PDA

View Full Version : My 1k Lizardmen

Farskit
21-06-2007, 03:27 AM
Ok, this is meant to be the \"core\" for my future 2K Lizardmen force, but for now 1000 pts will suffice. The list I intend to make will be completely based on close-combat rather than shooting or magic.

This army will also be the subject of my \'Tale of X Gamers\' reports.

-Krog-Ax, He who knows the way: Saurus Scar-Veteran.
Marks of Tepok and Itzl
Cold One, Light Armour, Shield, Hornet Sword.

-Tzelactxil, Who came to guide: Skink Priest
Dispel Scroll

-Jungle\'s Poison: 10 Skink Scouts with blowpipes

-Jungle\'s Fist: 15 Saurus Warriors
Full Command

--Jungle\'s Talon: 15 Saurus Warriors
Full Command.

-Jungle\'s Jaw: 6 Saurus Cavalry
Champion and Standard Bearer
Totem of Huanchi

The Scar-Veteran will later be promoted to Oldblood and recieve the Mark of the Old Ones (granting him re-rolls).

For now, I have magical defence in the form of a \"Scroll Caddy\" (my level 1 priest) and the Mark of Tepok (+1 Dispel Dice).

The Scar-Veteran packs a lot of hitting strength, his sword allowing him to strike first. His unit is also virtually the equal of any super-heavy cavalry unit.

Then, Saurus form the łain battle line, they are strong and I rely on them to win fights. The Skinks will hunt for warmachines and light units, if they don\'t get shot to death, and maybe even sneak behind enemy units before they are charged by the saurus and hopefully sent running away.

Post edited by: Farskit, at: 2007/06/20 22:28

Gaius Julius
21-06-2007, 06:08 PM
That\'s a really nice, balanced list you\'ve got there, I think it could actually do alright. 1000 pts isn\'t really enough to get a lot of units in, and can actually be quite hard to make a list for, but you\'ve done a good job with it.

The problems start when you bump it up to 2000pts:D

cheers

GJ

Your Conscience
26-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Nice list this is and i like the varience with the type of list because this is a lot diffrent compared to that of normal lists and i like this.

Krog-Ax, He who knows the way: Saurus Scar-Veteran.
Marks of Tepok and Itzl
Cold One, Light Armour, Shield, Hornet Sword.

Nice i would prefer it with a lance to save on points if that is possible because i can\'t remeber if they can have a lance.

-Tzelactxil, Who came to guide: Skink Priest
Dispel Scroll

Nice defensive magic

-Jungle\'s Poison: 10 Skink Scouts with blowpipes

Nice. just like i used to do

-Jungle\'s Fist: 15 Saurus Warriors
Full Command

Good

--Jungle\'s Talon: 15 Saurus Warriors
Full Command.

Like wise

-Jungle\'s Jaw: 6 Saurus Cavalry
Champion and Standard Bearer
Totem of Huanchi

Never used these before so it will be intresting to see how you do with them.

Farskit
28-06-2007, 07:51 PM
The Scar-Vets can\'t have lances, but they can have spears.

The Cavalry are hitting force. Six of them, plus a hero, equals lots of dead enemies. The totem is here for a sole purpose: prevent the dirty trick of fleeing when my cavalry charges.

I want them to hit home, so I intend to march them very close to the enemy, use the totem, and BAM!

trapastar
25-08-2007, 12:05 AM
no offense dude but if your only doin a close combat and not magic army with lizzardmen, mabe u need a dif army... try orcs or chaos much beta for close combat:)
lizzards are ment for there CrAzY magic

Farskit
25-08-2007, 06:16 AM
I do not share that opinion. Of course, we Lizardmen have the most potent spellcasters of the game. Of course, a 2nd Gen. Slann can, and will, dominate the magic phase (if you have enough Skink Priests, that is).

But it is too restrictive to consider Lizardmen as magic only. First of all we only have one real good spellcaster: the Slann.
But we have two close-combat powerhouses: Scar-Veterans and their four (!) S5 attacks, and Oldbloods (same, but better). Give a great weapon to the Scar-Vets and watch your opponent\'s smile fade.

Beside, Lizardmen have several things Orcs or Chaos do not have.

1) Core troops with two attacks at S4, at a VERY reasonable price, and a decent armour save. Beat that.
2)Lots of potent skirmishers. Skinks rock.
3)They\'re cold-blooded, meaning I most lilely won\'t have to care about psychology.
4)Good units of warmachine-hunting flyers.
5) Dinosaurs. Roaaaaar!

When making this army I did not want a simple close-combat army. I wanted a Lizardmen army, geared for close combat. Lizarmen are freakin\' scary in hand-to-hand fighting, and perhaps you have heard of the infamous Jaguar Saurus Oldblood of Doom?
I believe no army has a single way to be played. Empire is so much more than a gunline with Knights. Orcs are not always gung-ho violence addicts. Wood Elves actually do something else than shooting. The list is endless.

Teslatrooper
30-08-2007, 02:23 AM
That JSOD is so good, I never leave home without it. And yes I will agree, that all armies can be played in different ways or styles.

Farskit I like your thinking on Dinosaurs (Roaar!!! ;) ). On my 3000+ point list I always bring my Oldblood mounted on a carnosaur hehehe. :laugh: