PDA

View Full Version : Librarian Lucious the Infragilis

Skidy
19-05-2006, 05:03 AM
Wow finally I have 2 peices of MDI finished. The tactical squad was done afew weeks back and ive just done the Librarian.

I dont know why I chose the name lucious.. maybe it was because i was reading harry potter and the Order of the phoenix at the time...

And for those of you that dont know latin Infragilis means Unbreakable - a nice word to describe a psychic warrior i think.

I still havnt decided on his equipment yet :) but the model itself is done so take a look:

www.exterminadus.co.uk/MDIG-CrusaderCourt.htm

I quite like the banner.. It only took 5/10 minutes to make in photoshop. :P

torn
19-05-2006, 07:25 PM
wow i really like it, i like the mix of purple and blue in the colur scheme!

Indra
19-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Interesting colour sceme. Reminds me of the thousand sons colours.

Like the old blue force axe. It\'s a nice touch.

Skidy
20-05-2006, 08:27 PM
thnx for the comments guys!

I was going to do a gold force axe.. but the traditional blue took sway

Starks333
20-05-2006, 11:09 PM
its nicely painted but i personally find there to be too many colours that just dont mesh nicely

blue, purple, yellow, white, red and metals

its not completely overwhelming, but i find it too busy and that tends to take away from certain things-detail, the focus, etc

Starks

TheSovereign
22-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Skidy wrote:

Wow finally I have 2 peices of MDI finished. The tactical squad was done afew weeks back and ive just done the Librarian.

I dont know why I chose the name lucious.. maybe it was because i was reading harry potter and the Order of the phoenix at the time...

And for those of you that dont know latin Infragilis means Unbreakable - a nice word to describe a psychic warrior i think.

I still havnt decided on his equipment yet :) but the model itself is done so take a look:

www.exterminadus.co.uk/MDIG-CrusaderCourt.htm

I quite like the banner.. It only took 5/10 minutes to make in photoshop. :P

Pretty nice looking model, you seem to have improved from your last work. I agree somewhat with Starks on the number of colours, but aside from that it looks pretty nice. About the name, I suspect most people will have a bit of a chuckle as it looks rather like \"Infraggable\" or unfraggable. Personally, all I can think of is the \"Infraggable Krunk.\" :P

mark
22-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Starks333 wrote:

its nicely painted but i personally find there to be too many colours that just dont mesh nicely

blue, purple, yellow, white, red and metals

its not completely overwhelming, but i find it too busy and that tends to take away from certain things-detail, the focus, etc

Starks thats a good point you want to iver stick with warm colours (reds oranges etc.) or cold colours (blues purples etc.) maybe not have so maney colours but diffrent shades. but its a cool modol any way. and i like the bannar (photoshop is such a good programme)

Starscream
22-05-2006, 06:42 PM
Yes, I agree with previous posts, too many colours. Even though I really like purple and red.
An armour is , except for protection, also suppose to envoke awe and fear upon the beholder. Like animals or insects have primal colours for signaling different things. So ask yourself, how would you react if you saw Lucious the Infragilis
in person?
;)

NathanS
22-05-2006, 07:31 PM
I thought it was more for protection and heraldry.

Kiefer13
22-05-2006, 08:30 PM
If I saw him in person i\'d blind him with my lasgun and run like hell... :laugh:

Starscream
23-05-2006, 01:01 AM
I\'m pretty sure there is also a psychological aspect to it.
The primal colours are found everywhere in nature. Not to mention human history.
Think of the Celts with their painted faces and bodies in battle.
The Space Marine chapters all have primal colours; Blood Angels with the red, Ultramarines with the blue, Imperial Fist with the yellow etc. There is no pastels..:)
You always have the shoulder pads to use more colours on.

grinkohof
23-05-2006, 01:14 AM
nice work, i really like the colour scheme! B)

grinkohof

Starscream
23-05-2006, 03:44 AM
Btw I think you did a nice job on your model.
Sorry, I forgot to mention it before because I was busy talking about the colours :) .

Skidy
23-05-2006, 05:10 AM
thnx for all the comments guys. I guess i went for the multitude of colours as i got bored of paintin a 3 or 4 colour model which had no depth, but yes it is pretty full on ill agree, but hey its eye catching.