PDA

View Full Version : Astro Inaugural Dark Heresy Game...

Captain Castus
31-07-2008, 07:58 PM
OK lads... Here we are...

To summarise again...

GM = Spacemonkey = spacemonkeee@hotmail.com

PCs:
1) Castus (MSN = davidcutter@hotmail.co.uk) - Imperial Psyker
2) Corerosion (MSN= benjaminmoktse@yahoo.co.uk) - Cleric
3) Mycosynth (MSN= dylanae@gmail.com) - Assasin
4) Dim Reaper (MSN = dim_reaper_666@hotmail.com) - Scum
5) Ziggy Tempest (MSN = colonel-tempest@hotmail.com) - Techpriest

So post your character summaries/backstories here

Anyone else interested in playing? I'm sure they're be room for a couple more...

CC

Mycosynth
31-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Hmmm not much muscle in our group so far, might switch my tech priest for a Guardsman or Abritrator, or possibly an Assassin depending on what Dim chooses.

Captain Castus
31-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Hmmm... I'll edit the first post to show our 'choices so far'...

CC

The Spacemonkey
01-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Don't change your character because of a lack of 'muscle'. Play the character you want and don't worry about what everyone else goes. The stories will adapt to your characters not the other way around!

Mycosynth
01-08-2008, 11:23 AM
No its ok, im not picky about what class I play anyway, and I already got the Arbitrator rolled up, although if we really dont need to worry about balance I might change it. Need to write up a digital sheet if I can anyway.

The Spacemonkey
01-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Fair enough :)

The Dim Reaper
01-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Alright, I've made my character and done up his stats on the pc using that D&D dice generator (rep for Coer) so what now to whom and how do I send it?

Cheers,

Dim

The Spacemonkey
01-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Peeps can either e-mail them to me or send them via msn. I'm leaving my messenger on all day today :)

Ziggy Tempest
01-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Right, I'll try and get my hand's on a Pdf of the rules and I'd like to join. If you've started already then I understand. I'm in the process of making a char completely from dicerolls and it's turned out as a Gaurdsmen if that's ok.

Contact me at Colonel-tempest(@)hotmail.com

Mycosynth
02-08-2008, 02:19 AM
Thats perfect, we needed a tank anyway. So as it stands, we have Castus as a Psyker, Me as an Assassin, Coerocsion as a Cleric, Dim as a Cleric, and Ziggy as a Guardsman. Looks like we have a pretty balanced team.

Corerosion
02-08-2008, 06:54 AM
K! Now everyone add each other on msn.

The Spacemonkey
02-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Ok guys.

Can we try and get together today, either on msn or here on Astro so we can organise our first game session. I've spoken to Coreosion and since it's six hours ahead of uk time where he is can we try and get on for 16:00 GMT?

Need to get some solid detail thrashed out so we can get a regular time arranged.

Well Chat to you later.

R.

Captain Castus
02-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Hmmm... With Corerosion 6 hours ahead and Mycosynth 6 hours behind isn't that going to make a convinient time for all a tad difficult?

I've updated the first post in this thread with our choices... I'll see you all on MSN at around 4pm GMT!

CC

Ziggy Tempest
02-08-2008, 01:23 PM
I should be on then. I have to add the finishing touches to my character and need to ask a few things.

1) Who is the Gm?
2) Can we spend our starting money on stuff?

(Edit)

I've had to restart my character and the dice decided he's going to be a Tech-priest so could that be changed? (Yes I rolled a 100 Lol)

The Dim Reaper
02-08-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm scum actually :p

Cheers,

Dim

Captain Castus
02-08-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm scum actually :p

You said it! ;) Duely edited...

CC

Captain Castus
02-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Hi guys!

Thanks for the first session today... That was fun! :D

I sense combat coming next time... So it might be wise to look up the rules a bit! ;)

CC

Ziggy Tempest
02-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Hah yeah. I need to read up on combat :P

The Spacemonkey
02-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Good game today guys. Hope everyone enjoyed. Castus is right combat aplenty next time.

