PDA

View Full Version : 2000 point High Elf list

Trykoth
26-01-2008, 01:07 PM
The following list is an army that can annoy players with shooting but still be able to fight in close combat. Using the amazing special character, Tyrion, I plan on annihalating units with his 1+ armour save and 4+ ward save. Also using two mages to cast defensive and offensive spells across the battlefield.

Tyrion’s Garrison of Hoeth

Tyrion – Heart of Avelorn, Sunfang, Dragon armour of Aenarion, Malhandir = 400

Noble: Trykoth the Swift – Great Weapon, Armour of Caledor, Talisman of Loec = 138

Mage: Malakhorr the Wise – Lv 2, Annulian Crystal = 175

Mage: Folariath, Loremaster of Saphery – Lv 2, Folariath’s Robe = 180

Spearmen: Fighters of Radiance – 15 models, Full Command = 160

Lothern Sea Guard: Patrollers of the Elven Seas – 15 Models, full command, shields = 220

Archers: Bowman of the Forests – 10 models = 110

Ellyrian Reavers: Snipers of Ellyrian – 5 models, bow, light armour, Harbinger = 102

Swordmasters of Hoeth: Protectors of the Tower – Full command, 15 models, The Gem of Courage = 265

Great Eagles: Liberators of the Sky – 3 Great Eagles = 150

Repeater Bolt Thrower: Chaos Bane = 100

Indra
26-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Seems like a sund list with some good tact thron in there. I think that maybe the high volume of points ni the Heroes and Lords might affect you later on in the game, but its goint to be a question of the balance between those costly models dying and earning thier points back in between. The main body of the force is very well balanced, so careful deployment might allow you to counter this.

Indra

Trykoth
27-01-2008, 02:49 AM
Thanks Indra. I tried to balance my units well so that Tyrion may be able to attack wihout losing many wounds. Tyrion was a good addition to my army because I noticed the good armour and ward save and the regenerate rule. Also, magic heavy armies will have trouble killing tyrion with magic due to his Magic Resistance (2). I find this list good with shooting, magic, and Close Combat. The local GW is hosting an escalation league and it'll reach 2k points in a couple of weeks so I'll be able to get enough points to get higher in the ranks.

Farskit
27-01-2008, 03:05 AM
I also think you've got yourself a solid list there.

You have the ways to deal with heavy shooting lists, sush as the Empire or Dwarves, and you also have some good close combat units, with Tyrion to help break the most resilient enemy obstacles.

Trykoth
27-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Thanks Farskit. What I learned from a warhammer veteran is that when deploying, think of where you want to strike and how. Also, the movement phase will decide how the battle turns out. What I plan to do with this list is to drive units towards terrain and box them in or have the enemy units spread out, opening the flanks and allowing flank charges and twice the carnage.

Indra
27-01-2008, 02:01 PM
The only catch is that with armies like this they expext you to fly for the flanks. What you need to do is double up and use certain units in conjunction with others. For example, use the Great Eagles to present a foe to one side of the front arc of an enemy unit (i.e. on the cusp of being a flank facing arc) and a hard hitting unit on the other. Make sure that tactically you can get the charge.

Then the enemy are left with a few choices. Charge you before they get charged or stand still and shoot and reciev a charge. If they go for either of your units they expose a flank to the other and then you swoop in for the kill. If the charge the eagles, you flee them, if they charge the hard hitters recieve the charge.

Play the doubles game in this way and leave them no choice but to attack or be attacked and flee the right units at the right time so they can come back and assist.

Hope this helped.

Indra

Ch4o5 Sp4c3 m4r1n3
30-01-2008, 12:48 AM
you have got loads of list there :ohmy: :ohmy:

Trykoth
03-02-2008, 12:17 PM
My main concern is against a guy who plays skaven. I know that they can shoot through combat with those lightning cannons and they can annoy you with all of their uber magic and cannons.

The Warsmith
03-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Skaven? Id say dragons, cavalry and as much shooty death as possible

ive never fought them though

or played as high elves (silly ponces with their magic sleeves and all that)

Trykoth
09-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Well, combat screws you against skaven so I'm going to stick to shooting and magic. Have an archmage on dragon, 20 archers, 3 bolt throwers, shadow warriors, and ellyrian reavers and I'll be fine.

hodgester66
27-09-2008, 11:07 AM
you might like to add another bolt thrower in there they always get there points bavk and can break the toughest unit, good for softening units up as well