PDA

View Full Version : Ah, I\'m still going...

Indra
30-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Guys...:blush:

I did it again... using two thicknesses of card and some matchsticks, PVA glue and the usual cutting tools I mage these...

Mordheim Houses (http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/RonJonesLP/Mordheim%20Scenery/)

Hope you like, I\'ll post more when its painted!

By the way this is the 1000th post... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Post edited by: IndraFurya, at: 2006/04/30 17:25

Post edited by: IndraFurya, at: 2006/05/01 20:59

Post edited by: IndraFurya, at: 2006/05/01 21:14

NathanS
30-04-2006, 05:27 PM
Good work I do that kinda thing on a much larger scale very often.

Indra
30-04-2006, 06:02 PM

I\'ve made loads of this thing, also larger scale, but that was a while ago and when I moves across the country I had to throw a lot of it away. But I have just decided (Having made my little 12\" square boards, which the house was standing on in the pics) that Mordheim could use a revisit. So I think I\'ll make maybe three or four more plus walkways and play again.

I miss it a lot, so now seems a good time. Did I mention that I tied in second in the first Call to Arms tournament for Mordheim? Love that game.

:)

(Not a patch on necromunda though)

NathanS
30-04-2006, 06:31 PM
I was talking that I do construction work for a living.

mark
30-04-2006, 08:18 PM
Not bad, i can never find the right matrials for terrain

Indra
30-04-2006, 10:11 PM
Materials are easy. Art shop, A1 card sheet (plain, hence the grey coluor) for ?1.75, bag of matchsticks ?1.75 and some normal card (yellow in this case, about 1 A4 sheet)

In total, factoring in the other costs such as knives (LOL ?1 for 10 snap off in the pound shop and ?3 for a big bottle of PVA 1 litre) I can make about 4 or 5 houses for under a tenner. It just takes time.

Oh and modelling sand for bases.

To remind you and to show you the 2nd house I\'ve just made (Dammit I HAVE TO STOP THIS MADNESS!!!!) heres the link.

I really need help now, 2 hours after starting this topic I really did go and make yet more terrain. How my missus and I are still a couple is a miracle, I\'m telling ya...

Mordheim Houses (http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/RonJonesLP/Mordheim%20Scenery/)

For your info, the brick looking house is number 1, and the taller house is number 2. And the Tiles they are snapped on are the Tiles from the \'Argh... I\'ve done it again\' thread.

Please, put the bolter to my head...

torn
30-04-2006, 11:29 PM
looks really cool. Ive made some solid houses using the same sort of techniques, and i then covered the blank walls with all purpose filler to give them texture.

I painted mine in codex grey with space wolf grey highlights and the roof tiles are liche purple. I might have a picture . .

gives them a kind of gloomy night time feel, or a haunted village feel. Looking at your work i think i might make some to fit in that are broken.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/sexytorn/fantasy/DSC00033.jpg

my second house (which i dont have a pictuure) has a cool little attick window which was easy to put on but looks really good on the finished product.

Indra
01-05-2006, 12:24 AM
That looks really cool, fair play. I just played mordheim so much and I really missed it, and having a fit of inspiration from the weirdest pic (A warm up game of Mordheim at a Gaming Club of Owen Rees and Nick Kyme near the back issue 316) on a really small area (2\'x2\') with about 4 buildings. I thought to myself \'I always played on a 4x4 surface, why didnt a smaller area seem appropriate?\' so boom, 4 modular tiles (each 1\' square) later and I have a gaming area, and now I\'ve 2 unpainted buildings. I figure 2 more, maybe three, plus walkways, and I\'m ready to start mordheim again.

(My 2 year old was really helpful handing me matchsticks...)

Plas, yu\'ll note the table colour of the tiles is dark grey... 250 points of 40k, small necromunda or even BFG anyone? Now that\'s forward thinking for ya...

For those interested in the budget, I dont have one. I\'m perpetually skint (Too much booze when younger = debt later on!!) so I had to thrift big time. About a tenner for the building materials (At least 3 buildings worth, if not 4 or even 5!) and a fiver on ceiling tiles. Poster paints for area colouring are ?1 from Early Learning Centre, so ideal.

In total, for about ?20 you can make a table and terrain. (There are enough ceiling tiles to make 10\' Sq. I double them to prevent warping- 20 to a pack)

Enjoy.

Indra
01-05-2006, 04:06 AM
My god they\'ve been textured...

But heres a thing for ya, I said earlier all ya gotta do is plan it out. I failed to plan colour schemes... So here I am, with two very nice, very textured buildings, with a good base colour, and no real clue where to go next. I might mix up a bone colour and drybrush straight on... but I cant decide.

Any takers on colour advice on these two beauties?

Textures Applied Now!! (http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/RonJonesLP/Mordheim%20Scenery/)

:dry:

They are of course the brown coloured pics...

Post edited by: IndraFurya, at: 2006/05/01 04:06

Indra
01-05-2006, 08:55 PM
:blush:

I\'ve still managed to make more...

I\'ve decided to make this a project. With Cities of death coming up, everyone will want to make ruined cities, or spend loads on the new scenics. Now nice as they are, at ?15 a building (Half a building?!? THey are ruined after all) It can be quite pricey. Now so far, I\'ve made FIVE bits of scenery and I still have a lot of material left to make more.

The costs again are as follows:

A1 Sheet of thick untreated, uncoloured card
?1.75

A4 Sheet of normal card (yellow- no reason, it just was)
10p

Bag of modelling matches
?1.75

1 litre of PVA Glue (This is my stash. Had it for years now, never runs out...)
?4.50

Box of sand from the beach/other free source
?0.00

10 Snap off razors from the pound shop in a single pack
?1.00

Total cost:
?10.10

And I\'ve got 5 scenics so far, with enough card left to make maybe three more. I\'ll keep posting here to keep you informed!

The next three ruins (http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/RonJonesLP/Mordheim%20Scenery/Houses345001.jpg)

See what you think. There are more snaps on the album.
Indra\'s Photobucket (http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/RonJonesLP/Mordheim%20Scenery/Houses345001.jpg)

Post edited by: IndraFurya, at: 2006/05/01 20:58

Raziel
01-05-2006, 08:58 PM
good job, you make me want to start making scenery of my own, but my room is all ready filled with models and i dont think i would be able to move if i strted to add scenery everywhere, and of cource as you said the cost.

Indra
01-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Hey bud, not long after you posted (maybe 5 seconds) I had to edit a bit. You ought to go back and take a quick look again...

Raziel
01-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Ok its not that much money but when you have a low budjet every pound counts. I have always wanted to build scenery for lord of the rings, i have seen some guides how to make Gondor towns mines of moria but there big prodjects.

Indra
01-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Trust me I know about shortage of cash. A stupid youth meant a lot of debt I\'m still paying for these days. So I have to budget really well. THis proj is the way forward for us skint folk. I\'ve reposted this as a new topic on saving money, so the project can go there.