With that in mind here's a link to a combat cheat sheet.

http://www.darkreign40k.com/downloads/gaming-aids/combat-action-quick-reference/download.html

Mycosynth
02-08-2008, 09:26 PM
So when are we having our next session? Should probably say ahead of time I wont be here Wednesday-Saturday, and maybe not Sunday.

The Spacemonkey
02-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Well I'm thinking of going to see Dark Knight at the IMAX on monday, so tuesday'd be good.

Ziggy Tempest
02-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Tuesday sounds good if everyone isn't busy. I should be able to make it depending on how long the session's going to be. I'm looking forward to cracking some traitorous skulls :D Was a good move to get half a dozen meat.. Guardsmen to help us out Hah!

Captain Castus
02-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Tuesday p.m. would be OK... But it would have to be evening for me (after 8)... Which would make it difficult for Corerosion if he's 6 hours ahead!!

Got this thing called 'work' in the day!

CC

Ziggy Tempest
02-08-2008, 09:48 PM
I think it would be best to keep it to weekends. What's everyone doing tomorrow?

Captain Castus
02-08-2008, 09:50 PM
Tomorrow's a possible for me for a couple of hours... Say from 5p.m.ish?

CC

Ziggy Tempest
02-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Should be ok with me. We'll need to get straight into it though. We spent an hour talking before getting anything started today :P And everyone needs to read up on combat...

(Should we post our profile's in a thread here (Well the main part anyway) So we can use it for easy reference when finding out info about other chars or isn't it worth it?)

The Spacemonkey
03-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Sorry guys I can't do tonight. I've got folk coming over at six.

Ziggy Tempest
03-08-2008, 03:03 PM
Ok. Just post when you're available then and we'll have to work it out that way.

Spacemonley, I've been looking the Inquisitor's handbook and was wondering whether I could tweak my character to have come from a forgeworld? I'll keep the stats the same but the skills compliment a techpriest well and it makes more sense with the backstory.

The Spacemonkey
06-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Ziggy. That's fine, just send me an update when you're done.

As for future game sessions. I should be free most nights, so I'm willing to work around peeps with tighter schedules. SAying that Sunday would be good, this weekend. :)

Captain Castus
06-08-2008, 07:44 AM
Can't do Sunday this weekend... The same time (saturday 4-7ish) would be good for me again...

CC

Corerosion
06-08-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm ok then too

Ziggy Tempest
06-08-2008, 11:45 AM
I am too. Seems that everyone except Myco is free then just need to hear from Dim. Are you guys up to letting Myco's char act as an npc for the session. Otherwise we'll have to wait another week until he come's back from his camping trip.

Captain Castus
06-08-2008, 12:37 PM
I don't mind... Will definately need his assasins skills though I reckon... I'm sure SM could 'take control' of him for one session...

CC

Corerosion
06-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Well, I do hope Myco won't be pissed about that though...

The Spacemonkey
06-08-2008, 02:38 PM
I'll make sure I'm available Saturday 4-7.

Any missing players can catch up, via the posts. We won't let anything horrible happen to their characters when their not there.

Later guys.

Ziggy Tempest
06-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Well I think we should try to keep this as a Saturday afternoon thing seeing as most people are available then and as long as no more than one person isn't there then we could just let Sm control them as I'm sure he's capable of keeping to the character. Sm is in charge though so maybe you could sort out a few guidelines or something ;)

The Dim Reaper
06-08-2008, 05:51 PM
I should be in for Sat. I'll let you know if I can't...

Cheers,

Dim

Ziggy Tempest
06-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Have a question. Common Lore is an advanced skill group?

Adrassil
06-08-2008, 11:53 PM
Can I join in a little later? I'll roll up my character later today? is that okay this looks damn fun or could I use my already made character? mr Sigismund?
Oh I've gotta get myself some D 10's as well! Perhaps I dunno please can I use Sigismund! please everything is in order! I havent cheated lol

Adrassil
07-08-2008, 03:18 AM
And one more thing! Uhhh what's the day today in GMT time? Uhh could someone sentd me an email to tell me when this thing is on?

