PDA

View Full Version : Need help patching up 2K list

Farskit
12-06-2007, 02:19 AM
I\'m intending to enter the Nemesis Crown campaign with Tomb Kings. Together with my brother we own more than 2k points, fully painted, but now that I\'m trying to put up a real 2k list I\'m having trouble to have something that looks good.

Here\'s the list so far:

-Kheratop the Second, Tomb King
Chariot
Scorpion Armour
The King\'s Crown
Heavy Weapon
Shield

-Dazhar, Hierophant (Liche Priest)
Hieratic Jar
Cape of Dunes

-Tehesmet, Guardian of Souls (Liche Priest)
Casket of souls
Dispel Scroll

-The Eternal Servant: 20 Skeleton Warriors
Light armour
Full Command

-Kheratop\'s Scythe: 3 Chariots
Full Command

-Aspic\'s Bite: 10 Skeleton Warriors
Hand Weapons and Bows
Light Armour

-The King\'s Guard: 20 Tomb Guardians
Full Command
Icon of Rakaph

-They who Protect: 3 Ushabti

-Sky\'s Shadow: 3 Carrion

-Hail of Skulls: Screaming Skull Catapult
Enemy\'s Skulls

Grand Total: 1921 points.

Magical power is not what I lack: I will cast five incantations per turn, including the Casket. The King will use his incantations on the Ushabti and his Chariots, in order to outflank the enemy. The Casket Priest will use his on the catapult (which shall be deployed near the casket), in order to make it shoot twice a turn.

Tomb Guard will shelter the Hierophant, he can fly away with his Cape of Dunes if need be.

So, what can I get with the remaining points? The available models are: a mounted Priest, twelve Heavy Cavalry, and some skeleton archers.

I thought about removing the Scorpion Armour to save some points... Any TK player to help?

And btw, I\'m keeping the casket. It just is too cool.

DarthXander
12-06-2007, 02:54 AM
I would probably try and squeeze in the heavy cavalry.

Though you hace your chariots I am not sure how hard wearing they are and if fragile I think you could do with a hard hitting unit like some knights.

Farskit
12-06-2007, 03:08 AM
Yeah.. You\'re probably right, though the Tomb King \'heavy cavalry\' possess little more hitting power than a drunk goblin (I talked about this in my \"Army Book review\").

However thay could scare off a unit or two, and who know, maybe even be a fire magnet.

Aeries
04-04-2008, 04:49 PM
i wouldent use heay horsemen i would get more chariots and pleanty of them.

Indra
04-04-2008, 06:45 PM
I know its not quite the model range available, but you\'re infantry blocks are weak in numbers.

Squeeze some more in there to keep the table full of blockers and support for the harder hitters.

I think that where you\'d fall down with this list will be how fast you\'ll potentially lose the main bulk of the army.

Indra

Jasfmpgh
20-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Are you using the tomb king in a unit? I always liked equipping him with a Armour of the ages and a crown of kings, and a great weapon. (Toughness 5, Wounds 5, Ward Save +4 is a pain for anyone to take down.)

I\'d drop the ten skeleton archers and take a liche priest with a Staff of Ravening.

Also I\'d put the Banner of the undying legion in whatever group the tomb king is with.

When your really getting off alot of spells tomb kings are unstopable.