16-05-2006, 01:35 AM
can somebody tell me how to make carapace not tell me the pros and cons of it

ps: killer cheese gaurdsmen hawke check your private message inbox

c02
16-05-2006, 04:13 AM
i presume its extended carapace for nids? use the bits tht come on the sprues

torn
16-05-2006, 06:10 AM
if you mean human carapace thats just a breastplate and possibly other plate armoured parts

Intellectawe
16-05-2006, 07:47 AM
um....

Pros - makes your model harder to kill
Cons - costs points

marneuscalgar9
17-05-2006, 10:02 PM
it is human and i asked not to be told the pros and cons

DavicusPrime
17-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Well... I haven\'t made any for humans but I have made some makeshift \'Evy Armor for my Ork Warboss.

I used plastic sheet, cut plates out of it and glued them on the model in an overlapping pattern. The source of the plastic was an old credit card...

That would be one way to do it: cut out and shape plastic plates to affix to the model to represent carpace armor. The trick is making it look good and getting it to fit the model. After that, it\'ll just be a matter of mass producing the plates to outfit your army.

For an Ork army this is pretty easy since I don\'t have to make anything look the same. But all the other armies require that you have some uniformity. For the warboss, he already had a couple plates as part of the sculpt, I just added more plates. A thigh and knee guard for one leg, an extended series of plates for one shoulder guard and a couple random plates bolted on to his shirt or strapped to an arm and he was good.

The second way would be to sculpt it using Green stuff or a cheaper substitute. Build up the shoulder plates, add greaves (shin guards) and vanbraces (forearm guards).

Hope this helps.

-DavicusPrime

Intellectawe
17-05-2006, 11:02 PM
Sorry. I misread your post.

Just use plasticard and use that as armor.

Indra
17-05-2006, 11:09 PM
Intellectawe, I\'ll boost your Karma if you can do an article on the use of plasticard to make carapace plates. I\'ve seen your work and I think that a step by step would be of great assistance to the site, and also give people a further insight into your other work which your site deals with.

And we all know that karma can only be a good thing.

:)

The Dim Reaper
17-05-2006, 11:21 PM
Except when you do bad things:(

If your loaded then you can buy a load of Storm Troopers and make then look less cool.

Cut wires of hellguns for example.

Dim

Intellectawe
18-05-2006, 01:16 PM
-Indra
Oh, I can do that :) Because you ask so nicely... Give me a few days please sir! *licks your boots*

Indra
18-05-2006, 02:40 PM
excellent, try to get some good pics in there too. I know how small the components are that you need to make to make the conversion and without some decent snaps its gonna be tricky as hell for any first timers out there.

:)