Here's my email; majorrawne@hotmail.com

That's if you let me play mr Spacemonkey but remember! You owe me after you stole my thread :p

Captain Castus
07-08-2008, 06:43 AM

Yeah... But certain homeworlds etc. let you treat it as basic... E.g. Imperial World means you treat Common Lore (Imperial) as a basci skill...

If you look at the list of skills it says (in brackets) after each whether its a basic or advanced skill...

CC

Captain Castus
07-08-2008, 06:46 AM
And one more thing! Uhhh what's the day today in GMT time? Uhh could someone sentd me an email to tell me when this thing is on?

Unfortunatley in NZ you are currently 11 hours ahead of the UK... Which means we'd be playing between 3 and 6 am your time!! You're welcome to join us if you can stay awake! :)

CC

Adrassil
07-08-2008, 01:43 PM
What! damn now I look at Spacemonkey's log...Could you guys start a little later like 6 till ten? Hmmm what time did you finish I'll just check that out damn got my D 10's today and everything

The Spacemonkey
07-08-2008, 03:54 PM

Yeah, Common Lore is an advanced skill because you need experience or training to be able to test against it. For instance someone from a feral world will have no knowledge of how the Adeptus Arbites work, so couldn't make a check to remember that they have gold badges, when some cultist tries to bluff them. (They'd need common lore arbites)

Hope that helps :)

Ooops! Just saw Castus' post. Never mind

Ziggy Tempest
07-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Ok, well I've updated my character now to reflect his forge World origins.

Corerosion
09-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Bah, six is a nono for me =) That's like 4am here

Ziggy Tempest
09-08-2008, 10:25 AM
We're doing it at 4pm Today right?

The Spacemonkey
09-08-2008, 10:30 AM
That's what I hear. I'll try and be on from half three.

Captain Castus
09-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Yep... I'll try and be there for 4pm... Will definately be online before 5...

CC

Ziggy Tempest
09-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Well I'll probably be on all day from now. Have nothing to do :P

The Spacemonkey
09-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Hey guys.

Hope everyone enjoyed the game this, week. Combat was a bit slow, but I think we're all getting the hang of it.

Mycosynth, we lost you somewhere, not sure what happened there.

Dim, There's still stuff left down the creepy mines for Karl to get eaten by :)

Oh. The log is a bit of a mess this week. 'cause I'm tired. I'll fix it later. Thanks Adrassil! (for keeping it and sending it over)

Later

Ziggy Tempest
09-08-2008, 08:47 PM
I need more Grenades!! :D

Adrassil
09-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Yes but I just think you need to be less pin happy (like trigger happy but withj grenades mr Ziggy!)

Mycosynth
11-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Ya sorry guys, was dragging on a bit long, and unfortunately, my parents decided that it was time for chores.

Ziggy Tempest
14-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Same time this Saturday?

Adrassil
15-08-2008, 03:22 AM
I dunno if i can do it this week man that 2:30 start frigged me up lol I'll keep you guys updated if I can or cannot

Captain Castus
15-08-2008, 06:05 AM
I can do saturday from c.4pm again... :)

CC

Adrassil
15-08-2008, 07:51 AM
Heh! Just one question guys is it cool if I make Sigismund a jerk?A Rawne Like arrogant, sulky bastard? If you dont agree just say so and I wont cause having a dick on the team may frustrate the other players....Oh and I'll play this weekend and kick arse doing it

Lepp
15-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Make Sigismund arrogant, ruthless, and cruel, but not as venomous as Rawne - and a lot more badass!

