PDA

View Full Version : Starting a chaos army

Aeries
22-04-2008, 04:17 PM
I am thinking of starting a chaos army but i dont know if i should i have been told by the manager of my local gw that a chaos army is diffecult to use can you give me any advice.

Skrall
22-04-2008, 04:20 PM
I can be of massive help here since i\'ve been playin chaos for around five years,

they are easy to play, they are now a lot like space marines, but more flavour in the units. My advise is look at the codex, if you like the sort of things it has going for it, then start an army!

troops are solid, the elites are even more variable than a space marines, and some of the heavy support and HQ\'s are just plain fun!

One way or another people are gonna love/hate what you choose, so why not go with what you want and sod them off?

hawke

Aeries
22-04-2008, 04:22 PM
chaos in fanticy i mean.

Skrall
22-04-2008, 04:39 PM
lol well the same rules are in effect, i\'ve seen alot of them in action and have been tempted myself,

so lets start with the basics,

The troops are some of the cheapest and hardest in the game,
the cavalry is something to be truely terrefied off, as they are also one of the heavy hitting armies in the game,
the anti-magic dice for a khorne army is insane... i mean epic numbers of dice,
some of their commander units are also insanely agressive,

personally i have an orc army, but thats simply because of the goblins i have left over fromt he starter kit and black orcs... however if i was to play fantasy more than one a year, i personally would invest in a good chaos army. However again i would still advise looking at the army book first,

hawke

Aeries
22-04-2008, 04:52 PM
i have looked through it and waht got me realy tempted is the modle arkaoc on foot the local gw i go to gave me him and a box of skelles for my birthday.