PDA

View Full Version : 2K Dwarfs

Eodred
16-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Right this is pretty much every model i have and some 'counts as'

Dwarf Lord-Shield bearers,Great weapon,MR of kragg the grimm, R of cleaving, MR of spite, R of Luck, R of stone, R of presevation-296

Thane- Dwarf handgun, pistol, shield, R of stone, R of fury, R of fire-117

Thane- battle standard, MR of fear, R of guarding-195

10 Thunderers-140

15 Quarrellers-165

20 Warriors- Shields, Full Command-205

20 Hammerers- Shields, full command, R or Determination-310

20 Ironbreakers- Full command, R of stoicism-315

Canon- R of forging, R of reloading- 135

Organ Gun-120
(1998 in total)

It's 3core, 3special, 1 rare and the characters, completly legal ( i think :blink: )
What do you think? I like small elite armies and i think this makes quite good use of the models ive gotB) C&C and advice welcome
Eodred

Indra
18-01-2008, 01:46 PM
Seems like a solid stand and shoot army. The problem you'll face is rapid moving flanking units that can deny valuable rank bonuses, and I think that it's key to have some kind of rapid response unit that can quickly move to aid a beleaguered unit. I think you'll fall down quickly if you don't get your deployment spot on as the poor dwarf move rate pretty much means that you'll be screwed if you dont get the placing of the army right, so I'd work out well beforehand as many different valid tactics for deployment as you can.

Indra

Eodred
18-01-2008, 04:58 PM
CheersB)
any tactics you think would work particularly well?
I dont no if youve got the army book so i can give you the effects of the runes if you want.
BTW the BS would be fielded in the ironbreakers, meaning that they count as a 40 strong fear causing unit :woohoo: The lord would be fielded in the hammerers and the Thane in the warriors.
I was thinking that it might be a good idea to swap the thane for a runesmith for a bit of magic protection and ive got 14 longbeards that i couldn't quite fit in there.
Thanks for the comment so far, any more help you can give me would be good thanksB)
Eodred

Indra
18-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Tactically its going to be about moving against the enemy flow. Oppose thier tactics, until they present a weakness and then flash them with cannon fire. Try to play the stalemate game as the dwarves can take a charge fine, but not if they get flanked.

Once they present a target that the cannon can flash then do for it. Remember that once they get into your firing range they're in trouble.

Indra

Your Conscience
20-01-2008, 05:38 PM
The best tactic to use with this army is to use a refused flank formation where yuo make the enemy to come towards you and u just sit back and shoot them pieces. As much as it pains me to say that (i have vampire counts and refused flanks always work well aganist manouverable armies)