Corerosion
15-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Nah. Rawne's type of arrogance was more of a cool badass-ish arrogance. But Sigis's one is a bit strange-ish, like intimidating the useless guy and beating up guardsmen just cos you didnt get to kill stuff. Rawne would not do stuff for nothing, and definitely would'nt throw tempers. He's more of a cold, ice-hearted asshole that we all know and love. What Sigis needs is more control but cruelty inbuilt to it at the same time. Then he'll be real cool alright!

i.e. (Sigis stared at the kneeling traitor, a glint of hatred flashing in his eyes. His hand hovered near his gun as he stood over the fear-filled man, his derision for the man clear as he hawked and spat on the coward, before snorting and turning around, leaving for the exit. The coward, filled with elation at his narrow escape, sprang up and made a run to the window, ready to brave the perils of a jump rather than spend even more time within the vicinity of the cold-hearted killer that was Sigis. He made three steps, then... his head exploded in a mass of blood and gore, the walls nearby tinted red by the man's flesh and blood. Smiling a grin of the devil, Sigis stared down the smoking barrel of his gun, before holstering it, turning on one heel, and leaving the room.)

Adrassil
15-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Thanks guys. Yeah I do agree with you on that stuff Corerosion I was just really grumpy 'cause it was really early in the morning so I had not control lol so Sigismund didn't.

hahaha I talked to my GM about this mission and he did it with my "real Life" party they turned the wretch over to the commissar after they finished hmmm I'll try to make him like Rawne more controlled

Corerosion
15-08-2008, 11:40 AM
Of course, this doesnt mean you cant be evil. Damn, I want you to be evil. My char is evil too, in the 'nice use the guardsmen as meatshields by convincing them they are doing it for a good cause' way.

I'm not saying don't be evil! Just be evil... with style.

And note to the rest, " Bah, the plan to derail the story by killing the guardsmen and commissar, while pretending to side with the nurglites then killing them too then taking all the loot and selling it while calling in an orbital strike by pretending that there were too many evil hell-spawns inside the mine (which incidentally killed the commissar and guardsmen) so we can go in after that to loot some more in the pretenses we were mopping up... was a good one. You lot should have done it XD

Ziggy Tempest
15-08-2008, 02:44 PM
My character is a bit strange really. He doesn't care about dying as any rebuilt limbs would bring him closer to the machine god yet he won't kill people for no reason. He may grow attached to the party thuogh it's unlikely...

The Spacemonkey
16-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Oooh Lot's of character things :)

I'll be on at 15:30 BST, so I'll see you there.

If anyone wants they can take 400xp for the last couple of sessions. Should be starting a new Adventure this week :)

Anyway, catch you all later.

Ziggy Tempest
16-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Oooh. Xp :P

Adrassil
16-08-2008, 05:34 PM
That was awesome I really enjoyed that last session ohhh Sigismund's a dodgy bastard aint he? hehehehe

The Spacemonkey
16-08-2008, 05:44 PM
First up. I'd like to appologise. My PC kept crashing on me and I thinnk all that messing around stopped us getting on with the story.

On the up-side you guys got to do lots of in character chatting Which is good.

On that note. I can't find the coversation logs on my hoorible wretched machine (I'm taking it appart later) so if anyone can find the in character log please mail it to me.

Anyway. We're all set to get straight into the first chapter of the new story.

Anyone who wasn't there here's the first handout. http://www.flickr.com/photos/18845840@N03/2716549516/sizes/l/

I'll see you all next week at 16:00 BST. unless we need to re-arrange.

Later

Adrassil
16-08-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks Spacemonkey mate uhhh the damnable log? I didnt keep it crap! sorry

Corerosion
17-08-2008, 12:22 AM
(When SM said we got to do a lot of ICing, it means we messed around doing crazy stuff, like summoning an Inquisitorial kill team to kill one of our members, getting knocked out by sirens in the cockpit of a dropship, vomiting left, right and centre...

Adrassil
17-08-2008, 12:28 AM
Yes it was a little immature lol but I had fun it allowed me to flesh out Sigismund alot it was fun trying to keep the secret heheheh good thing I rolled that 15

Corerosion
17-08-2008, 02:31 PM
(and good thing we didnt get killed by that Inquisitorial kill-team.)

Ziggy Tempest
17-08-2008, 11:01 PM
They weren't Inquisitorial were they? Just one of the Ship's Security detail's...

Adrassil
18-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Yeah Im pretty sure that they were just the ship's security Core

Captain Castus
18-08-2008, 06:57 AM
Yeah... SM mentioned 'inquisitorial kill team' when referring to us! :D

CC

The Spacemonkey
18-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Well to the outside observer you guys are mysterious agents of the most terrifying organisation in the galaxy!

