PDA

View Full Version : 1.5K Vampire counts List

Your Conscience
10-03-2008, 09:04 PM
Title says it all really i am basing this around Konrads army thats why there is only 2 vampire in the list and a necrommancer. For the other vampire model i am using a hunter from mordehim to reflect the feral nature and crazed nature of the vampires with konrad.

Heores
Konrad
Total 145

Vampire 100
Helm of Commandment
Extra magic level
Total

Necrommancer
Book of Archan
Extra Spell
Total 105

Core
19 Skeletons
Standard
Musician
Total 164

19 Skeletons
Standard
Musician
Total 164

20 Zombies
Musician
Total 84

20 Zombies
Musician
Total 84

20 Grave Guard
Banner of The Barrows
Full Command
Total 315

6 Black Knights
Full Command
Standard of Hellish Vigour
Barding
Total 233

Over all 1500
Still got 36 points left

Post edited by: Your Conscience, at: 2008/03/11 17:42

Wraithlord
11-03-2008, 05:00 AM
Looks good to me, you have a cavalry element along with an elite unti and a solid leadership and amount of cores. Do you plan to expand to 2000 or more?

Your Conscience
11-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Yeah i do plan on expanding to 2K cos i already have 3K of points im just getting familiary with the rules with a \"smaller\" army

Eternus
13-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Is the points cost for the second Vampire correct? Don't they cost 100 without any kit?

Indra
14-05-2008, 08:59 AM
The list seems solid with good levels of foot troops, but I urge the memory from you that the game will see newly raised units throughout and you have just one fast moving unit. I'd get some fast cav in there too if I were you to support the knights.

Otherwise, just the original question upon the cost of the vamp.

Indra

hurons fallen
07-06-2008, 03:24 AM
Yes vampire cost 100pts basic. Anyway i like the helm of commandment idea (something about a WS7 and two WS6 skeleton units i just cant get over (Remeber that the character with the helm can't be engaged for it to be used which is ok cos vampires die pretty easy in the scheme of thing, Though the avatar of death will help there). The basic list looks ok though you will probably want to take heed of the cavalry comment above as the counts army's are a little bit stagnant. Konrad is a solid combat specilist but be carfull as the army will start to die off quickly once he dies so you want to keep him alive as long as possible (Or put another hero in to act as the army general and main magical barrager and use konrad as the tip of the sword). One more plan i thought of is to get 3-4 vampires all with Lord of the dead (Raise skeleton units above starting size and +1 when casting invhocation of nehek on skeletons) and as many power dice as you can get, watch the points but i wrote up a vampire lord that costs 554pts (A bit expensive considering its for a 2000pt army so i had to reconsider, As a note he generates 4 power dice and 2 dispell dice just on his own. Add to that the 6 power and 2 dipell dice from the other vampires and youve got 10 power dice and 6 dipell dice then add two power stones and two black phaiphat and you have the potetial to unleash 16 power dice in one magic phase all with a +1 to taget skeltons and can bring them above starting size. Moral: you take lots of 10-15 man skeleton units with either Banner of endless nightmare (Can add up to +4 resolution for ranks) or Banner of the dead leigion (Treat unit as having twice its actual strength). Then if you can fit it in a scepter de norit (raise D3+9 zombies with each sucsessfull raise dead). Now you deploy so that your units cover almost all of the board in your deployment zone and raise as many skeletons into these units as possibile. When the enemy hit your nearly unbreakable units (With a possible WS 7 or 6) raise units of zombies into there flank and break them that way (unless they flee for being outnumberd by fear causing enemies). The only problem's are flyers (can charge over your wall of dead bodies), war machines (can shoot over your wall of dead bodies) and anything else that can smash though or by-pass your wall of dead bodies, so you might want some fellbats or cavalry to counter or re-direct any units that could cause serious problems. Hope it was some help.

Your Conscience
10-06-2008, 12:23 PM
Im not doing this list anymroe so could a mod lock this. Instead i will post up other lists or something along these lines like some of my growing vampire army that is all painted and at 5000!.