/ banner of the barrows and armed with great weapons.
Add 2 units of zombies of 20 zombies.

Basicly your vampire just hides out and uses his helm of command to give the graveguard his WS.. that combined with the banner of the barrows is that they hit most people on 2s and with great weapons they wound on 2s (not to mention Killing blow). Just replace any loses they take with magic and let them stomp people down.

Your Conscience
12-08-2008, 09:22 PM
That really wont work in 500 points becuse instead what kind of army do you want to have?. Also you shouldnt just be asking us to draft armylist for you and i know that this might sound harsh but do it yourself because it is the only way that you will learn to devise agd allround army list. Then after you have devised an army list post it up on to here so that we can give you an opinion. This is because everybody has diffrent opinions on what is good and what isnt good and there is also diffrent styles of play that suit some people to others. Finally i knopw this might sound like a rant but one of the main joys about warhammer is using an devsing an army list that you have created and then finding weaknesses so u can then change it to improve it

trechor
13-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Jason,

They do require 2 core. That grave guard/zombie list sounds great, and is something I will be trying. That was exactly the type of advice I was looking for. That list sounds way more effective than what I was considering starting with:

Vampire
lord of the dead,
dark acolyte,
hand of dust
14 Skeletons
champ, sb, spears
20 Zombies
5 Dire Wolves
5 Dire Wolves

Conscience,

You probably mean well, but please spare me any future lectures.

Your Conscience
14-08-2008, 01:41 PM
If you were going to go with this list i wouldnt go with the hand of dust and in a small game i would go with the book of archan instead meaing you can cast vanhels dance macarbe for free!!!