PDA

View Full Version : 1000pts O&G Army

Kiefer13
07-06-2007, 02:01 AM
Right, I\'z finally got enough of me boyz together for a propa WAAAGH and I woz wondering if diz was effek... effictiv.... ANY GUD? I cud uooze sum advice from any of da big bosses \'ere on Astro. :P

*COUGH*

Whoops, sorry that was my inner ork talking there! :laugh: Anyway, here is a 1000pts list of orks and goblins to rate.
Cheers,
Kiefer13

1000pts Orcs & Goblins Army List

Orc Big Boss 92pts
Spear, Shield, Light Armour, Boar

Orc Big Boss 76pts
Great Weapon, Light Armour

Orc Boyz (15) 135pts
Additional Choppas, Full Command

Orc Boyz (15) 135pts
Additional Choppas, Full Command

Orc Boyz (15) 135pts
Spears, Shields, Full Command

Orc Arrer Boyz (16) 96pts
No Upgrades

Goblins (40) 220pts
Spears, Shields, Full Command

Orc Boar Chariot 80pts
No Upgrades

Farskit
07-06-2007, 03:55 AM
The list looks good. Even though you lack serious, fast-moving hitting power (apart from your chariot and mounted Boss), you have five big mean units that will prove hard to defeat.

I\'m concerned however with your mounted hero. I don\'t think a lone, mounted hero has a great survivability. He risks to get shot quickly, unless he sneaks around and strike at the same time as the rest of the army. Not very Orcish you\'ll say.

But I know how much damage he can deal on a charge (ooh, Tusk Charges...), so you could try and keep him for now.

Just don\'t let him charge alone.

Your Conscience
08-06-2007, 04:03 PM
You really lack any magic attack or defensive, which will probably mean that you will get hammered in the magic phase also you are missing a lot of hard hitting units. Also the warboss on the boar will get nailed so put him in a unit or get him a unit

Kiefer13
10-06-2007, 02:35 AM
I\'m thinking of getting a unit of Boarboyz for my mounted boss and a unit of Black Orcs for my foot boss.

Depending on their sizes and costs I may also add in a unit of night goblins with fanatics to bring the points up to 2000pts.

That sound good?

Cheers,
Kiefer13

Trick
10-06-2007, 03:15 AM
Don\'t bother with Boar Boyz, really too expensive for what you get, one of the poor choices in the new book. Put your mounted Boss in an infantry unit, don\'t worry about the lack of mobility, just think of the boar as extra armour.

I\'d change your Goblins to Night Goblins if you can, Fanatics and especially Netters are the future!

I would liquidate one of your Orc mobs and bring the other two up to larger sizes where they\'ll be more effective. With little to no armour these guys will die fast, so the more you have in a unit, the more survivable your Static CR will be.

Use your points to either make your General a Black Orc or invest in a small unit of Wolf Riders with spears to give you more tactical options.

Trick

TheWorldDragon
21-11-2007, 12:52 AM
I would say go Black Orcs. They will crumble ranks down fast and easy. Give them a shield and hand weapon so you have a 3+ armour save to keep your boyz alive.

trapastar
09-12-2007, 08:54 PM
ill tell ya wat u realy need to do is mos. def. take out dem arrer boyz and goblins out and put in some night gobins wit 3 fanatics. make the night goblins go up agenst their opponants strongest model, (like giant, shagoth, treeman etc.)and u will destroy it. NEVER USE ARRER BOYZ there just units to take up ur time by actually shootin them and a big waste of points. think about it... a unit of arrer boyz will at max kill 1 model a turn at long range, and ur probly not ganna get um ito close range, unless u march um up and if u do u would only get 5 shots in if ur smart and wont kill a think.:)