PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Vamp

trapastar
24-08-2007, 09:14 AM
im tryin to do a new army and i desided to do nacarach vamps... heres my army list wat u think??

master nec. 185-272 x3 nec. 65-450
lvl4 35 lvl2 35
staf of dam 40 2 scroll50
nightmare 12

giant 205 black coach 200

20 grave guard 240-315 x2 15 skelotons 120-380
command 30 light a & spear 45
banner of borrw 45 command 25

x2 5 dire wolves 50-120 5 fell batz 80
doom wolf 10

10 black knights 115-210
barding 10
command 40
screemin banner 45

Farskit
24-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Your all-out magic approach isn\'t what I\'d recommand. You need vampires to make sure you can hit, and hit hard.

Honestly, I\'d swap the Master Necromancer for a Vampire (Lord or Count, you decide), preferably a Blood Dragon so he can join the Black Knights and do serious damage.

Also, from what I\'ve understood of your army list (if you could make it clearer, that\'d help greatly;) ), you have very, very few units.

Understand: not enough. I know, you maybe don\'t have the models for zombies and such, but you need to take some. Maybe drop the Black Coach, or the Giant, and take one or two blocks of zombies.

Yes, these guys can\'t do any damage. Yes, they cost more than an Empire spearman. But you NEED them. Why? Because you need the enemy to charge them, so he can tie in his best units in a combat he CAN\'T win in one turn!

Experience has proven that 16 (!) Chaos Knights cannot smash 20 skeletons in ont turn.

Once the enemy is tied against your Zombies, The Grave Guard and Black kinghts can zoom in to finish the fight with a deadly counter charge.

trapastar
24-08-2007, 11:59 PM
thanks for the help... about the messynes... it came out diffrent from what i typed. and thats why i have so many necs id put them in the back, in 2 units and have 2 skeloton units bloking them, which i would rise the first turn. all the other turns... ZOMBIES! dont worry i bought a crap load;) ty for your help

themortalgod
25-08-2007, 12:16 AM
one combo i used to run in my VC army with a big unit of black nights is put my lahmian lord in it, give her the item with danse macabre bound and hope one or more of my magic users also rolled danse then try and draw out all my opponent\'s dice and dance the unit 2 or 3 times to charge across the entire field turn 1 delivering a payload of a vampire lord and 11 black knights in one fell swoop, i find it works about 1/4 of the time and if it doesn\'t ur not really screwed but most enemies arnt expecting a cavalry charge powerful enough to break just about anything on turn one :D (plus they usually don\'t try and dispel that first danse macabre but when you go to cast the second with the item either you get your free charge or draw out an early dispel scroll with a lower power bound item :D)

one time i did it against a goblin horde and panicked half their army thx to the first unit failing a terror test, plus I was able to redirect into a spear chukka so I was able to avoid being charged by anything on turn 2, it was a satisfying massacre :D

Your Conscience
30-08-2007, 03:39 PM
Right lets have a look at this list

master nec. 185-272
lvl4 35 lvl2 35
staf of dam 40 2 scroll50
nightmare 12
alright but if you are doing a necrach list you do need to have a necrach count even though they aren;t as good as the master necro it means that your army general isn;t a necro and give the necrach the crown of the damed also think about giving them blood line powers necrach noble blood unholycynosure etc

x3 nec. 65-450
Do these actually have anything with them or are they bare because vampire counts should have loads of magic and bound spells so that you can get it off

giant 205
I wouldn\'t take this it is a waste of points IMO this is because it won\'t actually do that much and this means that it is making you lose a lot of models and even a whoel unit of 30 zombies+

black coach 200
I don\'t like the black coachthat much because it is the oly chariot that VC can actually get and this means that it will be shot at straight away and destroye.

20 grave guard 240-315 x2 15 skelotons
120-380
command 30 light a & spear 45
banner of borrw 45 command 25

x2 5 dire wolves 50-120 5 fell batz 80
doom wolf 10

10 black knights 115-210
barding 10
command 40
screemin banner 45

I apologise for the quickness of this list becuase it was very confusing with all of the diffrent points value dotted around so could you sort it out and then i would be happy to look at it