Tiranoc Chariot- 85

Lion Chariot- 140

2 Repeating Bolt Throwers- 200

Power Dice- 6 +d3, 1 Bound Spell

Dispel- 3 + 1; 2 Dispel Scrolls

Farskit
05-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Looks mighty fine to me:)

in which units will you put your characters?

The Cassmasta
05-02-2008, 11:26 PM
I want to put the Archmage in the Swordmaster Unit to be close to the Banner.
The Noble Will most likely lead the Spearmen, and the Mage will be in the White Lions.

I miscalc'ed, so the Spears should have a champ.

I am having trouble deciding between a small unit of Reavers or the Tiranoc Chariot. Reavers a re twice as fast but wont pack the same whallop. The Chariot seems to win the toss up for flank devistation possibilities, though without alot of calvary the Reavers may be valuable in slowing down the enemy units.
What do you guys think?

Farskit
05-02-2008, 11:35 PM
I'd put a mage in the Archers instead, since you'll be looking for close combat with the Lions and Swordmasters, so perhaps it'll be a bit risky to put mages in these units.

As for the Chariot, I think you should keep it. It has much more punch than Reavers.

Indra
06-02-2008, 12:17 AM
With chariots you get good impact, but generally only to the front as they CANNOT MARCH (unless these High Elf ones can- I'm not sure) so they're only any good in the first instance when supporting the troops. If you want to score those flank charges (which in my opinion is harder to achieve but far more effective) then it'll have to be the reavers. Personally I'd opt for the fast cavalry as they can really roll up a flank by removing the valuable rank bonuses that the enemy troops normally recieve, plus the bonus to the combat resolution you get as well.

Indra

The Cassmasta
06-02-2008, 01:11 AM
The High Elf Chariots are just like the other of their ilk and only get their regular move.

Is their a good strategy to having mages in combat units?
I had considered the fact that I want the elite units in combat but I don't necessarily want the mages in said combat. However, I want to protect them against assassins and random cannonballs, and possibly share the wealth of the shield of saphery.

Maybe I will just put them in the archer regiment, but they just don't radiate 'safety'.

Farskit
06-02-2008, 01:16 AM
Yes, that is true.

Perhaps, then, the proud Asuryan will be able to mash the enemies that could hurt the mages before they get a chance to do so. Seeing as you strike first and with quite some punch... You should have a decent chance of protecting your mage.

The Cassmasta
06-02-2008, 02:49 AM
I plan on taking high magic with the archmage (I cant think of anything more effective at leveling the troublesome horde armies than Flames of the Pheonix,) but it has occured to me that I can take any of the college spells.
Having very few warhammer games since the new edition under my belt, I was wondering if there is a summary of the college schools which would make quick choosing of spells easy. Perhaps a spreadsheet as too what each magics strengths, weaknesses, best armies to use against or definitely not use, etc...