But perhaps kill team was a bit strong!

Adrassil
18-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Well to the outside observer you guys are mysterious agents of the most terrifying organisation in the galaxy!

But perhaps kill team was a bit strong!

wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!...Wow! Wow! Wow!...Wow!...Wow!...Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow!
any inquisitorial team with Sigismund is a kill team cause Sigismund is a kill team in himself :p

lol that's from Family Guy if ya didnt know bro!

Adrassil
18-08-2008, 09:29 AM
OK lads... Here we are...

To summarise again...

PCs:
1) Castus (MSN = davidcutter@hotmail.co.uk) - Imperial Psyker
2) Corerosion (MSN= benjaminmoktse@yahoo.co.uk) - Cleric
5) Ziggy Tempest (MSN = colonel-tempest@hotmail.com) - Techpriest

So post your character summaries/backstories here

Anyone else interested in playing? I'm sure they're be room for a couple more...

CC

Dont forget me! :(

Captain Castus
18-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Sorry Ad! :D

To summarise...

PCs:
1) Castus (MSN = davidcutter@hotmail.co.uk) - Imperial Psyker (Praetus)
2) Corerosion (MSN= benjaminmoktse@yahoo.co.uk) - Cleric (Silus)
5) Ziggy Tempest (MSN = colonel-tempest@hotmail.com) - Techpriest (Metalus)
6) Addrassil - Assassin (Sigismund)

CC

Adrassil
18-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Thanks mr Castus!

Adrassil
21-08-2008, 04:19 AM
Oooh Lot's of character things :)

I'll be on at 15:30 BST, so I'll see you there.

If anyone wants they can take 400xp for the last couple of sessions. Should be starting a new Adventure this week :)

Anyway, catch you all later.

That doe not include me does it SM?

The Spacemonkey
21-08-2008, 07:30 AM
No, your character already had a 900xp start on the rest. So I'd like them to catch up a bit before you start getting any more. Don't worry though, next adventure everyone will get some.

So, just to confirm. We are still on for Saturday @ 16:00 BST?

Hope to see everyone there.

Later.

Captain Castus
21-08-2008, 08:09 AM
I'll hope to be there then... But may be slightly late as I'm working this W/E... :(

CC

The Spacemonkey
21-08-2008, 12:02 PM
That sucks!

If it's going to be tricky for you, or anyone else for that matter, then sooner we can find an alternative time the better.

As I'm full time house husband I'm free pretty much whenever. So if re-scheduling is necessary go for it!

Ziggy Tempest
21-08-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm free then again..

Captain Castus
21-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Saturday's still OK for me... Just maybe slightly later... I could always join part way in...

CC

Adrassil
22-08-2008, 01:24 AM
Starting alittle later would be cool with me (if not better)

Ziggy Tempest
22-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Well we could start later but then we wouldn't be able to do it for as long as I'd have to go for dinner and stuff sooner or later heh...

Though we do seem to spend alot of time just chatting before starting so if we get straight into it, it shouldn't make much of a difference.

The Spacemonkey
22-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Well. I'm going to be on-line at the usual time. If there's enough players (two or more) who want to get started I will crack on with them and anyone who get there later can jump right in. If you're all wanting to start a bit later then that's cool too.

Hope Dim and Mycosynth can make it along this week.

Anyway. See you all tomorrow.

Adrassil
22-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Urmmm I dont know exactly if I'm gonna play or not my friend might be having a party on saturday night but emphasis on "Might" I may not even invited :p I dont think he likes me cause the last party my friend hosted was boring we just sat around all night listening to music and drinking beer (and he hogged the DJ part everytime a godd song came on he'd change it in like two seconds through!) Man it was boring

Mycosynth
22-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Hey guys sorry to say but im going to have to drop out. The times just not good for me and it isnt working out as well as it did the first time. So sorry again, hope you guys have fun with your future games.

The Spacemonkey
24-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Hey chaps,

I'm going to be away in Amsterdam this weekend, so I won't be able to get on-line. I'm DMing a dungeons and dragons game tomorrow night, but I'll be free Tues, Wed, Thurs I think, if you want to try and get a game in this week.

Anyhoo, I'll catch you all later.

Ziggy Tempest
24-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Well I'd be able to make it but I think it'd be difficult for almost everyone else :S

Adrassil
25-08-2008, 04:24 AM
Sorry I was not online to play last night stayed at a friend's place

The Spacemonkey
01-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Hey guys.

Just checking we're all good for this weekend?

The Dim Reaper
01-09-2008, 07:06 PM
I'm afraid I'm gone again.I've a gig on saturday evening. The only day I'm free atm is friday night...... :S

Cheers,

Dim

Captain Castus
01-09-2008, 07:43 PM
I should be OK for this Saturday... 4pm-ish again?

CC

Adrassil
02-09-2008, 04:25 AM
I'll try to mates no guarantees though sorry

The Spacemonkey
03-09-2008, 12:00 PM
i can do Saturday (same time), but if we can work something out for Friday so Dim can make that'd be better.

Captain Castus
03-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Can't do Friday... I'm out...

CC

The Spacemonkey
03-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Looks like we're on for Sat at four then. (sorry Dim).

See you there. :)

The Dim Reaper
03-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Ah its cool. Just so long as karl doesn't end up as Crow Father chow I'll be fine.

Cheers,

Dim

Adrassil
05-09-2008, 04:21 AM
Ah its cool. Just so long as karl doesn't end up as Crow Father chow I'll be fine.

Cheers,

Dim

No we will be chow on the blade of masamune and nothing else mwhahahahaha!

Corerosion
05-09-2008, 06:19 PM
0o What?

Anyway, I'm still quite sure it's good ol grampa nurglie.
After all, s' crows. If it were vultures or some other type of bird, it wouldve been Tzeentch. But My moneys on nurglies.

Adrassil
06-09-2008, 12:20 AM
I'm refurng of thefight between Rodyille and Karl in the arena Core lol

The Spacemonkey
06-09-2008, 04:15 PM
Hey guys.

I was a little late getting on-line today (16:07). so, sorry about that.

I'm hoping the last couple of weeks disruption haven't put anyone off, but if there's any issues we need to address, please let me know.

Anyhoo, hope to see you all next week.

R.

The Spacemonkey
15-09-2008, 05:01 PM
OK guys. First off I'm really sorry if anyone made it on last Saturday, because I didn't. No major excuse, just got caught up in family things and didn't make it to the PC.

So, Sorry again.

That being said, if you guys are still up for giving it a go so am I.

Thoughts?

Ziggy Tempest
17-09-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm still up for it but I have no idea how many I've missed. Be on msn though so I'll try to be online at the usual time,

Captain Castus
17-09-2008, 05:40 PM
I'm still up for it too!

But a baby is interferring slightlly more with those 'just a few hours on saturday, honest!' than I anticipated so my attendence may not be easily guaranteed! Silly boy... :(

CC

The Spacemonkey
17-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Good to know guys. I'll make sure I'm on Saturday afternoon. Will set reminders and everything. :)

Ziggy, you've not missed anything, it's just been a couple of weeks since we played. You guys are just heading out into the Badlands from Port Suffering.

edit: Oh and I finally got a physical copy of the book, so that should speed up rules issues :)

Adrassil
17-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Sorry I've gotta remember this time I keep forgetting I'll set my alarm this time I promise (thats if Sigismund isnt already dead) But if so could I use my own character Serghar Kaltos an assassin similar to Sigismund but with better Agi and WS

Ziggy Tempest
20-09-2008, 01:22 PM
I may only be able to stay online until 5 so I won't be around for the full session. I'll try to be though.

Captain Castus
20-09-2008, 04:55 PM
Sorry guys... Crying baby... :(

It's so difficult to dedicate time at the mo...

CC

Ziggy Tempest
20-09-2008, 05:09 PM

CC

No worries. We're just doing a small prologue type thing for my character explaining how he became an acolyte. So the main adventure hasn't been advanced.

