PDA

View Full Version : iron warriors armoured company underway

hivefleetsyren
24-05-2006, 03:29 PM
i have started an iron warriors armoured company for the medusa v campaign using the imperial guard rules. the idea is as it says in the codex: chaos space marines, the iron warriors capture imperial tanks for sieges and stuff. well here is an entire captured tank company. anyway here are some fotos...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12785349@N00/

Skrall
24-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Not bad, liked the gaunts though.
They do seem a bit silver, if its iron warrior they should be more worn and rusted, try brown ink at certain area\'s it works wonders on my old iron warriors.

Hawke

Indra
24-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Nice work there mate, I\'m quite impressed. Also, lookng at your gaunts I quite like them too, the colours are nice and the red talons work well with thier overall scheme.

I think the paint work is a little too quick for my taste but dont take that wrongly. I think that on your models it works very nicely and I kept going back to look again. THeres something about your chosen colours that just work really well together.

:)

NathanS
25-05-2006, 12:48 AM
I dont know about the rust Iron Warriors only trust their war gear so it would be logical that they keep there weapons and such to the highest standards even for chaos troops.

Indra
25-05-2006, 04:56 AM
devoncodain wrote:

I dont know about the rust Iron Warriors only trust their war gear so it would be logical that they keep there weapons and such to the highest standards even for chaos troops.

This makes sense. I\'d suggest muddying the tanks as though trenching through mud and such, rather than rusting. Battle damamge would be good fluff wise too, so there are two further options to consider.

grinkohof
25-05-2006, 05:01 AM
yeah i dont think they would have rusty old guns, maybe dusty battled damaged vehicles and power armour but not guns...

grinkohof

hivefleetsyren
25-05-2006, 05:01 AM
i was thinking because they r nicely looked after and they will be mainly cityfighting that mud wud not b so common but scratch marks from tight street might be more apt. what do you think and how should i do them?

Indra
25-05-2006, 05:34 AM
Yeah that might be a good idea. Take a scalpel and score the tank in decent places, and paint it with residue from whatever it collided with, so whitish-grey for concrete dust and so on. That would work well, and not be too difficult either.