PDA

View Full Version : Aeronautica Imperialis

Aun O Vader
03-04-2008, 04:23 PM
ok guys, I\'ve finally had the chance to give this game a try, and I\'m impressed.

It\'s quick, it\'s really easy, and it\'s a LOT of fun. in fact, so much so, I\'m going to break my vow and buy some models to play it. yes, I know I said I would never buy anything from FW again, but in this case, I think I need to bite the bullet and go for it.

oh the humility, having to do this.

But it is fun, a lot of fun!

Indra
03-04-2008, 05:27 PM
What kind of system is it to play?

How are the turns and so on? CAn in compare say to BFG or is it utterly different?

Indra

Aun O Vader
03-04-2008, 06:06 PM
it plays differently to other games, you roll for priority each turn, highest moving first. you then alternate moving units.

each unit has a speed and altitude. you move your speedx2\" with most fighters, and then each unit conducts a single special manoeuvre. you have to select every manoeuvre for your units before the turn starts. manoeuvres include turns dives and loops. many of them change your altitude and speed as well as position. you can reach stalling speed or hit the ground. the whole thing gets quite involved, and you have to try and work out what your opponent will do before the turn starts, it\'s gets really difficult.

you finish all your moving before you start shooting, and then can only shoot depending on your position in distance and altitude, so you can only shoot someone at the same height level or one different.

I really enjoy the game because it\'s quick, very easy to learn, and completely different to the other games I play.

Aun O Vader
29-04-2008, 04:29 AM
ok guys, I\'ve already mentioned that I\'ve fallen for this game, and we have a local gaming group in which there are at least half a dozen air groups, I\'ve finally got my hands on mine and this is the first stage of painting for my planes.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k289/gordonjljones/GW%20pics/100_2461.jpg

I\'ve tried to get an individual colour scheme for each aircraft, but I\'ve used colours themselves to group the nightwings into two aircraft teams.

I\'d appreaciate comments and hopefully i\'ll get a game in soon and be able to give you all a bit more feedback on the game itself.