The Spacemonkey
20-09-2008, 08:28 PM

CC

I totally understand, I've got a couple myself. Like Ziggy said it was just the two of us, turned out quite well.

@ Ziggy. Now I've got a couple of days to write up the conclusion.

The Spacemonkey
22-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Hey chaps.

Sorry to do this to you again, but I've got a wedding this Saturday. Short notice due to me thinking it was on Friday :(

If we can re-arrange let me know and I'll do what I can. :)

Later.

The Spacemonkey
30-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Hey guys.

I'm going to have to give up on running the game. I'm just not finding the time too get it going and I suspect I'm not the only one , but rather than keep letting you down I thought I should let you know in a sort of official manner. It was fun though and I'm glad we gave it a shot.

If you decide to keep it going and need any help/info/advice I'd be happy to help.

R.

Ziggy Tempest
30-09-2008, 07:44 PM
Hey guys.

I'm going to have to give up on running the game. I'm just not finding the time too get it going and I suspect I'm not the only one , but rather than keep letting you down I thought I should let you know in a sort of official manner. It was fun though and I'm glad we gave it a shot.

If you decide to keep it going and need any help/info/advice I'd be happy to help.

R.

If we can get an focused group (In a similar timezone) together I wouldn't mind starting it again.

Captain Castus
01-10-2008, 12:39 PM
I'd love to play but I think co-ordinating it online may prove too much of a challenge unfortunately... When you're meeting in person it's easier to 'ring-fence' the time I find...

It was fun to give it a try anyway!

CC

Adrassil
01-10-2008, 08:45 PM
uhhh sorry everyone I was rather over ambitious :(

Ziggy Tempest
02-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Ok Guys had an idea. How about we run a Play By Post campaign, through Astro itself. That way we don't have to be on-line all at the same time though there is the issue that the plot could advance whilst a player was away or something.

Anyone interested?

Captain Castus
02-10-2008, 08:04 PM
The problem with playing by post is that the combat system won't work well... It'll take a week to do one round!

CC

The Spacemonkey
03-10-2008, 07:38 PM
Ok Guys had an idea. How about we run a Play By Post campaign, through Astro itself. That way we don't have to be on-line all at the same time though there is the issue that the plot could advance whilst a player was away or something.

Anyone interested?

Yes. I'd absolutely be intrested in that.

@ Castus. I've had an idea. When we enter a scene and get the description we respond with our intention and add to that a list of d100 rolls. For combat we assume the max damage for each hit. Then the GM runs the combat according to the wishes of the PCs using their rolls.

e.g. You come across a bunch of heretics, they lurk at the back of a dark and misty chamber, blah blah. You read the post and then describe what you'd like to do. Instead of dealing with each individual action, you give a more general indication. "I run into the room and attack the cultists till they're all dead!/Waste them with me gunz!/Try to keep one alive...." (whatever)

GM compares your rolls and dmg scores to the monsters/cultists etc then posts the reply.

You hit one and kill it, then miss and get whacked. Luckily your mate saves you, 'cause he had some spare hits :)

It would take longer and we'd loose a lot of the immediacy of it, but I think if we can keep the story going it'd be worth taking a bit of time over.

Later.

Corerosion
05-10-2008, 05:36 AM
Hey guy's! I'm back from my exams... killed Silus off yet? Or have I alrdy gotten me Power Armor?

The Spacemonkey
05-10-2008, 02:11 PM
Hey Core,

We pretty much haven't played since you were last there. Just couldn't manage to get us all together. (Damn you real life!)

To be fair it's looking like the play by MSN is dead. I can't commit to it, there always seems to be something more urgent happening late Sat afternoons :(

Still Ziggy has an idea for a game run through the boards, so it might not be the end yet! :)

Corerosion
06-10-2008, 06:08 AM
The play by post thingy is popular in most other DnD forums, so it's worth a shot.

Ziggy Tempest
13-10-2008, 12:22 PM
Ok. If everyone interested could pm me I'll see if it's worth doing. I have a campaign lined up just need to work out the specifics.