PDA

View Full Version : 2k tourny List - High Elves

Trykoth
20-01-2008, 11:34 AM
This is a themed army list that is for a Games Workshop tourny. The list is a hard hitting list that is meant to charge at units and bash them up in combat. Shooting wise, the bolt thrower will tear of ranks on the flanks of enemy cavalry and infantry. King Trykoth is a character that doesn't need strength to win combat. Trykoth is armed with the sword of hoeth so he can cause wounds without strength issues. The talisman of loec will be a major trump card in a battle. Being able to reroll hits and wounds and successful armour saves by the opponent for 10 points is crazy good. And the sacred incense will protect him and the Dragon Princes from shooting trouble. Please rate and comment on my list.

King Trykoth’s Fury

Prince .: King Trykoth, the Avenger – Heavy Armor, Shield, Sword of Hoeth, Talisman of Loec, Sacred Incense, barded elven steed = 283

Mage .: Malakorr the Seer – Lv 2, Seerstaff of Saphery, Dispel Scroll, Elven Steed = 197

Spearmen .: Regiment of the Sacred Flame – Full command, 20 models = 205

Archers .: Snipers of the Forests – Light Armour, 10 models, Hawkeye = 130

Dragon Princes .: Raiders of the Fallen – 5 models, Full Command, Banner of Sorcery = 250

Silver Helms .: Fighters of Aenarion – 5 models, full command, shield = 155

Lion Chariots .: Envy of the Phoenix King - 2 chariots = 280

Swordmasters .: Blade of Trykoth – Full Command, 15 models, Foe bane, War Banner = 300

Repeater Bolt Thrower .: Trykoth’s Doombringer = 100

Great Eagle .: Eagles of Yvresse – 2 Eagles = 100

Farskit
20-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Though I am a staunch partisan of White Lions, your list looks okay.

I've always thought the Talisman of Loec was better used with the White Sword of Saphery, or whatever it's called, because you're almost sure to land a Killing Blow with it.

You also have little in the way of magic, but that should be okay.

Maybe the greatest trouble is the lack of troops, but then again, they are the best elite troops there is. So, I say, go ahead with this list!

Trykoth
20-01-2008, 11:30 PM
I also use the deadly White Sword / Talisman of Loec combo in another list. As you mainly see, I really think that my list can dominate in close combat. I got this idea because I usually lose combat to str 4+ armies which is almost all others besides high elves. Anyways, I was thinking that if I took out one lion chariot and the war banner out of the swordmasters, I could add a unit of 15 spearmen or a mage with the Gem of Sunfire and use the lore of fire. Whichever one can support me the best. Thanks for the comment Farskit! Here's a new list that may be a bit more balanced out.

King Trykoth’s Fury

Prince .: King Trykoth, the Avenger – Heavy Armor, Shield, Longbow, Elven Steed, Blade of Hoeth, Helm of Fortune = 275

Mage .: Malakorr the Seer – Lv 2, Seerstaff of Saphery, Amulet of fire = 185

Noble .: Ceridrion, Hunter of Daemons – Radiant Gem of Hoeth, dragon armor, shield = 140

Spearmen .: Defenders of the Sacred Flame – Full command, 20 models, Banner of Arcane Protection = 230

Archers .: Snipers of the Forests – light armor, 10 models, Hawkeye = 130

Dragon Princes .: Raiders of the Fallen – 5 models, Full Command, Banner of Sorcery, Amulet of light = 265

Silver Helms .: Fighters of Aenarion – 5 models, full command, shield = 155

Lion Chariot .: Envy of the Phoenix King = 140

Swordmasters .: Blade of Trykoth – Full Command, 15 models, Foe bane = 280

Repeater Bolt Thrower .: Trykoth’s Doombringer = 100

Great Eagle .: Eagles of Yvresse – 2 Eagles = 100

Post edited by: Trykoth, at: 2008/01/20 23:05

Post edited by: Trykoth, at: 2008/01/20 23:09