PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts Vampire Counts

DarthXander
20-06-2007, 04:01 AM
Below is my 1000pt VC list that is the starting point for my Tale of X gamers (please PM me to sign up!) list.

I recognise the fact that a Vampire Thrall in a 1000pt list is a bit of an overkill but the list is pretty fluff driven, ie will follow my Vampire as his powers and entourage develop!

Blood Dragon Vampire Thrall
Sword of Might, Red Fury, Full Plate, Shield, Barded Nightmare
144pts

Necromancer
Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Book of Arkhan
150pts

19 Skeletons
Hand Weapon, Shield, Full Command
177pts

20 Skeletons
185pts

6 Dire Wolves
60pts

6 Dire Wolves
60pts

7 Black Knights
Lance, Heavy Armour, Shield, Barded Nightmare, Full Command, Banner of the Dead Legion
226pts

Total = 1002pts

The plan is that the Black Knights and Thrall are the hammer with the skeletons being the anvil.
Knights have Banner of Dead Legion reducing the number of models removed should I, woe betide, lose a combat with them!
Essentially the Dire Wolves protect the flanks while the two skeleton blocks shuffle up the centre with the Knights hopefully getting a nice flank charge with their Wight Blades!

Any C & C much appreciated!

Captain Castus
20-06-2007, 04:51 AM
Sounds like a good plan to me! Although I\'ve never played a proper game of WHFB in my life!!

Seems to have all the elements needed though... An infantry block (skeletons), hard hitting troops (black knights), flankers (wolves) a good hero and some magic...

Fancy a 1000 pointer against my Chaos at Gamesday?! :)

CC

DarthXander
21-06-2007, 03:07 AM
I would love to play a 1000pt game however at GD only games of 400pts are allowed...

Also may struggle to get all of that bought and painted over the summer with a busy social schedule!!!

Farskit
21-06-2007, 03:26 AM
Looks excellent. Watch out though, heavy fire at your cavalry could quickly destroy all your hitting power.

Your Conscience
26-06-2007, 02:34 AM
This army isn\'t that great to be fair.

Blood Dragon Vampire Thrall
Sword of Might, Red Fury, Full Plate, Shield, Barded Nightmare
144pts

A thrall can\'t take fullplate armour. also drop the sword of might and red fury and go for the one that can re-roll failed to wound in close combat. Also go for a lance so that it makes him strength 7 on the charge

Necromancer
Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Book of Arkhan
150pts

Drop the scroll
you will also need 2 necros in a vsmpire counts army to gain magical dommenance

19 Skeletons
177pts

20 Skeletons
185pts

6 Dire Wolves
60pts

6 Dire Wolves
60pts

7 Black Knights
Lance, Heavy Armour, Shield, Barded Nightmare, Full Command, Banner of the Dead Legion
226pts

Drop the banner of the dead legion a complete waste of points in a 1000 points don\'t take a banner and if you are going to take a banner instead take the banner of doom for that ward save. So the banner of the dead legion has no profit cos you will have 16 models already so it it a complete waste.

DarthXander
26-06-2007, 03:35 AM
You make some fair points conscience - thanks!

Also good spot on the full plate...

I will revise my list and come back to you!

LordKAlleKlovn
10-10-2007, 05:34 PM
It seems like a good army, but u should also try to get some grave guards as an elite company on foot.

But how would a vampire army ever defeat a tomb kings army? and vice a versa?

LordKAlleKlovn
10-10-2007, 05:34 PM
It seems like a good army, but u should also try to get some grave guards as an elite company on foot.

But how would a vampire army ever defeat a tomb kings army? and vice a versa?

Your Conscience
16-10-2007, 12:21 AM
Yeah LordKAlleKlovn remeber that this list is only 1000 points and worth while unit of grave guard are usually about 300-400 because anything else they are way to small and a points sink. So at 1000 points don\'t take grave guard until you reach 2000

vlad3theimpaler
07-11-2007, 09:17 AM
My Vampire Counts army looks similar, but I use another necromancer, a blood dragon on foot w/ the sword of unholy power, and a unit of fell bats instead of wolves. The sword of unholy power is great for getting a magic boost, especially with the black periapt, so i can save 1 dispel die for spellcasting on the next turn.