PDA

View Full Version : \'Not so\' Venerable Dreadnought

The Dim Reaper
10-05-2006, 02:01 AM
I\'m currently in the middle of making my own custom SM Chapter and I wanted to put their original chapter master in a dread. now the Chapter is very young (barely 500 years old)and only on their second Master.

Anyway I was looking at the new Venerable Dreadnought and saw many things that I loved such as the close combat weapon and some that I hated, like the new legs (I\'m more of an ass man myself!)

I was thinking of combining the original dreadnought and the new one to create one that looks revered but not ancient.

So I was wondering, how would the front torso of the old dread fit in with the rest of the venerable dreadnouhgt model.

Also, sure give me your opinion on the idea as well.

torn
10-05-2006, 02:05 AM
sounds like an interesting idea - although a chapter so young would be unlikely to have any dreadnaughts, or any terminator armour, as these revert back to the dark age of technology. Still if your chapter did have one dreadnaught thats who would be in it.

Indra
10-05-2006, 05:55 AM
I\'d wait till it come out and when you local GW builds one ask them if you can physically hold it and compare it to a standard dread.

I did with carnies and they were very helpful. That way you can get a real idea about whether or not it will work, without wasting cash first.

mark
10-05-2006, 10:04 PM
sounds like a good idea i love dreadghouts there my favroite SM modol but the new one is so over priced. plus you might want to make sure weather its a metal or plastic kit since the metal becuase the body might be all one part with just sepreate arms. just do what Indra said

Skrall
10-05-2006, 10:09 PM
I like the new dread, got it on order, he only thing i\'m doin is so cut of the combat arm and use my other dreads one, its a good idea.

Hawke