PDA

View Full Version : Plasti card?

Skidy
17-05-2006, 03:47 PM
So, I want to do a new scenery project. Some type of building.

Where in the UK can i get plasticard from? because ive never seen it for sale in any modeling shops ive been to :blink:

also I need some chiken wire or thin wire mesh to make fences, would somewhere like homebase or b&q sell that?

Im stummped!

thnx for any info you can provide.

torn
17-05-2006, 07:13 PM
i buy plasticard off the internet.

chicken wire should be anywhere that sells gardening supplies

Skidy
17-05-2006, 07:17 PM
cheers for that, did u get the card from a modeling site? or could I just google pasticard?

NathanS
17-05-2006, 07:17 PM
I do not know about england but i know that i have a shop up the road from me that carries plasticard. Stores that sell model trains sell it even though they do not know what plasticard is.

mark
17-05-2006, 08:11 PM
i get plasticard of ebay chicken wire you can get from a god diy shop

Indra
17-05-2006, 08:21 PM
Dont use chicken mesh. Its too big. Go to any car body repair shop such as Halfords and buy the aluminium mesh for bodywork repairs. The grade of the holes in it is perfect for 40k scale mini\'s. The only time you wanna use chicken mesh is when you wanna brace up a bit of card to make a cliff or something.

:)

mark
17-05-2006, 08:24 PM
IndraFurya wrote:

Dont use chicken mesh. Its too big. Go to any car body repair shop such as Halfords and buy the aluminium mesh for bodywork repairs. The grade of the holes in it is perfect for 40k scale mini\'s. The only time you wanna use chicken mesh is when you wanna brace up a bit of card to make a cliff or something.

:) that stuffs also good for baseing minis

DavicusPrime
17-05-2006, 11:24 PM
Plasticard: I\'ve had the best luck finding it at model train shops. More often I\'ve heard it called Styrene sheet/strip stock. There are two brands that are carried by my local hobby shop... Annoyingly, I can\'t remember either name (helpful, I know).

For Orkish or even Imperial stuff, I found some cool srip stock that has a hexagonal cross section. Just drill a hole in the center and slice off thin bits and you have some large nuts to use for detailing your buildings/vehicles.

For mesh, there are a few different things to use depending on use: the autobody mesh would be good for fencing. I\'ve heard of using window screening mesh too but it\'s not as sturdy. For decking I have found some plastic mesh used for cross-stitch projects that I plan to use. It\'s the same stuff they used in the return to Space Hulk article in the Black Gobbo. That\'s where I got the idea at least.

My next project is going to be a ruined refinery and I\'m going to be using the cross-stitch mesh on the cat-walk and platforms along the tops of the holding tanks.

-DavicusPrime

Indra
18-05-2006, 12:04 AM
oh hell yes! Cross stitch mesh! I forgot about that! My missus does counted cross stitch on aida cloth so she never uses it, but if she did use it...

Well, I like to build terrain and she\'d never finish a cross stitch

:D