PDA

View Full Version : err wait.. thats how many goblins???

themortalgod
18-10-2007, 06:17 AM
Skarsnik - 205pts

Night Goblin Big Boss - BSB The Spider Banner - 105pts

Night Goblin Shaman
Level2
Nibbla\'s Itty Ring
Dispel Scroll
140pts

Night Goblin Shaman
Level 2
Horn of Urgok
130pts

10 Arrer Boyz 60ptx

10 Arrer Boyz 60ptx

25 Orc Big Uns - 2 Choppas, Command, Mork\'s Spirit Totem - 355pts

12 Orc Boyz - 2 Choppas - 84pts

50 Night Goblins - Standard Bearer, Spears - 208pts
54 Night Goblins - 3 Fanatics, Standard Bearer, Spears - 299pts
35 Night Goblins - 3 Fanatics. Spears - 215pts
20 Night Goblins - 3 Fanatics, Spears - 155pts

39 Night Goblins - Bows, Musician, 3 Fanatics - 196pts
20 Night Goblins - Bows, Musician - 64pts

16 Spider Riders - Bows - 224pts

2500pts 307 Models

the main reason i have the orcs is because i kinda got bored of painting night goblins hahahaha,

ok so heres my strategy:

deploy all my spear armed troops towards the rear, the unit of 20 archers to one flank near the front, the riders on the other flank and the 39 man unit of archers right in front in one rank with the big boss (making their weapons poison

the general strategy is let them approach my archer line loosing plenty of poisoned arrows at them then as they come close out come the fanatics and then flee to their charge towards the general hopefully rallying next turn, reform into a unit and back up into my line since Skarnisk allows them to move that turn

I then let them continue to advance into my line let loose more fanatics and charge in and overwhelm them with the rest of my army

Other unit specific roles:
Spider Riders- Run down their flank and harass with bows and take out warmachines

20 Man Goblin unit - Slowly move backwards down my flank preventing a flank charge to my main army\'s flank

Magic - the army has 3 bound spells and the 2 shamans should be able to loose a few spells a turn

Arrer Boyz - deploy forward on flanks so they can throw potshots at the enmy and maybe flank charge if they are ignored

12 Orc Boyz - deploys behind spider riders to prevent flanking on that side

thoughts? suggestion? thx

commisar_felin
18-10-2007, 10:15 AM
ah yes night goblins something my rats can handle :D

the list looks nice but you\'re nightgoblin units in my opinion are too big. one false and unlucky diceroll in closecombat and they get ran over by horses and the like. if i were you i\'d break em into more managable 30man groups. that way the enemy has more targets to try and kill and you have more units you can grab flanks and such with. this way just in case one unit is broken from shooting the other groups of units will be free to move forward. the only reason you\'d do a 50man rank army is for dogs of war pikemen who fight in 4 ranks and strike on initiative to anyone who charges them.

thunderstorm
07-01-2008, 05:51 AM
good points but what about gun line armys?? or undead armys of nothing but necromancers and zombies and nothing but (like i run somtimes:P )???

Guzzlrr
07-01-2008, 05:59 AM
thats sounds like a good list i might adopt that plan lol

altho dont think it would work against noobish dark elf players lol damn crossbows/bolt thowers lol

yeah know what you mean about painting goblins lol 60 and i got board lol my god m8 thats commitment lol

Wraithlord
18-02-2008, 09:50 AM
commisar_felin wrote:

ah yes night goblins something my rats can handle :D

the list looks nice but you\'re nightgoblin units in my opinion are too big. one false and unlucky diceroll in closecombat and they get ran over by horses and the like. if i were you i\'d break em into more managable 30man groups. that way the enemy has more targets to try and kill and you have more units you can grab flanks and such with. this way just in case one unit is broken from shooting the other groups of units will be free to move forward. the only reason you\'d do a 50man rank army is for dogs of war pikemen who fight in 4 ranks and strike on initiative to anyone who charges them.

I agree. Orcs are good heavy hitters but my one suggestion is for 50 points(more than skarsnik), you can have Grom, the paunch of the misty mountains. He protects form elves and give you a chariot. Another thing to think about is dropping the 12 man orc unit for a chariot (Boar). Pair it with grom to make a great flanking force.

Post edited by: Wraithlord, at: 2008/03/22 14:34

Son of Dorn
18-02-2008, 10:00 AM
My Empire could kill that easy

Wraithlord
18-02-2008, 10:13 AM
you and your stupid greatswords and heros by the dozen. Empire need to be taken down with fanatics or something that goes around the darn detachments.