PDA

View Full Version : Learning Necromunda - for the disinterested type

Wraithlord
02-04-2008, 05:43 AM
I am try to start necromunda, and I have posted some stuff on it. I only have one big block left: The person I want start to play necro with is dubious- hence the thread title. So I need two things.
1 A good argument for him to start.
2 A good, basic, not to complex list that will give him (and me) a good graps of the game without getting to advanced. I was thinking Orlocks to keep it general and the other criteria was it had to have some of everything her eis what I came up with (we would both start with the same list):

House: Orlock

Leader 230
Chainsword, Flamer, Laspistol, Frag Grenades

Heavy 280
Heavy Bolter, Lasgun, Laspistol

Ganger 90
Shotgun, Bolt shells

Ganger 75
Lasgun

Ganger 75
Lasgun

Ganger 75
Lasgun

Ganger 75
Lasgun

Juve 50
Autopistol, Club

Juve 50
Autopistol, Club

Total: 1000

Tallarn
02-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Honnestly id consider switching out a ganger for a Juve, the Juves advance faster and will get him interested in the advancement system right away; and hopefully the rest of the game.

Id also consider using up money for your gang on \'useless\' stuff like I did with my gang to get my wife interested. You dont want to smoke him right off the bat, you are going to have to account for his in-experience by reducing your numbers... check out my previous post here. (http://www.astronomican.com/index.php?option=com_joomlaboard&Itemid=27&func=vi ew&catid=5&id=84776#84776)

Adrassil
02-04-2008, 06:15 PM
Necromunda sounds freaking cool could you have Eldar in it by any chance? Most likely not but I could think up good fluff to say why they are there.
Anyway how is it played? Your guys level up and stuff right?

Indra
02-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Thats an excellent starting gang, and I think you\'d have some fun with that on both sides of the game.

Getting some interesting turf is a good way to keep interest up. Give him Vents, and a Settlement to start with and roll up the rest. They\'re not bug earners, but he can deploy on the table with vents in a better manner and the settlement allows the chance of a free juve every so often, as well as money, so its a nice bonus. Roll up the rest as normal.

And terrain. Get some nice terrain sorted out as having a nice table really makes people wanna play.

Indra