PDA

View Full Version : 1K - Mortal Nurgle army

Contagion
21-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Greetings all!

My first time posting here and already asking for advice ;)

I was fiddling on a start for a mortal Nurgle army at 1K. I play at a local place with 8-10 other regulars. We often have small tournaments on weekends at 1K. A smallish nurgle force is beginning to shape up as my latest project. Opinions and comments appreciated.

Armylist #1

Heroes:
Exhalted champion w/ MoN, shield

Core
12 Chaos warriors w/ Full command, shields & MoN
12 Chaos warriors w/ Full command, shields & MoN
5 Chaos Knights w/ Fullcommand, shields & MoN

This leaves me about 60-70 points short of 1000. Maybe some cheap wargear for the lord (mount?), maybe some nurglings... I dont know.

Armylist #2

The second army list is just to mess with the others. I consider them friends, so I think they can take a joke. The second list is as follows:

Heroes:
Great Unclean One

Core:
10 Chaos warriors with shields & MoN
10 Chaos warriors with shields & MoN

This adds up to exactly 1000 points. I know I probably won\'t do squat with this list (too much hanging on just one model), but as I said... It could be a blast just one tourney. The look on their faces when I plop down a Greater daemon in a 1K battle...

What do you think of the list (mainly list #1)? I know I\'m going to have few models considering they all got MoN. But I would like to keep the army all nurglish. Any suggestions what to fill up list #1 with?

Cheers!

Post edited by: Contagion, at: 2008/04/21 13:28

Post edited by: Contagion, at: 2008/04/21 13:33

Your Conscience
21-04-2008, 07:44 PM
The first list is alright but the numbers onb the chaos warriors should be 15 at least because to get ranks they have to be 5 wide and not 4. Also with this list you do need some magic protection.
With the secoind list it is illegal because the great unclean one is a lord choice and therefore in a 1000 points you cant take him. IMO stay with the first list but try and get some magic defence

Palfy
21-04-2008, 08:27 PM
Personally id hang fire just over a month before you decide on an army list.
According to the latest WD, there will be an official get you by list comming out in WD June

Dont like the lists too much - too small for my liking being a skaven player, and i like to include a sorcerer whenever possable for that extra magic defence

The Cassmasta
22-04-2008, 12:13 AM
I agree with Palfy... at just 30 models (probly more when you update thwe warrior units to current rank standards) you will be hard pressed to take any real advantage. You are outclassed in missile, magic and mobility.

I don\'t play Chaos so i cant make any particular suggestions, but i would recommend a chaos sorcerer instead of the exalted champ, especially since with your heavy armored army a hero will just add mroe of the same instead of smoothing out the rough spots.

And if you dropped a Great Unclean One during a 1K game, the look on your opponents face will be one of pure mockery as you just made a fool of yourself.

Guzzlrr
22-04-2008, 12:20 AM
#1 sounds kl but there is a problem with your 2nd army list, when a deamon leads an army mortal unnits become special in stead of being core, just like how deamonic are special when are lead by a mortal general.

sorry and i hope this helps in the process of elimination lol

GuZZ

Contagion
22-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the input guys!

Sounds like I\'m going to have to do a remake of list one. Thanks for the comments & opinions!

Your Conscience
22-04-2008, 10:57 PM
I agree with Palfy just wait for a bit before you take the plunge of getting a new army just wait and see on the demon rulebook cos i have seen it and it looks very impressive

Guzzlrr
23-04-2008, 05:04 AM
yeah and chaos (warhammer FB) are getting done up in August there is a post about it some were ...... unlukly for me i already bought the codex when i foundn this out. lol

Contagion
23-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Are chaos mortals getting redone this year?

Your Conscience
19-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Yes chaos mortals are being redone in the coming months. Check out the new white dwarf for details