PDA

View Full Version : 1k Eshin Army

The Cassmasta
15-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Not sure exactly what will constitute a good eshin army. Its tempting to go the all skirmishing route, but i can\'t can\'t imagine a skaven army without the ratling gun *drool*

Eshin Sorcerer- Dispel Scroll- 100

Assassin- Warpstone Stars- 155

Chieftain with heavy armor, weeping blade, BSB- 119

11 Night Runners, Add HW, Nightleader- 80

10 Gutter Runners, black skaven- poisoned hw and stars- 192

4 Jezzails- 80

19 storm Vermin with full command- Umbranner- Ratling gun- 272

quartdime
05-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Looks good to me

Your Conscience
06-07-2008, 08:18 PM
This isnt a clan eshin list because you have used storm vermin in the army list so just go for a normal skaven list so that you can take ralting guns. Also i dont see the point in taking storm vermin. Finally are you using the list from the back of the book? if not you havent got any clan rats which are your main stay unit. I wouldnt take jezzails because in small numbers they arent that gd in small numbers

nekofelin
09-07-2008, 06:55 AM
actually this is a clan eshin list in the back of the book! this is the less than adequate one compared to the PDF version from the storm of Chaos(?) one but atm the storm of chaos(?) one is lost in the new US website never to be seen again and apparently up the grapevine is banned from GW tourneys (all of the storm of chaos and such apparently)
anyways on to critique this is a very cool list! at 1 k i would drop the gutter runners as they seem to be sucking up very valuable points! and since you are not using the clan eshin in the SoC rule you don't get that whole night fighting rule either so any good magic spell or shooting will toast your skirmishers in one go and all you will have left are the stormvermin which let's face it going up against empire halberds they have just only a slightly better chance to beat them! and this is not even your basic men these are your elite rats! your ratling gun is a good choice just don't go over board with the rolling (as sometimes i would inevitably do and kill the poor gun) it seems you will need a lot of rats and since your night runners are now your mainstay unit you want lots of those guys and then put blocks of either slaves or clanrats out to fill out your block! at 1k you have 47 models including your heroes and honestly speaking this is very small for skaven. for skaven you want as many as possible! for me 1k would be about 100+ models! but since you want to go the skirmishing route i would recommend more night runners (about 3-4 ten rat squad so that with xhw 7x10 = 70 points x 4 = 210 points) gah since it's late i will comment more on tomorrow when i get the chance (12am here and school at 7 :o)

edit: well i have the chance now so i will add a bit more to this.
the jezzails are too small for them to be any effective against things. you might want to drop them and add slaves instead or in your case more night runners! you have to remeber though that your night runners are unarmoured which can be very detrimental to anything from magic missiles to heavily armoured foes which can block your attacks efficently. as a skaven player you have to look to combat res an enemy to death. your basic men can only beat zombies and skeletons in a 1 on 1 fight and being unarmoured skirmishers does not help them in a fight where even a goblin has a shield to speak of. also the fact that your men being skirmishers can not negate enemy flanks be careful not to get bogged down if you can't destroy him to death in one go then you might be in a world of pain! the thing that you have going for you is the fact you are as fast as an avg elf so use your init as an advantage!

Your Conscience
21-08-2008, 09:04 AM
I think that we have some trying to sell something here

Palfy
21-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Eshin Sorcerer- Dispel Scroll- 100
-Fine

Assassin- Warpstone Stars- 155
-Fine

Chieftain with heavy armor, weeping blade, BSB- 119
-Cant quite see this guy being effective. BSB are good for skaven,yes. But. He has next to no armor that will easily be negated and if he dies its easy VP's. If hes challenged by any decent character(assuming the storm vermin champ is dead), he will probs go to the back, therefore the weeping blade is useless. I would go for either a BSB or a combat cheiftain, not a hybrid

11 Night Runners, Add HW, Nightleader- 80
-11 isnt a good number. Skirmishers cant claim ranks, and only 6-7 max will be able to attack the enemy. Need more units. i suggest 4 units of 7 with additional handweapons, no champion

10 Gutter Runners, black skaven- poisoned hw and stars- 192
- Very expensive. Split unit into 2x 5, and drop the poisoned stars.

4 Jezzails- 80
-All or nothing. 4 jezzails will do very little. Get 8-10 or dont get any

19 storm Vermin with full command- Umbranner- Ratling gun- 272
- Again very expensive unit, fairly easy to kill. I would drop these completely. If you really want a ratling gun, get a minimum size unit of clannies

Overall the list is wayy to small for skaven.
I would go something like -
Sorcerer, scroll
Assassin, warstone stars
Cheiftain, H. Armor, enchanted shiled, Halberd, Bands of power

5 "Naked" (Oh my!) Night runners
4x 7 night runners, Additional hand weapon
20 clanrats, musician, banner, ratling gun
2x 20 slaves, musician

2x 5 Gutter runners, Champ, poisoned hand weapons

This gives you numbers, disposable units (slaves, 5 man night runners), Fair LD from the cheiftain plus that ratling gun you wanted

Cheers