PDA

View Full Version : 2k lizardmen army list

mastershaper
17-05-2008, 07:23 PM
ok i have written this army list because im thinking of giving my lizardmen a new lick of paint

so here it is

Slaan Mage Priest 410pts
3rd generation

skink priest 115pts
2 Dispel scrolls

scar-veteran 126pts
great weapon
light armour
mark of quetzl and sotek

10 Skinks 60pts

10 Skinks 60pts

10 Skinks 70pts
scouts

3 Jungle swarms 180pts

18 Saurus 266pts
mark of the Quetzl
Full command

16 Saurus 252pts
mark of the Quetzl
Full command

5 Chameleon skinks 75pts

3 Terradons 105pts

17 Saurus 284pts
mark of the Quetzl and sotek
Full command

ok what do you think?

Indra
19-05-2008, 11:59 AM
From what I can gather this seems to be a nice little list. What are you giving the skinks? Blowpipes or javelins only?

From what I can see you'll be relying on poisoned attacks to hurt bigger things and the Slaan to help out with the nasty biggies.

Plenty of troops, so you should be able to weather the storm of attrition.

My only issue is how easily you might be flanked without any fast units, sure you have terradons, but they're quite fragile... Slamanders are amazing antiflank units... find some points for them and I'd be worried about playing you.

Indra

Farskit
19-05-2008, 02:53 PM
I am concerned about how you're going to deal with elite units. None of your units have the strength to take them head on, and let's face you cannot avoid a solid unit of, say, knights, that's out to get you.

Tall, big meanies can be dealt with with blowpipes, but harder units such as Knights or in fact anything with a solid save is going to be a major pain. Bretonnians will have a field day, but then again they do against most armies.

I would, honestly, drop a unit of Saurus, and get a Stegadon, or Kroxigors, two units of them. Also, I would tend to drop the ineffective 5-skink unit. Get two more terradons with the points.

mastershaper
19-05-2008, 03:19 PM
ok thanks i was thinking of boosting two units of saurus and dropping one all together
this saves points for kroxigor and to upgrade to 2nd gen slaan and 2nd level s priest
i was planning on using the 3base jungle swarm to guard one flank and use the table edge the other

i would love a stegadon but its expensive and then i think i couldnt fit the other things in

im giving my skinks blowpipes to get the best use of poison

Farskit
19-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Blowpipes are very nice, but you need to be closer than 6" for them to have any real effect (else it's move and fire twice at long range:7+ to hit, which negates the poison).

Try fitting a unit with Javelins, just to test: I've found the increased accuracy (you'll almost always hit on 4+) very useful. Not to mention the extra close combat save.

mastershaper
20-05-2008, 07:09 PM
ok re wrote army list with all suggestions taken into mind and with a few ideas of my own

Slaan mage priest 425pts
3rd gen slaan
plaque of tepok

skink priest 115pts
2 dispel scrolls

scar -veteran 161pts
great weapon
light armour
sotek
quetzl
gleaming pendant of chotek

19 saurus 318pts
Full command
Sotek
Quetzl

20 Saurus 300pts
Full command
Quetzl

10 skinks 60pts
javelins

10 skinks 70pts
scout
blowpipes

10 skinks 70pts
scout
blowpipes

3 Kroxigors 174pts

3 Salamanders 195pts

3 Terradons 105pts

ok know what do YOU think?

Your Conscience
31-05-2008, 09:40 AM
I really like this list it has basically everything covered meaning that it can take part in every stage of the game and do damage. The only thing that i would recommend is that you have some scouting skinks so that you can stop there scout from being placed in annoying places. Also which unit is the saurs scar veteran going in?

Lion El'Jonson
31-05-2008, 07:16 PM
i would be tempted to guess that since the Scar vet has Sotek and Quetzl as blessed spawnings that he would be going with the unit that has 19 saurus and also has the same spawnings. could be wrong but that's what i would be doing.

Not that i use Blessed spawnings often enough in my games.

i have not used Terradons since they removed the "Drop Rock" rule. i would be tempted to try and get a stegadon in there love how hard they hit and the great unit strength.

mastershaper
02-06-2008, 08:48 PM
sry i havent replyed recently been busy

ok ill take a look at the suggested things