PDA

View Full Version : First WFB Army - 1000pts DE

KillerHappyFace
13-07-2007, 05:21 AM
I\'m completely new to Fantasy (I was convinced to start up by my store, which is doing all sorts of cool crap for WFB right now.) As such, I\'m not particularly sure of the system and I need help getting my army off the ground.

Here is my 1k Dark Elves list:

Heroes:
Noble (general)- 130 pts
-Halberd
-Lifetaker
-Blood Armor
-Sea Dragon Cloak

Sorceress (lvl 2)- 201 pts
-Cold One Steed
-Dispel Scroll
-Darkstar Cloak

Core:
Warriors (10)- 120 pts
-Shields
-Repeater Crossbows

Warriors (20)- 185 pts
-Shields
-Full Command

Special:
Shades (5)- 70 pts

Cold One Chariot- 107 pts
-Repeater Crossbows
-Spears

Cold One Knights (5)- 190 pts
-Full Command

TOTAL: 1003 pts

As it is, I have everything on the list except the Knights. Another option I could have instead of the Knights is a Reaper Bolt Thrower, with an additional barebones level 1 Sorceress. Would anyone have any advice for or against this swap?

Critique and Comments are welcome.

torn
13-07-2007, 04:16 PM
if your going to use magic in 1000pts you need 2 lvl2, otherwise just take a level 1 with 2 dispell scrolls. A hero and a sorcerer isnt a great combination in a low points game, you need to go completely one way or the other.

other than that everything seems alright.

Your Conscience
15-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Here is my 1k Dark Elves list:

In all not a great list IMO. What Torn said isn\'t that relevant because only some armies actually need to have 2 Lv 2 wizards cos they need it like undead.

Heroes:
Noble (general)- 130 pts
-Halberd
-Lifetaker
-Blood Armor
-Sea Dragon Cloak

Not sure what these actually do so it looks alright but try to have a cheap general with a good armour save. Unless life taker does this (note don\'t post the rules on here GW doesn\'t like that!)

Sorceress (lvl 2)- 201 pts
-Cold One Steed
-Dispel Scroll
-Darkstar Cloak

Don\'t mount her because it limits her LoS and drop the darksters cloak so that shes a bit cheaper

Core:
Warriors (10)- 120 pts
-Shields
-Repeater Crossbows

Drop shields they are pointless

Warriors (20)- 185 pts
-Shields
-Full Command

Alright i guess

Special:
Shades (5)- 70 pts

Not sure about these they could work.

Cold One Chariot- 107 pts
-Repeater Crossbows
-Spears

Cold One Knights (5)- 190 pts
-Full Command

I would drop these and get another unit or another chariot and mount your general in it for some hitting power

TOTAL: 1003 pts

KillerHappyFace
19-07-2007, 01:13 AM
The lifetaker is a magical ranged weapon and the blood armor is really good armor. (just so you know)

I definitely agree on the mount for the sorceress, it really bit me big time in a couple of games. However, the darkstar cloak is very good for her, and it is actually rather cheap for what it does.

I\'m sort of torn on the shields. I tend to move that unit around a lot, and with shields they can hold their own in combat, buying time for my spearmen, or another close by unit to flank the enemy.

In the games I\'ve played, both the knights and my chariot have actually done really well, taking out a lot more of the enemy\'s army than I would expect.

The one unit that has done little are my shades. I\'ll probably end up chucking them for a bolt thrower for some real long range killing.