PDA

View Full Version : 2k orcs

Guzzlrr
19-05-2008, 05:44 PM
I think this may be potentally nasty ... what do you all think CnC welcome!

Heroes

Black orc Big Boss - 85

orc big boss 74
+choppa

orc big boss 74
+choppa

core

Orc Boyz (30) -240
+ choppa and full command

Orc Boyz (30) -240

Orc Boyz (30) -240

Orc Boyz (30) -240

Orc Boyz (30) -170
full command

Orc Boyz (30) -170
full command

Gobblin Forest spider riders 160
command

Special

boar boys 1 (5) 147
command

boar boys 2 (5) 147
command

Wraithlord
20-05-2008, 01:53 AM
Ummm... well, first you need hitting power. Try some war machines.
Next, you need an eliteist killer. Try grimgor and some black orcs, just some black orcs, or a few chariots.
At this range of points you need a shaman and at least one dispel scroll. If not, you die from elves, skaven, empire, ect..
After that, try some shields. They will keep you alive in combat and offer some more range protection.
I do like the thirty man units, are you going to go 6x5 or 5x6 (across by deep)?
I agree orc shooting is crud, but a few diposable, 60 pt. 10 man shoota boyz will make some light squads that can respond fairly fast.
Then, you need a sink/superhard. Try 3 or more trolls, a GIGANTIC snotling mob (or two) or at best - a giant.

What my sugegstions would do is give you a smaller list that can hit hard units like grail knights, chosen and blood knights; survive magic; hurt monsters cast some spells (gorks warpath is great) and, you could have some orcs that have a much better combat save, plus a good general.

As an after thought, savage orc boarboyz with shields (i think they can have them?) are much hard and hit harder.

All of this is my view, but if you want to drown them in greenskinz, be my guest. But expect high casualties.

Also, peruse the magic itmes. Most of it is crud, but there are some gems.

Guzzlrr
21-05-2008, 08:30 AM
lol i just thought it would be nasty no means of bolt throwers/organ gun could take out that amount of sheer numbers, pluss i ant got that much Cash lol (or patience to paint them all Haha)

GuZZ

Your Conscience
21-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I think that you really have to get some form of magic defence in this list because without it and only 2 dispel dice it will be horribly mauled in magic