PDA

View Full Version : My 2.5k Skaven list

commisar_felin
27-07-2007, 07:39 AM
Gah second time doing this as i got logged out when i tried posting losing my list -_-;;

Here is my 2.5k list and i would like some critique as to which is a good set up and which is a useful unit to get next! so here it is.

Lord
Grey Seer riding Screaming Bell w/hw + 4 warpstone tokens
Equipment:Eye of the Horned Rat, Warpstone Amulet, x2 dispell Scrolls
535pts

Unit Pushing the Bell
Clan Rats x25 w/hw + sh + la
Clawleader
Musician
Standard
weapon team: Ratling gun
210pts

Heroes
Assassin w/x2 hw + Throwing Stars + Smoke Bombs
Equipment: Bands of power, Languisher Sword
175pts

Plague Priest w/ Censer Bearer
Equipment: Liber Bubonics, Warpstone token
136pts

Warplock Engineer w/ warplock pistol, warp Blades, upgraded warp-energy condenser, supercharged warp-power accumulator
Equipment: Storm Daemon, Death Globes
140pts

Core Units
Clan Rats x25 w/hw + sh + la
Clawleader
Musician
Standard
weapon team: Warpfire Thrower

Clan Rats x25 w/spear + sh + la
Clawleader
Musician
Standard
weapon team: Ratling gun

Clanrat Slaves x20 w/hw
Musician
44pts

Clanrat Slaves x20 w/hw
Musician
44pts

Night Runners x20 w/x2 hw
Nightleader
150pts

Special units
Plague Monks x20 w/2x hw
Plague Deacon
Musician
Standard
magical standard: Banner of burning hatred
210pts

Plague Monks x20 w/2x hw
Plague Deacon
Musician
Standard
magical standard: Banner of burning hatred
210pts

Poison Wind Globadiers x2 w/poison globes + hand weapon
20pts

Warplock Jezzail teams x3 w/Jezzail Rifles + Pavise
60pts

Rare Units
Warp-lightning Warp Cannon
100pts

total points:2494 pts
models in army:189

So this is my list that i play with at the 2.5k level and would like any kind of criticism as to help me with what to change and maybe what to get next to help. currently in excess that i have left model wise are:
1x chieftan/warlord model (usually carries my storm banner)
2x rat ogres and handlers
6x giant rats and one handler

Farskit
27-07-2007, 07:54 AM
YOur list looks good, although I\'d alter a few things. First, I\'d drop the second Monk unit. Plus you\'re not allowed to tek the same magic item twice, so...

Also, Two Globadiers, or 3 Jezzails, are never going to hurt anybody. Take units of 6 Jezzails and Globadiers if you plan on using them.

With the points spared, I\'d take the Chieftain. An extra hero is always handy. Also, I\'d take 25 slaves rather than 20, but it\'d require you to buy a whole new box, so...

So, my advice: drope Jezzails, Globadiers and the second unit of Monks. Beef the other Monk unit to 25, you\'ll see, it works quite well, and take the Chieftain (but not necessarily as a Battle Standard Bearer).

Then, you can either expand your Jezzails and Globadiers, and bring in the Rat-Ogres (though 3 are better than 2), or try and scrap the points for 20 or 21 Stormvermin, if you fancy it. The work well against Cavalry or resilient infantry, especially when lead by a Chieftain.

Overall, I like your list, and I\'d say it should work rather well.

commisar_felin
27-07-2007, 08:15 AM
isn\'t the maximum total character though for 2000+pts games 4? thanks for the critique yah i\'ll look into dwindling my monks it does seem unwieldly at time when they charge towards the enemy only to fail or when they have to move towards the nearest unit messing up my tactics. i\'ll see in getting either more globadiers or jezzails :3 i love jezzails though mine never work >.<;; and stormvermin for me is something i want but can\'t reach! at for 10 stormvermin = 45$ is expensive for me :/

Palfy
31-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Grey Seer:
Drop the warpstone ammy - if you roll a one after the game, you are throwing away 600+ VP\'s which could turn a win into a loss... Take a safer ward like the tenebrous cloak

Bell unit:
Fine, though i would like more in there :)

Assassin:
Drop the languisher sword. He has a very high I, so will strike frist a lot of the time anyway. He also strikes first on the turn you unhide him. It is a waste of points as his poisoned weapons are more then good enough.

Plague Priest:
Never been able to use the liber due to range restrictions and never been able to cast it. I would drop either this guy or the assassin for a battle standard, which really helps with break tests

Warlock:
Fine - though the pistol is a waste of points

Clanrats:
Drop the champs and use the points to add more clanrats. The extra A wont help much, as skaven generally win by combat resolution, not kills alone (excluding plague monks/rat ogres)

Slaves:
Try to add 1 more model to each unit, which means the enemy has to kill 1 more to cause a panic test

Night runners:
Split this unit down! 20 is overkill
make them 1 unit of 5 naked runners to act as screens. Then make 2 units - one of 7 one 8 with extra weapons as flanking units

Plague monks:
I love these, but as has been said drop a magic banner

Globadiers:
Cool, units of 2 are very usefull for baiting and drawing out your deployment phase. With 2 units of 2, plus slaves and night runners, your opponant has probably finished deploying before you have even put down any important units

Jezzails:
All or nothing here - take 10 or none at all ( or 2x 5)

WLC:
Fine

Overall this list shows potential, but it could do with more models - my 2k list outnumbers this. Some tunnelers may also help the army. I do like your choice of weapon teams, but they are not essential and removing them would free up points for more models

Post edited by: Palfy, at: 2007/07/31 17:43